Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
VixenNator chapter 3 . 7/15/2009
Dear goodness! A friend recommended this story and I'm so glad she did. Wow..your writing is really good! I like the selection of words you use and your plot line is so serious! I've not read of a more dark and twisted edward...it excites me!

You were right, reading it in third person is refreshing. I'm impressed, do keep it up!
OneNiteOnly chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Wow, even though I've just read the first chapter, I'm seriously impressed by it.

You write so eloquently and your grammar is impecable...you don't find that here on FF much, keep it up!

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the story..
Miss Stanley chapter 3 . 7/15/2009
This is a really good story. The writing is amazing! You could seriously write a book, because this is one of the best things I've read. I don't just mean fanfiction either. I mean this is one of the best things I've read EVER! Great job.

You capture the emotions perfectly. And I can just see it so well. Very good. I'm so jelous right now.
SweetDulcinea chapter 10 . 7/14/2009
Devastating.

I have no other words, though I have 2 points of speculation about his side and therefore look forward to reading it very much. I fear it will be painful, but necessary.

I am truly sorry I missed you on the Indies. I would have added you to my votes happily. Hopefully I'll have the opportunity on the next round!
SweetDulcinea chapter 9 . 7/14/2009
So many misunderstandings...I look forward to seeing how they clear them up.

While it is a thought from previous chapters, I really like the way they silently comfort one another, even in the midst of their angsty-ness. For him, eating dinner w/ Carlisle. For her, the embrace as Esme spoke of Renee. That idea punctuates your title quite well.
SweetDulcinea chapter 8 . 7/14/2009
Oddly enough, through all of that, Carlisle quiet moments reverberate in me. It's as if his pain is so great he's speechless. I don't believe he's so accepting of his wife's deterioration, but each character is quietly revealing their own coping mechanisms. I'm also fascinated with Edward's messy bedroom and the way it seems to reflect his state of mind at this complicated time.
SweetDulcinea chapter 7 . 7/14/2009
I liked the juxtaposition of the male & female conversations. Emmett and Rose are both quite insightful, and it's nice to hear some new voices...to get a different perspective. There's still so much to figure out about these two.
Maliha R Pattinson chapter 10 . 7/14/2009
please please please please please please please please please please update! lol srry i just love ur story, i need more like right now!
SweetDulcinea chapter 6 . 7/14/2009
Oh Emmett time. I'm excited ) I'm unbelievably interested in knowing what happened earlier that New Years Eve. There is some significant story they aren't revealing yet, isn't there? And through it all, even when he's hurting, brooding or joking, he's arrogant. A defense mechanism? Does it come back around to the earlier thoughts of all the Edwardians...he always came back to her. Could either of them ever understand why?
jackiejones chapter 5 . 7/14/2009
Ugh! So good! I'm swooning but at the same time want Bella to be strong enough to kick his ass. Great chapter!
SweetDulcinea chapter 5 . 7/14/2009
The encounter with Esme was heartbreaking and a bit overwhelming. I could feel her warring emotions - the heartbreak of someone slipping away right before her eyes, while the man she seems to love and hate in equal parts simultaneously comforts and tortures her. And the intimate moment was powerful. Again, the feeling the she owns him as he owns her...twisted on both ends.
jackiejones chapter 4 . 7/14/2009
A nice development to make Michael dismissive and insensitive - he's a much better "Edgar Linton" than Jake, in my opinion. Not that Edgar was either of those two things, but there's a sense in which I don't really want Bella with either of them, which resonates from Bronte's novel much better than Eclipse managed to do. Nice work!
SweetDulcinea chapter 4 . 7/14/2009
Their bond is captivating. It's obvious he holds a power over her far stronger than just his ability to read her thoughts, but I wonder if her hold over him is even stronger. Perhaps gripping him w/ fear of how vulnerable can make him. It would seem to fit with his last few sentiments in this chapter...and the way he constantly does things that hurt her. He pushes her away, and then wants her back instantly. Intriguing...
jackiejones chapter 3 . 7/14/2009
Okay - scooted over here after a bunch of ladies at the Gazebo all voted that they were crossing their fingers for a quick update on this fic - and I can see what they're raving about. This Heathcliff-esque Edward is dark and alluring. I'm very intrigued to see where you're headed. Oh, and I love the poetic style of your narrative voice. It's very well done!
SweetDulcinea chapter 3 . 7/14/2009
He's so scary...in a deliciously intimidating sexy way. It makes it insanely difficult to determine whether he'll be a villain or some brooding, would-be hero. Beautiful imagery throughout all of it.
14,391 | « Prev Page 1 .. 898 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 918 .. Last Next »