Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
susayq chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
So I'm wondering, after she pours her heart out to Edward, will he realize and regret his behavior? how will she know if he's being honest if he does?

When you said, "For the first time in years, it was she who held out her hand, and for the first time he took it reluctantly." it showed a turning point in their relationship. Maybe things will work out for them :)

thanks for updating!

~Susan
dihenydd chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I was seriously disgruntled when I got all caught up. Part of me wishes I hadn't found this story until it was completed I just want to put life on hold and carry on reading.

Strangely while I started out seeing Bella as a victim and Edward holding all the power I am now beginning to wonder if it is the other way around. The difference being that Edward knows how to wield power and Bella doesn't. God help him when she figures it out.

This gift of Edwards has dictated her life but mainly because she views herself as a victim. It was interesting realising that she hadn't told Angela about it and the reasons why. It all makes absolute sense. I can imagine from her professional viewpoint she would come up with all sorts of 'logical' explanations whereas Emmett who came to the conclusion through observation just accepts it.

I wonder if Bella could read Edward the same way if she allowed herself to?

I await the next update with bated breath (no pressure there). thank you for sharing.
ElodieFoster chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Just great! Love your Edward! I want to re-read the story with every new chapter :D and I recommend it everywhere I can. So, are you updating regularly two times a week now? :)
Dopeshieet chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
awesome story. love it
ja6108 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I can't wait to find out what "that awful night" was about. Hurry, hurry!
harley328 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Oh, Edward. You so damn fine. You so skilled with that piece of camera, you so sexy with them Raybans and so black and yummy with that lollipop, I could eat you.

As always, I need time to recover after reading your chapters. Too. Damn. Good. Your ability to write astounds me.

I'm going to pull over to the side of the road with Edward now, for as long as it takes. Buh-bye.
Ash Heather chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Nice...i wish edward would stop being an ass, then i think i love him this way :)...cool story...
TLammy chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Ah man, I wanted to complain about the cliffhanger but then I realized it's only Wed and you normally post on Friday so THANK YOU! Of course I'm dying to know what Bella is finally sharing with him and how he reacts. Interesting that he called both Angela and Michael. Would love to know what he said to Angela's voice mail. Thanks again for the update!
pippynz chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
yikes, i'm on the edge of my seat! Cant wait to hear what comes next. Please hurry.
dihenydd chapter 8 . 7/8/2009
This dance that they are engaged in is endlessly fascinating. Edward's obsession oscillating from endearing to scary. There is a certain fatalistic quality that leaves me wondering if this will end with them together or whether she will escape from his sphere of influence. At this point I am not even sure which I would prefer.

The language you use is thick with sensuality so that even the weather becomes a prominent player.

Thank you for sharing.
LindyP chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I love this story & the way you write! I am so curious as to what the catalyst was to make Bella finally leave! Looking forward to your next post!

LindyP :)
paola2208 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
This chapter was amazing. Your writing is beatiful and reading the beach scene feels like I'm there walking with them.
TwilightVicki chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I love how Bella seems more in charge here, and Edward seems to be the one squirming. He needs (is obsessed with/ is so possessive of) her and she isn't making it easy for him in this chapter. Go Bella! Great chapter.
mallmouse chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Hm, I thought I posted a lengthy review right after this chapter was posted, but apparently sth happened. Let’s see if I can recall what I wrote (and pray I didn’t say anything that will be the opposite of what I’ll say now. You never know if any of Angela’s colleagues are lurking here)

First of all I said I was was really thankful for the early update (which was so needed after chapter 7) and then, knowing me, I must have bitched about the way the chapter ended. Also, I was surprised to see Bella standing up for herself (silently and then openly), until of course the flashback to Angela’s phonecall. I’m glad she found out Edward tried to call Mike. She had the right to know. Also, we had every right to indulge in the hotness of Edward Caveward again, though even I admit that his snorting in delight at Bella’s accusation that he’d try to break them up was kinda annoying.

I feel sorry (again) for Bella because she seems to have taken it for granted that she’s just a game to Edward, who just wants to possess her and is not interested in anything more serious or long-term with her. His verbal and physical response to the “you wouldn’t know what to do with me” may have been a typical man’s (i.e. sexist pig’s) response, but, damn it, I can’t deny that it was hot. Even those little references, you write them so well, and it’s still just sexual *tension*!

Evidently, Bella’s been so affected by his past behavior, that she agreed to marry sb like Michael, who may offer her something more stable but it’s very obvious that he doesn’t cater to her emotional and physical needs . God, don’t let Edward find out about that latter part. Or, rather, do! It’d be so fascinating to see him realize what was going on before these last three months and get all caveman like again at her memories of it hihi. Ugh, I can’t wait for Mickey and Eddie to meet. That would be one of the most epic moments in Twi-ficstory.

And lastly, I think I ended my review by saying I was surprised she didn’t start by saying out loud (;) how negatively his extreme behavior has affected her. Yes, I have been reading (and re-reading) this story while actually paying attention to it and not to the thousand other things I have to do, but still, I expected that her discussions and the advice she got from Angela would make it easier for her to express her feelings in words. Or maybe it’s because I’m such a messed up person I can’t really imagine forming coherent thoughts on sth important for people to read my mind and make some sense (any kind of sense) out of it. But then again she started with that particular Alice incident (which I so hope was fake; I’m still not over Jandco’s E/A from the great but highly disturbing TTAB), which should make him see how hurt she got and why she realized she should finally find the guts to stay away from him. And then the unthinkable happened and there was nothing more to read bwuhuhuhuhu (me crying)
Vanquish13 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
1. i can just imagine a young esme and carlisle. D

2. i wonder what'll come of this talk.

3. yes bella cast your mind back to that night when edward betrayed you. make him suffer! lol. he does deserve it though.

4. great chapter.