Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
InsaneGrizzlies chapter 5 . 7/8/2009
I must say, this Edward is frightening and amusing, and I am not quite sure what to make of him.

But the story is amazingly good, and that last line made me crack up.

I'm off to read the rest!
Timmer chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Loved it as usual Sally -great work !

Fav bits: "He suddenly became excruciatingly aware that all the lyrics seemed laden with meaning and subliminal messages, all words of pleading and misunderstandings and need, and he changed tracks compulsively, barraging them with shards of music. He didn’t want her to think he was giving her messages through song. That would be just too fucking pathetic".

I think Bella's hopelessness was really well conveyed in this chapter: "He fantasized about pulling the car over, taking her face in his hands, making her eyes flash, her pulse spike. He imagined rubbing his lips over her cheekbones, and licking at her honeyed mouth. Sucking on her fingertips, rolling the sensitive pads against his tongue, scraping his teeth against her nails. Anything to just relight the spark inside her. Frustration blasted through him, and he clamped it down, gripping the steering wheel like a life preserver".

And of course Heathcliffward is aware of it:"He cast a look at her, and was dismayed to see how hopeless her expression was as she gazed unseeing out into the forest.

"With each twist in the road, Bella and Edward leaned together, then away from each other". Kind of parallels their relationship!

"He was wrenching the car around each bend as though he was fighting with it, like it was an out of control horse. Occasionally, he wrapped his long fingers around the stick shift and kicked at the clutch, as though trying to make the car submit". Great imagery !

Heathcliffward seems to be making an effort in this chapter and I'm loving that:

”I would know exactly what to do with you. I’ve had so many years to think it over.”

"For once, Edward told the truth straight away".

“Make me understand then,” he offered rashly.

“If that’s what it takes, you can scream at me. You can tell me all the awful things that I’ve done. We won’t leave this beach until I understand, and you feel better.” He paused. “And you can tell me why you went away.”

And my absolute fav:“I’d suck on you, until you dissolved.” Woah *drops dead* from the sexiness of that remark !You know I did almost choke on skittles while reading that bit- LOL!

Can't wait for his reaction to all her pain !
brighterthansunshine28 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I started reading this today based on a rec in the gazebo.

The opening two chapters had me really confused, but I persevered and am really glad that I did! Edward is so emotionally abusive that my heart aches for Bella...I love that even though it's AH that he retained his ability to mind read...and I love that he's turned it into a weapon of control against Bella and his family, but mainly Bella.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this progress. I hope updates are quick because I'm not sure I can wait a long time waiting!
Lovin-the-Handsome-Hobo chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Oh, Boy. Shit storm at the beach. Either making him really open his eyes and see how he's always been all kinds of screwy with her. Or make him more SCREWY! Arg. I feel for the girl.
ohlneeme chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
i love prolonging the pleasure! i saved this update ALL day. saving and waiting, i do this all the time with things i love. very much looking forward to the next chapter. aside from this great story- this is a really great line, really struck me:

"It was as if this beach was where the sea stored its surplus."

LittleLea05 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I heard of this story from a few people who loved it and decided to give it a try only to find out that I am now addicted to yet another story..cant wait to see what happens next...
slapmeonthepatio chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
For fanfic, this is an awfully guilt-LESS pleasure. Normally I'm pretty surreptitious and sneaky when I read 'my stories' as I call them (as in 'momma's reading her stories' - I'm not a mother, but you get the idea), but with yours I can hold my head up high. You know, I'd actually pay for this if I saw it in a bookshop? And yes, you have my vote! x thanks for sharing your awesome erudite wordsmithery...
Raewright chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Why is Edward so awful when the rest of his family is warm and kind? Why did they tolerate his selfishness? Did his "gift" doom him?
headre7 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Gah, now you get Edward a sucker! M. And the whole I'd suck on you until you dissolved...I think that's one of the things Bella's afraid of. I'm so glad she's showing him that night. I was afraid she didn't want him to see how he hurt her, but he deserves to see it through her. I hope he at least feels guilty, truly guilty and not pretending. I think we saw a softer side of Edward here. He's always so conscious of Bella and she constantly consumes his thoughts. That's got to mean something, right?
guppyloveshoes chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
aw i wanna know what happens! hurry and update! i love this story!
misskittyj80 chapter 5 . 7/8/2009
Because I was a selfish reader until chapter 7 and didn't stop to review so I could catch up, I wanted to come back and tell you that this is my favorite chapter. There is something about creepy, domineering Edward saying “It’s delicious.” that makes me tingly. I've reread this one several times.

I cannot wait for you to write a lemon, I have a feeling it will be fabulous.
misskittyj80 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
“I’d suck on you, until you dissolved.”

Wow, so many meanings there, huh? I've said it before but I love this story! Edward is frustrating and defiant but oh, so domineering and hot. Poor Bella, he is so hard to resist. Can't wait for to vote.

-Miss Kitty
Heathyh chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Keep up the great work!
NightsofTamara chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
'His voice was soft. “I know I was really difficult to live with when we were growing up. How could I not know that? But you’ve always known how to handle me.”

He cast a look at her, and was dismayed to see how hopeless her expression was as she gazed unseeing out into the forest.'

This was my favorite part. Edward in the car reminded me a bit of a little kid trying to get someone's attention (for good or for bad). I wonder how much of his behavior over the years has that at its source.
jantanamo chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Yay! I was so happy to see that you updated early, though it also saddens me to know that the wait for the next chapter is even longer now. Lol, I'm just never pleased when it comes to update arrivals, I simply want it all, and now! :)

I can't help but be so much more sensitive to the usage of touch in this story. Since Edward uses it as a method to manipulate Bella, it's so striking to see when he's affected by her innocent touches on Carlisle's face. The contrast is so strong that even he feels tingles from this demonstration of tenderness. If only he could learn from this and use his touch to support instead of imprison.

Still, it's always such a treat to see how Bella affects Edward. We are normally so immersed in Bella's thoughts that I can't help but devour every mention of Edward's perceptions. His view of Bella seems so different from the one that you present to us. I imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I apologize now, for the rest of the review is just a bunch of verbal diarrhea...

This is just so Psychoticward: "The drums reminded him of gunshots, soothing his suddenly frayed nerves." I love that the sound of gunshots is soothing for him. The man really lives for his strife, doesn't he.

I also really liked this description: "Her eyes were mirrors." I can't help but be reminded of the the last chapter's ending scene, where Edward was endlessly searching his photos for a particular look in Bella's eyes. I know you love leaving it up to us readers to interpret, so here are my thoughts on it...this makes me think that Edward couldn't find the frame because he doesn't know what he's looking for, because he doesn't see or recognize it within himself. But I really love how fascinated he is about her eyes, windows to the soul and all. It's always such a mystery to him, even though he can see/read/hear her every thought whenever he wants. It just shows that despite his complete access to her, he really doesn't understand her essence. I can't help but think that if Bella knew this, she'd realize the true power she has over him. Gives me shivers.

Argh, I found myself so frustrated with Edward when he said this: “I know I was really difficult to live with when we were growing up. How could I not know that? But you’ve always known how to handle me.” So selfish! As if her ability to handle him was enough of a justification for treating Bella like crap. He doesn't even consider the true impact this has had on her. Hopefully he'll learn the error of his ways with their upcoming 'conversation'.

However, I did like this line because of what was left unspoken: "...We won’t leave this beach until I understand, and you feel better.” He paused. “And you can tell me why you went away.” Every time I read this, I imagine he also says "So that you won't go away again" and it makes me melt. I am just so easy for your Edward ;) But it also makes me wonder if he's taking all these pictures in anticipation of losing her again.

Ooh, I thought this line was interesting: 'He continually robbed her of any chance at total honesty.' S'funny, because his mind-reading forces her to be completely, and unwillingly, transparent and honest with Edward, though she doesn't seem to include that in the idea of 'total honesty'. I just thought it was an interesting point.

I'm done now, I promise. Sorry for the incoherent stream of consciousness! Your amazing words continue to make a complete jumble of mine :)
14,347 | « Prev Page 1 .. 911 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 931 .. Last Next »