Reviews for The One Who Causes Darkness
impureevilregal chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
I love this story so much. It fits rue so much and a character in another fandom Regina.
ginny7777 chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
The correct answer is the result of another question:

Is the Could Be Fairest Woman in the World Rue or... Kraehe?
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Mikure chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
I seriously love this fic, especially how the italicized story ties in with Rue's characterization. Excellent job!
LunaSphere chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Oh, this is so perfectly haunting and there is so much I love about it! You intertwine the fairytale about the enchantress with Rue's narrative so gracefully that it becomes hard to imagine one without the other.

The only jarring moment was this: "took a rock and bashed the swan's head with it." I think it might just be me, but the tone there isn't really in keeping with the rest (although that may be precisely your intent), and for me almost crosses over into a sort of strange ludicrousness brought about by that disjuncture in language.

I absolutely adored the ending of this piece, the two alternatives offered by the fairytale, their entirely different meanings for Rue and Mythos' ending.

My absolutely favorite moment in this (although it was a tough call since this is all so beautifully written) is the way you work in Rue's confession of her love to Mythos, the way you frame her thoughts and her desperation in that moment. That always felt like one of the most powerful moments in the anime to me, and you invoke and evoke it here in all its heartbreak.
Nanenna chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Oh wow, this was... magnificent. Just magnificent. It was so well written, had beautiful imagery, and was so... so... I don't even know. I thuroughly enjoyed it.
Moon Shadow Magic chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I can't really add anything to the insights of the previous reviews; I agree with them. Excellent portrait of much- abused personality. Well done!
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Great job! This was giving me shivers throughout the whole time I was reading this. An excellent and sad insight into Rue, her part in this story and her love for Mytho. I loved the way the italicized story of the enchantress flowed very nicely with the rest of the story. I don't know how you did it but this was one amazing story.
Blue chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Wow this is a very in-depth view of Rue, one of the best I seen. I liked that the two stories complement each other nicely. Reading this made me really think about how broken down Rue is. She’s just dead inside with a obsessive need for love. Really sad but good read.