Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
TwilightVicki chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I love how Bella seems more in charge here, and Edward seems to be the one squirming. He needs (is obsessed with/ is so possessive of) her and she isn't making it easy for him in this chapter. Go Bella! Great chapter.
mallmouse chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Hm, I thought I posted a lengthy review right after this chapter was posted, but apparently sth happened. Let’s see if I can recall what I wrote (and pray I didn’t say anything that will be the opposite of what I’ll say now. You never know if any of Angela’s colleagues are lurking here)

First of all I said I was was really thankful for the early update (which was so needed after chapter 7) and then, knowing me, I must have bitched about the way the chapter ended. Also, I was surprised to see Bella standing up for herself (silently and then openly), until of course the flashback to Angela’s phonecall. I’m glad she found out Edward tried to call Mike. She had the right to know. Also, we had every right to indulge in the hotness of Edward Caveward again, though even I admit that his snorting in delight at Bella’s accusation that he’d try to break them up was kinda annoying.

I feel sorry (again) for Bella because she seems to have taken it for granted that she’s just a game to Edward, who just wants to possess her and is not interested in anything more serious or long-term with her. His verbal and physical response to the “you wouldn’t know what to do with me” may have been a typical man’s (i.e. sexist pig’s) response, but, damn it, I can’t deny that it was hot. Even those little references, you write them so well, and it’s still just sexual *tension*!

Evidently, Bella’s been so affected by his past behavior, that she agreed to marry sb like Michael, who may offer her something more stable but it’s very obvious that he doesn’t cater to her emotional and physical needs . God, don’t let Edward find out about that latter part. Or, rather, do! It’d be so fascinating to see him realize what was going on before these last three months and get all caveman like again at her memories of it hihi. Ugh, I can’t wait for Mickey and Eddie to meet. That would be one of the most epic moments in Twi-ficstory.

And lastly, I think I ended my review by saying I was surprised she didn’t start by saying out loud (;) how negatively his extreme behavior has affected her. Yes, I have been reading (and re-reading) this story while actually paying attention to it and not to the thousand other things I have to do, but still, I expected that her discussions and the advice she got from Angela would make it easier for her to express her feelings in words. Or maybe it’s because I’m such a messed up person I can’t really imagine forming coherent thoughts on sth important for people to read my mind and make some sense (any kind of sense) out of it. But then again she started with that particular Alice incident (which I so hope was fake; I’m still not over Jandco’s E/A from the great but highly disturbing TTAB), which should make him see how hurt she got and why she realized she should finally find the guts to stay away from him. And then the unthinkable happened and there was nothing more to read bwuhuhuhuhu (me crying)
Vanquish13 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
1. i can just imagine a young esme and carlisle. D

2. i wonder what'll come of this talk.

3. yes bella cast your mind back to that night when edward betrayed you. make him suffer! lol. he does deserve it though.

4. great chapter.
Delandora chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
OMG I was so happy to see an update this early in the week. It was a great chapter. But I'm not gonna lie, what a cliff hanger lol. I Hope you update with a new chapter soon. I don't know if I can take a week without him knowing her soul. I hope she tells him everything in their 'hand conversation' and I hope they find each other soon. It's driving me nuts lol. Keep up the good work.
Mamma4ever chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I am totally and unhealthily addicted to Controlward. We have discussed how sadistic it is and none of us can figure what the deal is. I love this story and get so giddy when I see an update! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Nolebucgrl chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Cliffhanger! I am so looking forward to the next chapter, I want to know more!
dihenydd chapter 7 . 7/8/2009
FRAK! You just seriously cranked up the heat (and the tension). That phone sex scene was unlike any I have read, and I loved how it ended and the comparison to the ending in her shower. The UST is off the scale, I almost don't want them to get together as the anticipation is so deliciously tortuous. As to anyone telling you to soften Edward up - don't listen.

It is fascinating that they can have such a close (though exploitative) connection and misunderstand each other so completely.

Whatever you are doing keep doing it, you have my undivided attention.

I am doing some serious pimpage of this story so hopefully the readership will start rising. Ravelry refreshes the parts other forums cannot reach.

Thank you.
One with the Wind chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Cliffhanger, huh? Nice. I loved the chapter. Thanks for the quick update.
ebonyjorgieriggs chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
OMG! Excellent chapter...I'm dieing for the next one! I can't wait to see what happends! I want to know what Edward is thinking when she offered him her hand! What is going to happen in the "hole in the wall"! I loved the lollipop...nice touch. Just made Edward driving in that car all the more sexy!

Serena
larin20 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I think you write so beautifully.

"The stretch of road was like something out of a dream. Bella was teetering on the edge of déjà vu, not realizing that it was because the light was the same in Edward’s bedroom. The light filtered pale amber through the remaining maple leaves and feathery pines that clasped themselves together over the winding road, dropping weak sunbursts onto the windshield." I mean WOW!

This was a wonderful and too short chapter! I didnt want it to end and I wanted to go walking on the beach with them. LOL! I'm glad Edward is finally willing to know why Bella left, it's not all about him anymore. Ahh, Possessiveward is growing! He's getting into his big boy pants. I can't wait for more my dear.
ShouldHaveStuckToReading chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
I could not believe my luck when I saw the alert! Effing squee, indeed!

But now I'm all antsy for the next one...

I enjoyed the distinction between their thoughts of the drive-very well written!

Love you writing. I wish I could be as poetic as you.

Frenchie.
bookworm-nz chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Recently discovered this and I love the emotional intensity of your writing. It completely draws you into the twisted world of Edward and Bella...and while I live in hope that Edward will eventually redeem himself, I seriously want Bella to come to her senses re Mike. I understand why his placid stability and distance are comforting to her after what she has gone through growing up with Edward's manipulation/borderline emotional abuse. I'm hoping this confrontation will be a big step in Bella working through her Edward issues and help her to feel more confident and in control of her life. I love the fact that although I spend most of my time angry with Edward you manage to pull off these moments of desperation where you actually have a twinge of pity for him. I love what you are doing and how you are doing it. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing :)
Hcm126 chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Another really great chapter! I'm glad that Bella is going to let Edward know how much he heart her when he slept with Alice (at least I'm assuming those are the memories she's going to show him?). And sneaky Edward for calling Angela too!

I can't wait until the next update!
SweetiePieSaysHi chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
love it
elfinchakie chapter 9 . 7/8/2009
Aw wow! This chapter was great and I don't mind that you ended it there because I know the next chapter will be amazing. Good things come to those who wait and all that jazz lol.

Looking forward to the next update! I love getting lost in your story :)
14,391 | « Prev Page 1 .. 920 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 940 .. Last Next »