Reviews for Let Us Die to Make Men Free
Noelle chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
I've been reading most Supernatural fic with half a cringe, waiting for the characterization to swerve wildly off and get terrible, so MY APOLOGIES for doubting, your story was great~

My favorite thing about Supernatural is characters' refusal to abandon snarkiness in the face of Cosmic Truths or Seriously Powerful Things, and you got a bullseye on that.

:) Also I had NO IDEA that Battle Hymn was so ... hellfirey! I like hellfirey.
Shooshkipoo chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Love it, that is so Pamela!
Cap Streeter chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
LMAO, perfect characterization of both Castiel and Pamela.

In particular this end:

"Pamela had a hard time keeping the smirk off her face as she reached behind the angel, grabbed, and squeezed. "Ah," she said, smiling in satisfaction as he jumped in surprise. "I should have known any friend of the boys' was going to have a perky ass too."

Imagining the long suffering look on his face that went with the small sigh he gave made the entire thing worth it. He then touched her forehead and when she awoke, she was still in her kitchen, alone with the whistling tea kettle."

Seriously great use. Good story.
Sophia V chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Oh wow. *flails* I love it - absolutely love it! And it fits so well with the characters we know and adore (and all the more so since Pammy isn't long for the world). Even the genesis of these lyrics are a perfect match - Julia Ward Howe herself said the words came to her in the early morning and she just wrote them down without looking at the paper. It could very well be a prophecy about the End of Days and we just don't know it!

Three cheers to you for writing this lovely story, and cheers again to the original poster of the prompt, without whose cracky idea this would never have come about! *applauds*
Sefiriot chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Hot damn! I have so gotta retake a look at the lyrics of Battle Hymn of the Republic after this: This is awesome. I love your Pamela Barnes in here. And Sam's destryoing demons degrading his soul is really logical. I mean, God made the soul, no one is supposed to be interfering with them without permission, and that's what Sam's doing isn't it? Yup, awesome. You've Castiel nicely written here as well. I can almost see the expression on his face-sorta like the one he gets talking to Dean. Long-suffering, patient, maybe with a very very slight touch of 'why me'?
cornev chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Very well done - nicely in character. The whole scene is great and Pam grabbing Castiel's ass was too perfect! So funny. -Corrie