Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
jac cullen chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
i think i may be about as addicted as edward! lol

very good darkward there
niqha chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Have I said you're awesome yet? Yes? Well, pitty.. You're awesome, you're awesome, you're awesome... xD

I love this story! Can't wait to see how Edward acts during the date!

So yeah, this means..update as soon as possible!

Love,

niqha*
Booklover00 chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
This chapter is really good its nice to get to understand Edward a little more and about his job and Bella relationship with Micheal. I hope that you update soon I'm really looking forward to it.
Scintillate.Sempiternal chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
This story is just amazing. I think there is still a lot to unfold with this Edward. He is so complex. You know he loves Bella in a way that I don't think he can even define in his own mind. Bella is fighting and so scared of what is lurking deep inside of her mind. I think she knows she is connected with Edward in almost an unhealthy way, but yet I think he is what she needs for her to be complete and at peace. BTW, this Edward owns me for some reason. I can just picture him in my mind. I can hardly wait to see what you have in store for the next chapter!
Ori1 chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Edward has every picture he has ever taken of her on his laptop doesn't he?

A fantastic chapter that was well worth the wait. I like the insight into the Cullen family dynamics and also the insight into Bella's relationship with Michael. It seems to me that Bella likes Mike because he is in no way the threat to her composure that Edward is. Which is not really the basis of a relationship.

Edward is so unsure of himself, instead of the control god that Bella sees him as.

I look forward to the next chapter.
cheza90 chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
aww lovely chapter!
mybel chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Found this story through the Wide Awake reviews on LJ, and I have to say that the prologue alone is enough to keep me going.

I can smell a Darkward for miles! HA!
lonewolfskid chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
dude, I want the jiggle.

As always, well painted words. Was Edward always in love with her? Is it that he's grown enough to finally show it or that he always did and she can't see it? Or that she refuses to? Perhaps the distance has made some difference. I enjoy the puzzle that is this story. The characters are well defined. Though, figuring them out is, much like actual people, difficult. I look forward to your updates.
ebatcl chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Wonderful chap, I loved it :-D. God, but this story is makin me crazy. I can't seem to stop wanting more :-D.
jantanamo chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Gah, your descriptions are incredible! The very first sentence grabbed me: 'The weather was trying to claw its way inside.'. This description of Bella: '..bleached with exhaustion in the pearlescent light'. Oh, and this: 'His room throbbed like a heartbeat, all night.' You always do such an amazing job of drawing these visuals. Just like a living, breathing painting. Gorgeous.

Esme's perspective was heartrending. 'Esme lovingly memorized the curve of her cheek, her youth, her colours. Trying to imprint them on her soul somehow. To have something to take to Renee.' had me nearly tearing up. And the whole concept of everyone being tied down by threads was beautiful. At first I giggled when she called Edward a gentleman, wondering if Esme knew him at all. But when she noted how Bella brought him back into the group, that she was his thread, I realized that nobody knows him better. Oh Esme, I'm afraid for her loss and for what it will do to everyone.

I hate Michael (I like that he's a Michael and not a Mike). Even if there wasn't an Edward, I would still dislike this Michael. He doesn't see Bella, at all. And I think Edward is only starting to now - I love the photo session at the end.

Speaking of the photo session, I really loved what Edward said:

'“I’m connected,” he eventually said. “Too connected.” / He looked out the window. “But at the same time, it doesn’t touch me. I’m numb from some things.”' He understands his relationship with Bella and is in denial all at the same time. And I love the usage of the word 'touch' here, considering the context of his ability. He can touch and read everyone, but he doesn't let anyone in. As intrusive as Edward chooses to be, he's kept himself so closed off. Photography really is the perfect occupation for him, as it's like another manifestation of his mind-reading.

I normally devour updates from my favourite stories, but for this one I found myself reading so slowly, just trying to savour every word. I didn't want it to end. Seriously, I can't help but gush with every review, I love this story so much. It's so complex and elegant and subtle. I hate that the chapter's over and that I have to wait until next week for another one. Is there any way I could convince/bribe you to give up your day job, freeing you to write all day long instead? :)
elfinchakie chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Another amazing chapter, I can't get over the beauty of your writing surrounding Esme. It's sad but oddly comforting.

Edward is as creepy hot as ever but I saw something different in him in this chapter and am looking forward to seeing if that softness in him continues.

I'm excited about the next chapter, i want to see what they're like together outside 'The Cullen Dimension'

I love this story!
jedigirlsc chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Wow, a really great chapter, so well written and thought out. The descriptions of everything really paint a vivid picture in your mind...real talent!

Looks like Edward is mellowing a teeny bit, maybe they can actually work things out ? Looking forward to the next chapter.
In-love-with-a-vamp chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
It was awsome I love this Edward it's so romantic got I love Edward. .plz update soon.
LindyP chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
I am so glad I found your story because it is really fantastic! I love the way you write! Edward really hides himself behind this facade, almost as if he feels no one would love the "real" Edward. He is so obviously totally obsessed & smitten with bella, even if she does not recognize it. I am looking forward to your next chapter!

LindyP :)
janneyt chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
This is a wonderful story, I want to kiss and smack Edward all at the same time. Your writing is divine, thanks for dreaming this up for us!
14,208 | « Prev Page 1 .. 917 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 937 .. Last Next »