Reviews for A Quiet Year
PrincessCarrotCake chapter 31 . 2/14
Really liked this story, I wish I had known what it was about I would have read this before Rima. Still really liked it although some of the stuff about virgils work place was a bit boring sometimes. So glad Gordon made a full recovery and was back to his cheeky self, also the competitiveness between Scott and John was great, I wish there was more.
walmar chapter 31 . 1/12
This is the second time I have read this, thank you I enjoyed it just as much, keep writing Purpuss
Dicetylene chapter 1 . 6/19/2016
This is fantastic. I'm reading it on my commute each day and loving it. It's also spurred me on with my physio after a broken foot. Hey if Gords can do it I can get back on the hiking trails even stronger than before. Can't wait for your next story. Can't write them long enough and fast enough for this reader. Cheers!
IR Stars chapter 31 . 1/15/2016
One word: PERFECT!
andy taylor chapter 8 . 12/20/2015
Wow. Totally enjoyed this. I was only looking for information on a red tartan shirt Virgil wears in the new series. (Which tartan was actually mentioned in this story) so google picked that up,
Best read I have done for a long time, and I have not read a book for over 10 years, I'm defiantly going to follow this site and look for more thunderbirds stories.
Thanks for such a great read. I will share on my facebook page,
Andy Virgil taylor.
Tripod Gal chapter 31 . 11/11/2015
Omg. I just found this story (and went back to read the preceding two) and am dumbstruck. I think this is probably one of the best stories I have ever read. You capture the essence of the family so well, as well as the individual relationships within the group. I absolutely loved how you portrayed Virgil. Seriously, this is amazing.
Jane chapter 31 . 7/31/2015
Thanks for your wonderful story. I'm sad it's over :( I've pretty much read all your stories now and I have thoroughly enjoyed them all. I am looking forward to getting my life back though ;) You write the boys so well, especially my favourites, Scott and Virgil.
untamed canine chapter 31 . 7/19/2015
Dear Purupuss,

I don't know how to begin writing to you... I just want to begin everywhere at once! I can't remember the last time I was so addicted to a novel. Today was my lazy weekend Sunday, and I spent 14 and a half hours of my day reading through this story! It was wonderful- I loved it all! The little running jokes between the brothers, the little continuous plots that would resurface every now and again. The relationships, the realism, the characters! I found myself laughing out loud, or air rushing through my nose as I tried to keep quiet. At times I found myself impressed by the level of research and care you had taken, portraying a realistic view how people react in stressful situations, to the engineering facts and medical procedures. Other times were downright eerie and tense, with Gordon's progress. You didn't sugar glaze what it was, and you didn't dramatise the darkness. It was written with realism and delicacy. This is the ultimate prequel to International Rescue. You may have ruined me- I don't want to ever read or watch any other prequel. I'll only be disappointed if it isn't this

My only regret is now I've finished it... And only have 20 minutes of my Sunday left. There is not enough hours in the day! Ahh, but there is tomorrow- and I have the rest of your written library to explore.

I am so glad this exists. Thankyou for taking the time to write such magnificence

My warmest regards,
Sarah
KVD chapter 31 . 4/3/2015
Another superb story. Really love how you view the link of scott and virgil. And what a hectic crazy year.
Guest chapter 31 . 3/18/2014
Just read this for the 3rd(? Maybe 4th) time. And I still love it.
xDivashell24x chapter 31 . 3/26/2013
I absolutely love this story! So good. And it's really clever how you've got dramatic events and things like Gordon's accident but mostly told from Virgil's point of view. Absolutely love it. This is definately going to be one that I re-read. :-)
Elanor-G chapter 31 . 4/18/2012
YES! Finally I've finished it, it took me days to read all 31 chapters. But I loved every word!

You have had me going through all the stages of emotion, not to mention having Virgil's voice running through my head, going over what has happened and what is to come.

Now to read the next in the series.
chocolatelover1 chapter 31 . 3/21/2010
lol That. Was. AWESOME!

Dude! lol Do you know how long it took me to read your story!... Hella long! lol

My eyes hurt, I'm sleep deprived but I'm glad!

I loved it all the way!

You did an awesome job, and cant wait and seriously hope you continue cuz you just like rock as a writer :D And I want to you to continue with your stories so don't let me down... kay! _

Peace. Out!
mishti chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
I'm a little late in reviewing but just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this story. I used to be a whump Alan fan (still am, actually) but your story has made me fall in love with all the boys, especially Virgil who I never really noticed all that much before. I really hope you have another story planned ...pretty please with a Tracy on top? Thanks for sharing a wonderful story with the rest of us.
Ambernine chapter 29 . 8/3/2009
Well, well now the shoe is on Scott's foot now. The same blind panic tht Virgil felt. Well written. I like the brotherly psychic link between S and V.