Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
allismiles chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
This author has been able to completely engage, enrapt and enthrall me with this story. I feel like I am riding a wave while reading.
Wastintime chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
You are so gifted. Every word of this story just makes me want more. Your descriptions are awesome. Please update soon.
Trouble08 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Gawd sister, I love this story so much.

Deep down inside I just want Bella to tie him to a chair and punish him **drool** for all the times he treated her badly. Can we get to that chapter soon?
Feisty Y. Beden chapter 2 . 7/8/2009
This is fucktabulous-an interesting premise, and really wonderfully visual, vivid writing. I can't wait to read more. Off to catch up!
LskNH chapter 4 . 7/8/2009
Good story
vlo1125 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
sigh, i loved this chapter so so much! i wanted cry at so many points, i just feel so bad for bella. and Edward seems like hes actually starting to care! so he is still safe from me kicking his balls!
ebatcl chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Yay! Another chap, and it's not Friday yet :-D. Thank you, Sally! As usual, the chap was great! And Edward rubbing the lollipop on his lips? HAWT! God, what I wouldn't do to be able to suck Curseward's lollipop flavored lips ;). Anyways, looking forward to next chap. As much as I love Darkward, I hope he suffers a little while Bella recounts her heart-breaking story.
mad4hugh chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Wow. Edward is really such a conflicted and confused character. Bella's assessment that “Even if you got me, you wouldn’t have the first clue what to do with me.” is so true. The 'blessings' he's received in life (his beauty, his art, his ability to read Bella's mind) made him lazy in a way, he's never really had to 'work' for much - so he really doesn't know how to have a real relationship with Bella or anyone (I think back to Esme's observation in the earlier chapter, where the family is together but Edward is always separate - on the fringe of things but not engaged).

I think he truly craves and yearns for that connection with Bella but doesn't know how to go about getting and doing it. I really look forward to the next chapter - not only to understand about 'that fateful night', but in hopes that it will somehow get to him and enable him to open up to her truly without his manipulative machinations. I think at his core, he feels lonely, vulnerable, emotionally starving - his manipulations are his means of self-protection since he is so vulnerable.

I do hope you have him open up to her about what he experiences on these photo assignments in wartorn places, etc. I think that is part of the key of him truly connecting with Bella, since he would be exposing that vulnerability to her.

Ah, or they'll just have great sexy times! I realize my musing above are 'deep' and need to lighten up a bit! heh, heh Well, I can;t wait for more!
spellboundagain chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Yay! Thank you for the early update! I'm hoping that since you ended kind of at a cliffie, you have the next chapter ready to go (Maybe?)

Again, so much going on between these two with neither of them really understanding the other person. Can't wait to see them try to actually share and communicate, then of course, can't WAIT to see Edward claim her as his (Please!)
kmm122 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I really loved this chapter!
stupidlamb79 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
You are rather mean! Thats ok though, i will go vote now. Thanks for the update, it was great. Cant wait to find out what happened.
Sunfeathers chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Gosh, your writing is just SO fantastic! I read this chapter as slowly as possible (restraining myself from the urge to see what happens next) simply to savor your words. The mood you set is palpable and tense and riddled with suggestion. Suggestion of feelings, urges, past hurts and desires. As much as I want them to have it out, I'm afraid for it too. Edward is odd and insensitive (downright mean sometimes) and yet I DO want him to be right for her. I want her to be able to trust him - I want him to be worthy of that trust. I have no idea how that's going to happen - they seem to have so many miles to go from here to there. Enjoying the journey though - and can't wait for more. :)
Bluenoserbaby chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Thanks for the update.
Kyuketsuki In Oki chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Oh, this story... so, um, haunting? No, that's not the right word. Creepy? Maybe. Nah, not creepy either.

Well, whatever the word, I'm totally hooked. I can't wait until the whacked-out inner workings of Edward's mind are revealed.

I do think it's kinda weird that Emmett (and therefore, I would presume, most - if all not all - others) is not positive whether or not Edward can read his mind. And Edward seemed surprised that his "secret" was out, to anyone, at all.

I've put this story on alert now, so I'll know every time you grace us with more of Edward's possessive story.
teleshawna chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I am not a reviewer generally. I spend hours neglecting my family in silence only reviewing in rare instances. I was drawn into this fanfic world also by Wide Awake and I have been searching for another story that even came close to how amazing Wide Awake is and now I have finally found it.

I love this beautiful story. I love your characters. I love that they are so different than so many stories out there. I love all the ways you remind me that you are from Australia in how you right this story.

Quickly into my fanfic life I had to make a decision...for my family and the sake of my sanity I do not allow myself to read anything that is incomplete. I have too many stories waiting for post that it tortures me daily, not to mention the current torture that angstgoddess003 is putting me through. :)

I couldn't help myself though, this story was being reced by very reliable sources on the review threads over at Wide Awake. I trusted those crazt ladies over there and they did not disappoint. This story is amazing. You totally own me. Thank you!
14,347 | « Prev Page 1 .. 915 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 935 .. Last Next »