Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
ebatcl chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Wonderful chap, I loved it :-D. God, but this story is makin me crazy. I can't seem to stop wanting more :-D.
jantanamo chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Gah, your descriptions are incredible! The very first sentence grabbed me: 'The weather was trying to claw its way inside.'. This description of Bella: '..bleached with exhaustion in the pearlescent light'. Oh, and this: 'His room throbbed like a heartbeat, all night.' You always do such an amazing job of drawing these visuals. Just like a living, breathing painting. Gorgeous.

Esme's perspective was heartrending. 'Esme lovingly memorized the curve of her cheek, her youth, her colours. Trying to imprint them on her soul somehow. To have something to take to Renee.' had me nearly tearing up. And the whole concept of everyone being tied down by threads was beautiful. At first I giggled when she called Edward a gentleman, wondering if Esme knew him at all. But when she noted how Bella brought him back into the group, that she was his thread, I realized that nobody knows him better. Oh Esme, I'm afraid for her loss and for what it will do to everyone.

I hate Michael (I like that he's a Michael and not a Mike). Even if there wasn't an Edward, I would still dislike this Michael. He doesn't see Bella, at all. And I think Edward is only starting to now - I love the photo session at the end.

Speaking of the photo session, I really loved what Edward said:

'“I’m connected,” he eventually said. “Too connected.” / He looked out the window. “But at the same time, it doesn’t touch me. I’m numb from some things.”' He understands his relationship with Bella and is in denial all at the same time. And I love the usage of the word 'touch' here, considering the context of his ability. He can touch and read everyone, but he doesn't let anyone in. As intrusive as Edward chooses to be, he's kept himself so closed off. Photography really is the perfect occupation for him, as it's like another manifestation of his mind-reading.

I normally devour updates from my favourite stories, but for this one I found myself reading so slowly, just trying to savour every word. I didn't want it to end. Seriously, I can't help but gush with every review, I love this story so much. It's so complex and elegant and subtle. I hate that the chapter's over and that I have to wait until next week for another one. Is there any way I could convince/bribe you to give up your day job, freeing you to write all day long instead? :)
elfinchakie chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Another amazing chapter, I can't get over the beauty of your writing surrounding Esme. It's sad but oddly comforting.

Edward is as creepy hot as ever but I saw something different in him in this chapter and am looking forward to seeing if that softness in him continues.

I'm excited about the next chapter, i want to see what they're like together outside 'The Cullen Dimension'

I love this story!
jedigirlsc chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Wow, a really great chapter, so well written and thought out. The descriptions of everything really paint a vivid picture in your mind...real talent!

Looks like Edward is mellowing a teeny bit, maybe they can actually work things out ? Looking forward to the next chapter.
In-love-with-a-vamp chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
It was awsome I love this Edward it's so romantic got I love Edward. .plz update soon.
LindyP chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
I am so glad I found your story because it is really fantastic! I love the way you write! Edward really hides himself behind this facade, almost as if he feels no one would love the "real" Edward. He is so obviously totally obsessed & smitten with bella, even if she does not recognize it. I am looking forward to your next chapter!

LindyP :)
janneyt chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
This is a wonderful story, I want to kiss and smack Edward all at the same time. Your writing is divine, thanks for dreaming this up for us!
ebonyjorgieriggs chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
aw I'm in love! I had goosebumps reading about them sitting in the chair while Emse told them her story! You captured everything so perfectly I felt like I was in the room. I can picture the two little babies all snuggled up in the baby ward. I'd love to see a picture of how beautiful Bella was sitting at the window. Thanks so much for this amazing story!

ok...I reviewed...I want my photo session now please :-)

Sunfeathers chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Another wonderful chapter, Black Arrow!

Your writing is beautiful - this story has such an intensity to it and there was actually very little action in this chapter. But so much happened. At this point I love it that he can read her mind - it's a very sensual connection between them. As aggravating as he is you've made him nearly irresistible.

And Michael sounds like a tool. At some point down the line I assume Bella will need to make a choice. He stands in stark contrast to Edward.

That last part - when Edward was looking for a certain frame and not finding it - I wonder if he thinks he sees something there in her eyes but it's not? Like he was sure she was looking at him in a certain way (maybe with love?) but then the camera proved she wasn't?

So much to chew on. Can't wait for more ...
Vanquish13 chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
great chapter!
ShouldHaveStuckToReading chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Ah... crack fix feels good...

So much character development in this one. Edward seems far less possessive—more like he is trying to win her over (especially the toast thing!). I love that Bella tells him off about the music with her thoughts :) In a way she stands up to Edward more than with Michael, me thinks?

Esme is such a lovely character... the description of her condition is so accurate, especially the bit about how she was pleased to lose the initial pounds (kilos!). I love how everyone listens to her story, and the story is beautiful—they shared a crib *sigh*

So the hint is that Edward feels he has been controlled by Bella his whole life. It puts a completely different spin on things. And makes so much sense.

Oh, my favourite was when he forced the thought to come to her mind, staring at her and rubbing her palms!

A wonderful chapter, loved it! Lots of stuff for the gals to mull over. Try not to read it or your head may explode :)

God, Edward kisses make me, you know, die a little. Jezz has a theory on that ;)

I hope your little Delia is okay?
TLammy chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Wow, wonder what frame he was looking for? Or if it was a particular expression (love) in her eyes that he was looking for? So the late night call Edward made was to Michael but no one answered?

Ah geez, can't believe we have to wait another week for another chapter...really think that posting on 8 Jul would help prompt more votes ;) Okay not really but you can't blame a girl for trying. I don't want to wish the summer away but damn, can't wait until next Friday.
ShouldHaveStuckToReading chapter 5 . 7/2/2009
I love the 'conversations'-Bella's thoughts punctuated by Edward's words, I find them fascinating.

Like this bit:

She rarely saw him like this. Relaxed, and not angry. “You relax me,” he told her. She couldn’t imagine how; most of his life had been dedicated to guarding her, possessing her, which must have taken a huge amount of energy. “Especially when you got tits,” he said huskily. “I was beating those asswipes at Forks High off with a stick.”

I could read this all day :)
ShouldHaveStuckToReading chapter 4 . 7/2/2009
I just saw Sweetmama's review. Don't listen to her! lol.

A couple of the girls are a bit disturbed by Edward. But the lovers far outweigh the fighters. We heart your disturbed Edward, cause he is so interesting! And sexy, even if he is manipulative.

If they want nice Edward they know where to go...
ShouldHaveStuckToReading chapter 3 . 7/2/2009
So I'm back for a reread before the update. I get fucking goose-pimples in this scene. Amazing.
14,275 | « Prev Page 1 .. 922 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 942 .. Last Next »