Reviews for Against the grain
flootzavut chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
"professionally he might be a stubborn workaholic with all the sensitivity of an anvil, but between the lines he was also very caring and exceptionally charming"

That cracked me up, a succinct and accurate summary of his Gibbsness!

This was really sweet... *sigh*
windsong09 chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Absolutely positively love it.
fairwinds09 chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Wow! I'm so impressed-I've always sensed that "See No Evil" bothered Gibbs way down deep because of what happened to his own wife and daughter years ago. But I never really thought of Kate's reaction to his emotional turmoil, nor of what that reaction might entail for the two of them. Great job of capturing the tenderness that is so inherent between Kate and Gibbs, without making the scene so sweet that it's out-of-character. I really love your writing style, and hope to see more from you soon!
gillianfoster chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Great ! Another Kibbs story :-) Really loved it, hope you're gonna write some more, and that Gibbs is gonna open up to Kate, and that it is very emotional between them.
KoreWillow chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Ahh; LOVE it! Great job!
Citation-2 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Beautiful, touching story. I've often wondered if the writers had already decided to give Gibbs a dead wife and daughter by the time "See No Evil" was written/filmed, thus making Gibbs' final line to the captain so much more meaningful, or if it was just a coincidence.

Returning to your story, I'm not disappointed by the lack of detailed scenes, because somehow they wouldn't fit the tone of the story, but I would have loved to see this as just the first chapter of a longer story. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this with us!
dolphinsiren is me chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Good insigth ! You let see they know to each other very well. I liked it. Theres no neccessary more explicit scenes to see they are made one for another.

Keep writing KIBBS .You do it GREAT !
balladofserenity chapter 1 . 6/1/2009 Kibbs - Thankyou!

Really enjoyed it! Loved the fact Kate can't actually hold her alcohol. Gibbs was wonderfully in character!

Would love for you to write more
csimiamifreak2612 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
lol you watched Monty Python wink wink nudge nudge xD

good story please write more :D
dani102 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
The tension made me sque...You did a great job!Thank you!:)
dg101 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
were in character-especially since they both drank burboun.:P
navycis chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Yes!That is so god!You just made my day!:)Thank you!:)
meherm chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
loved it! more?
shawdoo chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
Absolutely loved it! I certainly hope you'll write more KIBBS in the very near future!
iheartkibbs chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
love love love.

i need more of this or more kibbs stories from you ha