Reviews for Pretense
cyndi griffith chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Wow, this story struck me so profoundly! Elliots' reactions to the silent aftermath of Olivias' trauma seems spot on! Great job. Made my heart ache.
Badmuts32 chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
Beautiful story!
Amber Hastings chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
This one of the reasons I love SVU... their relationship, not the way most people want it to be, but how it actually is. How it works, how they work. It's just so fascinating, intriguing, unusual in real life... and I love it.

I'd like study psichology and get to understand why people seek for human contact and company as a need; so when I saw the kind of relation Elliot and Olivia have with each other, I couldnn't help but find incredibly intersting that Olivia's need and Olivia's insctint wasn't the human contact, but the safety and balance that isolation, independence and strenght brought to her life. It's intersting her need to never show her vulnerability, to stay alone, to stay strong. But it's even more intersting how Elliot understand it, how he knows what he say and how he say it will or won't cause something in her, because he knows that that is the way she is.

It's amazing how well he knows her, even when they have never talk about it. And viceversa.

And the way you put the meaning of their relationship in words... the way you interpret every move, every look, every word -spoken or not-; showing a pure and truthfull friendship, it's amazing. So well written.

And seeriously I think this is what actually happens on the show, because certainly we can't know for sure what goes through their heads, their feelings when it's up to each other. I'm pretty sure NB is not gonna put in subtitles all the layers beetween them in the episodes and explain their deepness to us ...jajaja.

Congratulations for this ... I really love your fics. Keep it up! You're an amazing writter. seriously, you should be woking for Wolf. Or traslate some scenes for us.

THANK YOU! :)

-Naomi
Amilyn chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Sharp and well done. I like the way you've written the dance around the truth, the dance around what who does and doesn't know and will and won't acknowledge.
ShaNini86 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Twitter confuses me, so I never read that comment from NB. However, I love your take on this. It's true to the characters, true to real life victims, and true to a dialogue I, previously, looked into, but not with your astuteness. You do a great job with Elliot's reactions, both internally and externally. It makes so much sense that he wants her to ask for help, but he can't be the one to do it because he knows the road she'll have to travel on, and he knows what that entails...It's so psychologically riveting in the sense that it's heartbreaking for a friendship. Hopefully,the finale will bring this up, but who knows. For now, I'm satisfied with your story. :)
DetOlivia44015 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Awesome story I think Neal is delusional. I will be extremely disappointed if thats all we ever hear about Sealview! I think you need to tweet the link to this to Neal and see if he reads it.

Good luck with the apt hunting. God I can't wait til tomorrow night ek

Your twitter friend

Fi_Tayler

:D
ally.enchantress chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Well, first of all, I think Elliot's logic is really screwed up. Maybe he's right, but that's really crappy logic. The story itself was good, though. I temporarily accepted the screwed-up logic, and then the whole thing made sense. It's interesting how you turn a quick-as-lightning scene into something with so many layers and so much depth to it. I mean, I knew the layers were there when I watched it, I just couldn't put them into words, and you did that very well.

I present you with my congratulations and a suggestion to write the layers for more little scenes like this.

Take care!

ally
flapjacks chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
wo first review!

ahh i love your stories, your stuff is always amazing

whats this neal baer comment? has he said elliot knows about sealview?

thats so disappointing, im waiting for it to come out in a future ep!

but smut did kind of seem like he knew.. anyway, if he did. i'd like to think that his thoughts were something like this :)

perfect story