Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
Miss Snazzy chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
That was amazing. This is one of my absolute favorite fanfics. I can't believe Alice felt that way. Wow.

I really cannot wait for the next chapter..please update soon.
Vanquish13 chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
1. GREAT chapter.

2. in some twisted logic i can understand why edward did what he did. but still that doesn't negate the fact it was wrong.

3. bella has become so much stronger when you compare her past to how she is now. i love angela for that.

4. hmm...where does this leave edward and bella? an impasse?
AzraCullen chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
OH

MY

GOD

a great chapter of monumental proportions.

Edwards die of the story gives me more pain than bellas- he loved her so much he jsut coudlnt contain it- and he still loves her but still has difficulty showing it, in fear of rejection from her as he always has felt i guess.

I wish she would let him in- she never really trely did that- she kept him inside- telling him was the best thing she could have done- she let him in and he let her in - tit for tat- but its more than that- they saw what the other wanted- each other.

I hope they come back together and stop repelling each other like magnets- they truely are meant to be.
Alotalittle chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
I love this story, I really do. So well written and rather magical with their special bond, there's something so touching about Edward. Don't know why, but Bella seems kinda an a*sshole to me, I mean, jeez, it was high school and she's not exactly forthright or blameless. But in any case, I'm seriously rooting for these two and hope it all comes up lemons soon! Thanks for a great story.
spinnifer chapter 11 . 7/17/2009
I am Jack's undying worship.
beegurl13 chapter 5 . 7/17/2009
Hm, so we see Carlisle and Esme... Nice job with them. And I like the connection that Bella and Edward share. It's interesting how he responds to her thoughts and she thinks nothing of it. I guess she would be used to it by now. But it's also interesting to see how he treats her because of her thoughts. There is a lot of jealousy there, yet double standards. I like it.

I think this line was my favorite this time. It's good and very plain. I think it describes Bella and Edward pretty well -

"...here was no right or wrong. This simply was."

Good Job! I can't wait to read more.
hit-the-duckies chapter 10 . 7/17/2009
k so i was going to do the thing where you copy and paste the best parts, but i figured youve already read this entire chapter, so...i didnt.

oh...but...wait...

_

Bella, in her red dress, curls and red lipstick, suddenly felt like they were all in wartime, closeted together to make the most of each other’s company and any pinch of luxury they could find. To live, and love, before the air raid sirens started.

_

that there. this might sound weird, but that- feeling like in a wartime- is what i feel like here. this tale is so very different, its like its in a different epoch or world. theres something almost fantastical about it. i dont know how to describe it, but it seems like an alternate universe. and i dont just mean because its not like canon twilight. i mean, the setting and events and everything are very other-worldly.

oh i cant wait for the next update.
hit-the-duckies chapter 9 . 7/16/2009
okay okay okay. edward is awkward. nervous. confused. whatever. i love it. i think bellas proving to be more of an obstacle in his get-out-of-my-way-ness than he anticipated. i think she can throw him off balance more now than she ever could before. go bella.

im surprised that he didnt leave a message for mike..thats what i expected.

oh you. this story blows me away so hard.
hit-the-duckies chapter 8 . 7/16/2009
gwefw234afJDKSLAlhgjkdsa-probably the best i can do right now. i thought coming back from vacation to three updates from this story would be the best thing ever, but i think its just going to make me incoherent, at least if the next two chapters are half as good as this one. i may have to actually wait before reading the other ones...let my brain recover. haha wow i feel like a suck up saying these things...

k. things i liked best:

-esme and her threads.

-bella and cursewards silent one-way convo in esmes room.

-rosalie (this should actually have been in my review of the last chapter. forgot to say it, but i loved rose and emmett)

-edward taking pictures of bella.

-edward being too connected and being numb

-edward not wearing cologne

-edward...

and ill just end this by telling you that i once got really drunk on rialto beach and my friends girlfriend puked on me there. good times.
22blue chapter 10 . 7/16/2009
Wonderfully written and so visual! Great, great job for your first fic. Already in love w/Edward, and yes, he's a prick, but can't help to feel for the guy -a little. Can't wait to read more.
Shamatt0403 chapter 10 . 7/16/2009
Wow - I love how he can read minds. I just love this story. It is heartbreaking that it is taking place in the last weeks of Esme's life but I just love the concept. I can't wait to hear Edward's side and can't wait for Bella to discover the pictures of herself on his computer.
beegurl13 chapter 4 . 7/16/2009
Super good! It's interesting, the way he reads her thoughts. That would drive me nuts! :D And I can't believe that his only motivation for having her pretend to be in love with him is Esme. I think there's more to it. I guess time will tell.

I loved this line -

"Edward laughed and hung up. He turned to Bella. 'I will promise no such thing.'"

I'm not sure just yet what to think about him. And I love that too. :)
beegurl13 chapter 3 . 7/16/2009
Goodness, this is intense. I love it! Nice job. I love the way you describe him and what he does to her. Very effective. I really liked these lines -

"He moved closer and she could smell leather, smoke, apples, steeling herself as she anticipated his next tactic. Sure enough, he lowered his face to hers, exhaled on her cheek, bathing her with his breath. He had been using this ace up his sleeve since they were sixteen."

Really good!
beegurl13 chapter 2 . 7/16/2009
Wow, this is really interesting. I like your take on the characters so far - it's different. I can't wait to see where you are going with this. Nice job, especially for a first fic. I'm impressed! And I like the 3rd person view, it works well.
Savannahh08 chapter 10 . 7/16/2009
wow powerful... i want to hear edwards perspective on that night updaTE soon
14,411 | « Prev Page 1 .. 897 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 917 .. Last Next »