Reviews for Other Side of Hatred
Is kara that stupid? Well, ok of course she is! Lee does NOT want to be with Dee. BUT he will not cheat. That means Kara has to put on the big girl panties and leave Sam (since she is the one that put every body in the situation they are in) it's KARA'S responsibility to make it right, but she is too much a coward, too selfish. She expects every body else to deal with the consequences of her bad decisions.
BTW you do know don't you, except for the sex, this fic is practically a word-for-word of scenes taken directly from the show. There is nothing really new here. Nothing unique, nothing that makes your fic stand out on its own.
ice-man chapter 1 . 4/3
Did anybody at all notice that Lee who was probably beating Helo, only lost the fight when Kara parked herself at ringside to distract him (purposely I thought) and told Helo and Sharon that Lee was dropping his guard when throwing his cross. She never mentioned that to Lee when she made her "bit off more than you can chew" crack. And Lee did get up before the 10 count. Cottle stopped the fight because of the cut.
Here we go. another bunch of crap with Sam. Kara said in canon. she regreted marrying Sam immediately. She told Lee she made the vows NOT MEANING THEM and said them to the wrong man.
Kara did regret marrying Sam , DEEPLY regretted it. If your going to write a fic try and not make Kara look worse than she already does in canon (which is pretty bad already) This fic makes her look so stupidly selfish, such an uber coward as to give her almost no redeeming qualities. In your fic she doesnt regret marrying Sam, doesnt really care she hurt Lee.
She comes off as a cun* who just wants it all for no good reason and could care less who she hurts in the process. She knew Sam cared for her, the problem was she married him as a way to run from Lee NOT because she fully reciprocated his feelings. Otherwise Kara would have never made the attempts to try and reconcile with Lee, would never have offered to leave Sam. Yea I dont come across many stories where Kara actually looks WORSE than usually or so badly mangles the details, but this one does.
kitcat19us chapter 13 . 11/1/2009
really great story
ds888 chapter 13 . 8/3/2009
I promise I did not forget about your story, RL has been crazy busy. I really enjoyed the way the story ended. I hope you will write more Kara/Lee stories.
JDB89 chapter 13 . 7/26/2009
This is so good, I'm a big fan of happy endings. Would be nice with a sequel. Good work!
gatelover chapter 13 . 7/25/2009
What a beautiful end to the story and you definitely did justice to it.

The one thing I really loved about it was that you finally got them to talk to each other. That was the one thing that was always missing from their relationship, openly talking about their emotions.

I was a bit worries there in the middle that this was going to end badly for our pilots. It was nice to see Dee and Sam standing up for themselves rather than being doormats.

I have really loved this fic and I look forward to your future work.
StarryEyedGlimmer chapter 13 . 7/24/2009
Hey, thanks for the nod. Glad I could add to the story. Not that you needed any help. This story was just awesome.

You had me worried though in the middle of this chapter. I was really getting glummed out about what the ending was going to be. All I was seeing was Lee telling Kara that he couldn't trust her and leaving her like she left him. I was literally talking to my computer screen. If my husband and my kids were awake they would have thought that I was crazy(well at least crazier than usual).

I really liked the way you went back and forth with their POV's. The emotions that they were both feeling were so conflicted. As I said before, they both admitted to loving each other a thousand times over but were afraid to commit. They also were afraid to leave their prospective spouses for fear of being alone. Neither one could stand to be away from each other and they couldn't stand for each other to be with their spouses without getting jealous. Yet they couldn't find a happy medium.

I like that you gave Sam and Dee the power to get themselves out of their marriages on their own. It also gave Lee and Kara a semi-guilt free way of leaving their marriages as well. I like how you had Sam and Dee give their permission to pursue the other for Lee and Kara. I still wish you would have let Lee tell Dee the truth in the last fight they had. Just to stick it to her(Did I mention that I don't like Dee?). But anyway, you were nice(too nice).

The bar was awesome. It really did boost morale. But, I was hoping for a bar scene brawl where Lee and Kara get into it and then declare their love for each other in front of the crew and their mates.(Wishful thinking) At least you redeemed yourself with a fantastic ending. Their declarations to each other were perfect. And running off to tell Lee's father was just perfect as well. Lee was probably right. His dad probably did love her more than him(chuckle).

Oh, and thanks for including Karl in this final chapter. He has always been there for both of them. Especially Kara. What a guy!

Thanks again for a fantastic story and an even more fantastic ending. I'm a sucker for happy endings(which is why I was so disappointed at the shows' ending). It just gives me the warm fuzzies all over. Can't wait for more from you. TTFN.
Aliennut chapter 13 . 7/24/2009
I loved this ending! Fantastic writing!
ddt73 chapter 13 . 7/24/2009
Now I like this ending of TAB SO much more then the original! :)

You did a great job capturing their emotion and their voices.

Thanks for this.
SMCKI10 chapter 13 . 7/24/2009
I've followed this fic from the start i loved it! you did a awesome job on it and you really kept lee and kara in characther. and of course you corrected the hugest mistake of bsg. you dind't tear lee and kara apart! so thanks for that! awesome ending!
gatelover chapter 12 . 7/20/2009
Another great chapter! It seems that things are going nice with the pilots. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Come on seriously? Lee and Sam friends? And Dee knows that no matter what Kara can kick her ass, so she better watch it. As nice as it is to see them happy, they really need to talk to each other and their respective spouses.

Exciting stuff! Great work!
Aliennut chapter 12 . 7/19/2009
I have been away but I am so glad I am back so I can enjoy my favorite stories again. I loved these updates!
StarryEyedGlimmer chapter 12 . 7/19/2009
The bar sounds awesome. Somehow; though, I think it might be more trouble between the 2 couples. A drunken Kara is not a pleasant Kara and sometimes the truth hurts more than the lies.

The love that is not lost between Dee and Kara will come to a head here soon. And Sam and Lee being "friends"? I'm not sure that is a good idea. You know the tension that is there. It might explode at the bar as well. At least it will be entertaining to the rest of the crew.

Kara and Lee just need to let their feelings go and be out there for everyone to see. They both want each other but are afraid to commit to each other. They may say they love each other and they do mean it but they don't commit to each other. Make them commit. Soon. Dee can just be unceremoniously be dumped(don't spare her feelings). Can you tell I don't like her? Never did. Let Kara let Sam down as easy as she can. I like Sam and he does deserve better. He didn't ask to get tangled up in the web that is Kara Thrace. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and Kara took advantage of that. Even if it was not maliciously done.

Thanks for the chapter. Can't wait for more. TTFN.
ddt73 chapter 12 . 7/16/2009
I've been enjoying this story. Interesting to get some more insight. Keep up the good work.

I was just wondering if you are going to go with TAB as it happened or will you be ending it differently?