Reviews for The Length of the World
Ari 347 chapter 1 . 1/29
I am so in love with this! I'm a pretty big Valdemar fan,and I love the LHM series. What here was AU, though?
Jason K chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Very cool, this is one of my favorite series, and you do it justice with your addition to it. Great work.
Amethystars chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Lovely story, very touching and personal and so real. Vanyel is one of my fave valdemar characters, and you write him very well.
Bard Kayna chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Gah, I LOVE this. This is really rather brilliant, and that's coming from the most devoted Vanyel fangirl alive. I love it. LOVE IT. I just... GAH.

It's brilliant. It's brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. You're awesome.
Lazuli chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Lovely, lovely piece and just the sort of thing I was looking for in fanfic for this series. :) No one really plays with the idea that much and it's just lovely. Great job.
I Will Consume Your Soul chapter 1 . 9/20/2009
What a beautifully written story. I am very pleased with this story. :)
Stefen chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
That was sweet. Good work. :)
Lady Halaia chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Oh... I like this. I have to say, this is technically canon, but seems a bit AU, which is brilliant.
fancyspinner chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Ah seduced to the Dark Side, huh? LOL. Great wonderful story. makes me want to re-read the trilogy. (sigh) those are my favorite too though they just break my heart. I can re-write them now though to my heart's content. I'm very glad you wrote this.
paganaidd chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
I like this. I always wanted there to be more about Vanyel and Stefan in the caves.
etcetera-cat chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Well. So, this? Is good. Really good*.

It reads as true to the style of the LHM books and your characterisations are pretty much right on the money; Yfandes, in particular, is particularly good. You seem to have her speech patterns down pat.

You do have a few transposed words (bare/bear is the most obvious one, when Yfandes is speaking to Stefan), and a couple of minor misspellings (again, the most obvious one is a 'say' instead of 'stay' when Vanyel is talking to Stefan after his nightmare), but your use of language itself is very engaging and richly descriptive.

Thanks for sharing!

etcetera-cat

*this review written whilst in state of under-caffeination: redundant inanity regrettable, but unlikely to go away.