Reviews for Memorized
JulieCS chapter 1 . 3/20
I always wondered how would have been the end of this series if it had not been canceled. And what would have been the last scene. And the last sentence of this OS is the perfect one.
Ica44 chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
What a beautiful fic. Lovely angst, and lovely reunion at the end. So heart-wrenching, then heart-warming... loved it! Especially these lines:

His back is turned to her, but suddenly, she knows everything.

He's Logan, and she loves him.

Totally brought tears to my eyes. So wonderful...
diana teo chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Ah,if only...but that's what fanfics are for,right? Thank you for your requited love dream ending! *sigh*
CassieAndMarcus chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
(cassiecrimson) Lovely, no virus putting them down. It was lovely. Thanks for this jewel. :)
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
This is a way too late review, but see, I really did find my way here!

This is such a good use of that universal effect that everyone seems to experience after losing someone: fading memories. You've made it more poignant with Max's use of her memories to get her through the worst, and your reminders that she should have perfect memory. Early on, with the first lost memories, we have to wonder how much is PsyOps' at all, how much is their general breaking of Max (figures they'd want to erase her memories of freedom) or if they've discovered how important these particular memories are to her, before it becomes more and more clear to us (and to Max) that it's what they've done to her. It's particularly poignant that she remembers *him* and is haunted by remembering him even after losing the memory of what he looked like, before losing that too. (and glad that it had the effect of stirring her to escape!) You've captured her gradual loss with all the pain of it so well.

Also nice is the opposite response, coming from Logan - it fits his general obsessive nature so it fits seamlessly here. I wonder how long he could have kept the promise not to forget every detail.

I was reading on pins & needles, afraid that it would have a sad outcome, that Max might lose him altogether, so was all grins for the happy ending. I love the idea that there's something so deep about their connection that even when she has no idea who or why, she's drawn to him. Love it!

And their finally getting back together was lovely and satisfying - a much, much better S2 than we got from the show!

Thanks again for playing with M & L... :D
coolkitty154 chapter 1 . 6/19/2009
aw thats so sweet. 3 3 3
Mari83 chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
This is so well done that I half-forgot that there was supposed to be a virus (and no question that this is a thousand times better)- no, didn't have enough patience to read the author's notes:-)

Again there is something poem-like, both in your style and in the way the different parts play together, sleep and no sleep, the parallelism of her forgetting more and more while Logan remembers everything, building up to their reunion and kiss and finally peaceful coupleness.

"She realizes that although she's got memorized every single conversation she and Logan ever had, she's starting to forget bits and pieces about him. She's in the middle of a sparring session with an X6 when she realizes she can't conjure up the way his skin smells anymore."

Like I said, it feels so real that she would forget all the sensory impressions of Logan first, her sleep-escape no longer available.

"His back is turned to her, but suddenly, she knows everything.

He's Logan, and she loves him."

Maybe this is my favorite part, her memory so affected that she acts subconsciously, in a way reduced to the most basic knowledge
Aurora2424 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Lovely. The slow forgetfulness is painful and the reunion delicious. Thank you.
nattylovesu chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
YAY!

Happy pulse day!

Don't forget / Do remember...love the analogy!