Reviews for The Secrets of Summer
Dance Elle Dance chapter 3 . 6/28/2011
I really liked this! I think you did a lovely job writing this pairing. Keep up the wonderful work!
chillwithJyl chapter 3 . 6/19/2010
I LOVED IT!
Cascia chapter 3 . 2/16/2010
I loved this!
leggraaa chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
One of the best story's I've ever read (:

Any other T/B storys coming up ? :D
Advo chapter 3 . 9/15/2009
Oh wait. One more thing, I really, really enjoyed the story as mentioned earlier. And I'd pretty much love anything else with T/B however, I'd really love to see a "stronger" Tripp. I felt like he was very submissive to Blair's whims and wishes - and I know it can be like that irl when one person loves the other one more. But I'd love to see them on a more equal footing. :D
Advo chapter 1 . 9/15/2009
It's weird. I love with Blair with everyone - Tripp, Carter, Jack, Dan... hell even Rufus but seriously dislikes the canon pairings NB and CB. I used to be a huge CB fan, but S2 squashed that out of me. Then I started to like Ca/B because a. Seb&LeightHot and b. Carter Baizen is way yummy. But after watching "Seder Anything", my latest obsession is DEFINITELY Tripp/Blair. The way he touched her arm before Nate's speech had me seriouesly intrigued! There has got to be a in story there! And I simply, loved, loved your take on it!

PS. Should you ever be inspired again, I'd LOVE more Tripp/Blair stories! Thank you!
MissSarahSays chapter 3 . 6/3/2009
Hi, I come via a rec from fellow Tripp-lover mystripedskirt and am so glad I did. This was gorgeous and excruciating, and now I'll just be shipping B/T all over the place, Carter be damned ;) Just kidding, sort of.

I love the Tripp you've created. I love these characters who are yet to be developed and seeing what people do with the untapped potential. When it's good, like this story, it makes me wish less that someone (i.e. the show) would actually tap the potential, because it's so much better this way.

I love that he's almost the inferior Vanderbilt and then she makes him not. I love that she builds them up only to destroy them even though it sets them on the path she's sure they both need. It's so B, and so tragic.

I love that he fights for her so hard it kills him. I love: "Hell, he wanted everyone to see because keeping their wonderful secret was killing him."

I hate B a little - in the best way because I can never REALLY hate her - and I love that he can't because he loves her so much. And I love that she loves him enough that she can't ruin him, only to have him ruin himself. How Vanderbilt and sad.

Wonderful story.
GGLover-1 chapter 3 . 6/3/2009
Just great! ahah, thanks for the update, it was really awesome1 LOL xD
SomniumSeeker chapter 3 . 6/2/2009
It's been a few hours since I read the last chapter of this story, and a few days since I read the first. And for the life of me, I haven't been able to get this story out of my head. The pairing came out of nowhere, it seemed, but looking back now at the canon scenes you depicted here, I can see every nuance in their actions that you described in this story. What I would have once seen as just a conversation between Tripp and Blair for strictly expository purposes will now forever be filled with the subtext you've given it.

I have always been a fan of your work because of your ability to successfully convey the tones of time of life in which you have the characters. Whether it's childhood!Chuck thinking of B as his doll, or collegiate!Tripp seeing Blair as a lolita, you never fail to capture the colours of thoughts in that time of life with a consistent eloquence.

It's understandable that a lot of the poignancy in this story is because of the fact that it ends, but it would be crazy for me to be unable to have enough of this very good thing. I love the very believable background you've given all the characters, especially how you've portrayed the classic summer romance of a teenager and a not-so-teenager. There aren't enough words of praise I could give your incorporation of the high-society traditions and overall tone of wealth that was never blatantly stated yet never unseen.

Okay, I seriously cannot hold it in any longer: Please, for the love of all that is good in the world, I am begging you quite embarrassingly to give us more of this world you've created for Tripp and Blair. Please? Please! I will probably lose sleep over the world of this story, in a big fat creepster Tripp-like fashion. I will also probably break Youtube watching the one minute exchange between Tripp and Blair at the party that you wrote about here. I have even seriously entertained the thought of sending the GG Powers That Be a link to your story [with your permission, of course] so that they can find some way to incorporate it into the storyline. Chuck has seriously lost his appeal to me over the episodes, last minute ILY or not.

Regardless of what you do, thank you so much for sharing this story with us, especially GGWithdrawal-ridden fangirls such as myself.
mystripedskirt chapter 3 . 6/2/2009
Omg omg omg this is such a tragic ending. I don't even know what to do with myself right now. This story is so perfect. I send you thanks for writing it!

The lip biting was amazing. Of course Blair would like it, that kinky girl.

Maureen bores me a lot. I wish Tripp would return for s3. I'm glad Blair wants him to follow his dream, but I do want them to be together. I suppose this could never be the case. Ugh, Nate.

Seven year old Blair kills me. Blair and Tripp playing house kills me. This whole story kills me. I need new vocabulary words in my head.

Conversation at the end was golden. So perfect. I like how you incorporated the stuff on the show.
Bethany chapter 3 . 6/2/2009
Aw that was pretty sad. I still feel so bad for the guy. But I liked you incorporated their 1 scene from GG but retold it with your own deeper meaning. It totally worked! I'll definitely be on the lookout for more from you..
finnlover chapter 3 . 6/2/2009
I think gossip girl never really explained why Tripp did what he did hahah I always thought it was because he was jealous of Nate.. but I think your explanation works much better hahah...

Great conclusion!
finnlover chapter 2 . 6/2/2009
i loved that tripp is so in love with blair!

Really great chapter
Bethany chapter 2 . 6/2/2009
Now I just feel sorry for the poor guy...ah well I still loved it. I'm glad he was her first bc then this story wouldn't have been completely justified. Since this is an AU story, I hope she ends up with him..bc Nate is a douche.
GGLover-1 chapter 2 . 6/2/2009