Reviews for The Blessing and the Curse
janneyt chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
This is a wonderful story, I want to kiss and smack Edward all at the same time. Your writing is divine, thanks for dreaming this up for us!
ebonyjorgieriggs chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
aw I'm in love! I had goosebumps reading about them sitting in the chair while Emse told them her story! You captured everything so perfectly I felt like I was in the room. I can picture the two little babies all snuggled up in the baby ward. I'd love to see a picture of how beautiful Bella was sitting at the window. Thanks so much for this amazing story!

ok...I reviewed...I want my photo session now please :-)

Serena
Sunfeathers chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Another wonderful chapter, Black Arrow!

Your writing is beautiful - this story has such an intensity to it and there was actually very little action in this chapter. But so much happened. At this point I love it that he can read her mind - it's a very sensual connection between them. As aggravating as he is you've made him nearly irresistible.

And Michael sounds like a tool. At some point down the line I assume Bella will need to make a choice. He stands in stark contrast to Edward.

That last part - when Edward was looking for a certain frame and not finding it - I wonder if he thinks he sees something there in her eyes but it's not? Like he was sure she was looking at him in a certain way (maybe with love?) but then the camera proved she wasn't?

So much to chew on. Can't wait for more ...
Vanquish13 chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
great chapter!
ShouldHaveStuckToReading chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Ah... crack fix feels good...

So much character development in this one. Edward seems far less possessive—more like he is trying to win her over (especially the toast thing!). I love that Bella tells him off about the music with her thoughts :) In a way she stands up to Edward more than with Michael, me thinks?

Esme is such a lovely character... the description of her condition is so accurate, especially the bit about how she was pleased to lose the initial pounds (kilos!). I love how everyone listens to her story, and the story is beautiful—they shared a crib *sigh*

So the hint is that Edward feels he has been controlled by Bella his whole life. It puts a completely different spin on things. And makes so much sense.

Oh, my favourite was when he forced the thought to come to her mind, staring at her and rubbing her palms!

A wonderful chapter, loved it! Lots of stuff for the gals to mull over. Try not to read it or your head may explode :)

God, Edward kisses make me, you know, die a little. Jezz has a theory on that ;)

I hope your little Delia is okay?
TLammy chapter 8 . 7/3/2009
Wow, wonder what frame he was looking for? Or if it was a particular expression (love) in her eyes that he was looking for? So the late night call Edward made was to Michael but no one answered?

Ah geez, can't believe we have to wait another week for another chapter...really think that posting on 8 Jul would help prompt more votes ;) Okay not really but you can't blame a girl for trying. I don't want to wish the summer away but damn, can't wait until next Friday.
ShouldHaveStuckToReading chapter 5 . 7/2/2009
I love the 'conversations'-Bella's thoughts punctuated by Edward's words, I find them fascinating.

Like this bit:

She rarely saw him like this. Relaxed, and not angry. “You relax me,” he told her. She couldn’t imagine how; most of his life had been dedicated to guarding her, possessing her, which must have taken a huge amount of energy. “Especially when you got tits,” he said huskily. “I was beating those asswipes at Forks High off with a stick.”

I could read this all day :)
ShouldHaveStuckToReading chapter 4 . 7/2/2009
I just saw Sweetmama's review. Don't listen to her! lol.

A couple of the girls are a bit disturbed by Edward. But the lovers far outweigh the fighters. We heart your disturbed Edward, cause he is so interesting! And sexy, even if he is manipulative.

If they want nice Edward they know where to go...
ShouldHaveStuckToReading chapter 3 . 7/2/2009
So I'm back for a reread before the update. I get fucking goose-pimples in this scene. Amazing.
loolupe chapter 7 . 7/2/2009
Dude, this guy is twisted and evil...and hot.
sweetmama77 chapter 7 . 7/2/2009
Hey Black Arrow,

I've just read all seven chapters of your fic, and I don't know what to say, because my feelings about it are so ambivalent.

Your writing is beautiful - exquisite, even - but I just can't STAND Edward. He's simply the most selfish, slimy character I've ever met. He IS very sexy, yes, but he uses his beauty to ensnare people and, as such, holds no appeal for me. I find him repulsive, and when Bella's heart beats out of her ribcage for him, I just want to yell, "Run, Bella, run!" And not into the arms of her douchebag fiance, either.

The girls on AG's comments pages and on the Cookie forum are insanely in love with your Edward, hence my interest in reading the story. But I honestly just don't get what they see in him. To my mind, he's a manipulative jerk, and I want to punch him out, not sleep with him.

You are a wonderful writer, with a smooth cadence and an elegant turn of phrase. I only wish this Edward were worthy of your attention.

Yours in consternation,

Sweetmama
2loveybunnies chapter 7 . 7/2/2009
Ugh! I'm not sure to love Edward or hate him! This is obviously Evilward, and I can't yet see the redemption in him yet. What can possibly come from this? More lemons I hope! And more details as to why he's such a bastard! Love the story so far, please update soon!
loolupe chapter 5 . 7/2/2009
It's pretty effin' hard to review when I can't even catch my breath. Damn. This is one of the most original plots I've come across. I love it.
Booklover00 chapter 7 . 7/2/2009
Wow this story is really good I can not wait until you update again. Looking forward to it ).
m7707 chapter 7 . 7/2/2009
Who wouldn't love to redeem Darkward? Ah, happy project. Nicely done,pulls me right in - which I love!
14,404 | « Prev Page 1 .. 931 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 951 .. Last Next »