Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
janneyt chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
Oh Lord this one was a winner! I really appreciate as a write you allowing Edward to tell the whole story and not take 20 chapters to learn what was really in his head. It's mature, it's heartwrenching and I can't wait for the next chapter.
TLammy chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
Wow another intense chapter. So it was a case of hurt her before she hurts me - what twisted logic. At least it's all out in the open now, don't think it will lead to the closure Bella wants (well that's my hope cause I want them together eventually). Good luck with the Indies, I'll be ready to vote as soon as it's open for voting ;)
Savannahh08 chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
wow they have one screwed up relationship
sncmom chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
The waiting will be agony.
talia cullen chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
oh my god this story is freaking fantastic thank you thank you thank you x
In.a.blue.bathrobe chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
The answer was Morse code in her pulse.

lovely.
slapmeonthepatio chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
Well Edward, it depends on my mood. Tonight I'm in the mood for a sensual slow peeling, but tomorrow I may want something rougher. Oh hell - *you* decide, sexy, sexy man.

Another stunningly visual chapter. I loved hearing Edward's explanation for his behaviour. It rang true to me, as convoluted and fucked up as it was. It's the little word picture things you do and how they serve character and narrative that make this story truly great though. The gorgeous bit at the end about the pattern of their footprints, for instance was such stark affective imagery, and tied into the themes of the story perfectly without you needing to labour the point. I'll read it again tomorrow when I'm not so buggered. Fabby. Thanks once again for sharing this most evocative gem.
Ori1 chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
The past two chapters were heartbreaking. I liked how they both presented their side of the story and how much they both hated and depended on Edward's gift.

I look forward to seeing how they can move forward from this.
katelyndc chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
So the undefinable turns into something else? However many times the parents tried to stop the teenage emotions and worthless angst, it seems they just made things harder on the both of them. It was not right to place Bella so far above everyone else, and it is not right that she was never able to speak up.

Of course, I think I still want to smack Alice.

Thanks for the quick updates-Kate
dihenydd chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
Thank you so much the update was everything I could have hoped for. Their juvenile unconscious power struggle has messed them up.

I loved that Edward called her out on her victim stance and hope that she embraces her feelings, that could well be the most empowering thing she could do. I actually felt sorry for Edwards school time as he described it, he had alienated himself from everyone except Bella who he thought didn't want him. His description of their relationship actually makes absolute sense and even the events of NY Eve take on a new meaning. though his actions may not be forgiveable they are understandable.

As always the language is lush and visceral as they walked the beach I could feel and smell the tide and the rain. Edwards description of her as a present wrapped in red and what he wanted to do is so very sensual.

I wonder where they will go from here? It seems that Bella wants to move on without him and Edward feels they have cleared the air to resume their relationship.

We have a thread for you on Ravelry UU and would be ecstatic if you popped in.

Thank you for sharing.
Kyuketsuki In Oki chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
So beautiful. The images you created, the sensuality of the water, the sand - matched their moods perfectly. Push & pull; ebb & tide. As dark & twisted - beyond the "usual" brooding we're so used to - as I think this particular Edward is, I'm beginning to want one of my own... Just imagine how convenient that would be during sex!
loca37 chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
That was incredible. Just wonderful. Well Done.

This story just kills me.
edmom chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
that was great love hearing his twisted side of things
Cece86 chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
so freaking emotional o_o

I really liked how you made Edwards side not so typical. Like he was the ONLY one to blame, and how she was leading him on as preteens, and her coming to realize that it was true.

great chapter!
Alitrona chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
That was fantastic. I'm loving this story so much, the only problem is waiting for the next update :-) The part about the footprints in the sand was a great way to finish. Poor Edward, he was even more tormented than she was.
14,413 | « Prev Page 1 .. 895 902 903 904 905 906 907 908 915 .. Last Next »