Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
Robicorn chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
Love reading this. Great story! I will def go vote. Thanks for sharing it!
lonewolfskid chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
Did he really not know. Teen years are such a process. Growing into your own skin. Trying to bend someone to your will, your other half. All the while bending yourself. Painful. Two opposing personalities. Perhaps things can move forward now that he does know, without doubt, how their relationship has been. Oh, and Alice is an asshole. That is all.
dihenydd chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
I pride myself on writing reasonably adult reviews, I have only resorted to 'update soon' on one occasion previously but I am doing it now. I am desperate to hear EPOV on this.

I can understand the inclination to hate on Edward at this point for the way he has manipulated, tortured and twisted Bella to the point that she was (and still is in some ways)an emotional cripple. However while Bella has the ability (though she rarely wants to use it) of making Edward understand the true extent to which he has hurt her, she may never understand Edward's complex and obsessive emotions towards her.

We are seeing this through Bella's eyes and she does have some responsibility in her own development which she doesn't seem to be acknowledging. She always perceived herself as a victim and therefore became one. In truth though she had a lot of power if she only knew how to wield it. Love is about power. If someone loves you they are to an extent in your power, which is why love requires trust. The easiest way to experience your power (and therefore prove you are loved)is to hurt the beloved. You can only really hurt them if they love you. I wonder, therefore, if some of Edward's behaviour is to prove to himself that she actually does love him since she refuses to tell him so (believing that would give him more power over her when in reality he already had it).

She had been daydreaming and plotting about hurting him as he hurt her but it would only work if he loved her (in the way she refuses to believe he does). It follows then that although she may not consciously acknowledge it she knows that he does love her and that she can hurt him.

I haven't explained that very well does it make sense? That is the way I see it anyway. It is going to be very interesting to hear EPOV, I suspect it will not be what Bella is expecting. I wonder how honest he will be and if she will believe him. I want to see her reaction. They have both damaged each other possibly beyond hope of reparation.

Everything about this story draws me in; the plot, the characters, the writing. I am spellbound. Thank you so much for putting in the work on this and sharing with us.
WhatsMyNomDePlume chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
what is it about this twisted, evil edward you write that still has me under his spell?

the new years episode is heartbreaking but almost wonderful in that bella finally broke away. can't wait for edward's side, these frequent updates have been awesome!
niqha chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
So...that was what happened back then..

Very good chapter..an important one! Though I didn't really like that Alice had done that..but that's just 'cause I love Alice! But well, we can't really blame her can we? I mean, she thought Bella felt nothing for Edward, and she did ask...but well, she shouldn't have done it...

So, next question is...what was Edward's intention that night? What did happened in is point of view? I'll have to wait to know the answer...

So...UPDATE! As soon as possible of course :P

You're awesome, did I tell you that already? Well, it doesn't hurt to repeat...and to prove my devotion for this story I'm going to vote for it in the Indie Twifics! It will only take a minute.. :)

Love,

niqha*
spellboundagain chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
Oh! Such a good chapter! Just love the character development, the layers of every character. I'm biased, but I realy trust that Edward is trying to do the right thing and that Bella has much more power over him than she realizes. Can't wait to hear Edward's version of the story!

Great, just great... :)
vlo1125 chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
god this chapter was heartbreaking! i so glad she showed hime everything,how fucking awful was New Years Eve? jesus!

"
mad4hugh chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
Well that was GREAT! So much more than I expected: truly insightful and moving! Your writing of this chapter was incredible effective: I found myself feeling the anxiety, excitement and joy that Bella felt as she prepared for the party and waited for Edward. Then when she found them, there was the sick feeling of disappointment and dread for her as she made her escape.

It wasn't just the strong and sad memory of the New Years party, but Bella courage to turn the tables on Edward and reveal all the raw emotions, memories and feelings was quite powerful. It could be the thing to either truly get through to him, to give him the courage to choose to love and cherish Bella (which is what I think he really wants deep down)...OR it could make him retreat more into himself and just feed that sense of self-loathing he harbors.

Can't wait for 'his side' of the story!
sorrowfloats44 chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
Haunting and totally beautiful - I should not have read that before work, you made me cry! The run through the field and back to her house, Charlie taking up his gun, and her wishing she could vanish... ah, sadness! I had wondered if he only "heard" what he was looking for in other peoples thoughts, or if he got everything - guess her little "slide show" of the past answers that! Great work!
susayq chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
Woah. Edward really has done a number on her, hasn't he? I can't wait to hear his side of things to see how he could possibly explain New Years Eve and the Alice fiasco.

thanks for writing!

~Susan
Robicorn chapter 9 . 7/10/2009
I know you already updated but I can't wait to read the next chapter! That was a quick update! Thank God!
rockgirl2011 chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
Great chapter! Her story was written really good. Poor Bella. Yea, Edward can be an asshole. Atleast Bella finally showed him how she felt that night. plz UPDATE!
JennSixx chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
I am really looking forward to reading Edward's side of this. But first, just wow! This chap was so strong it was physically painful. I was experiencing Bella's lack of self, her hopelessness, then her hopefulness, and finally her total despair as she "told" Edward her story. Your writing just reaches right out and grabs the reader's soul. In the shower, where she watched her dreams go down the drain with her perfume & lipstick... my heart broke right there. It's sad, but fitting that she feels no victory or satisfaction in finally letting Edward into this memory.
harley328 chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
So beautifully written, and very emotional. Dayum, I feel like giving Edward a kick in the backside, mkay? Can I borrow him for a few days? I totally voted for you in the Indie Twifics so I guess I'm allowed to smack some sense into him with that studded belt of his? Aye, that should do it.

I don't need to say it, but I know you want to hear it:

I EFFIN' LOVE YOUR STORY.

Thanks, bye.
ClancyJane chapter 10 . 7/10/2009
i'm glad it hurt him what she had to 'say' i cant imagine what excuse he could have to justify his assholic behavior...

I love her throwing in her first time with Mike and 'saying' how she knew her secrets were safe under his touch.

oh and Asslice *oops, sorry alice* what a HO ! i hope by now she has caught some communicable disease and itches like hell *i'm a nice person really* **truly i am** : D

Bec