Reviews for A Quiet Year
Jane chapter 31 . 7/31
Thanks for your wonderful story. I'm sad it's over :( I've pretty much read all your stories now and I have thoroughly enjoyed them all. I am looking forward to getting my life back though ;) You write the boys so well, especially my favourites, Scott and Virgil.
untamed canine chapter 31 . 7/19
Dear Purupuss,

I don't know how to begin writing to you... I just want to begin everywhere at once! I can't remember the last time I was so addicted to a novel. Today was my lazy weekend Sunday, and I spent 14 and a half hours of my day reading through this story! It was wonderful- I loved it all! The little running jokes between the brothers, the little continuous plots that would resurface every now and again. The relationships, the realism, the characters! I found myself laughing out loud, or air rushing through my nose as I tried to keep quiet. At times I found myself impressed by the level of research and care you had taken, portraying a realistic view how people react in stressful situations, to the engineering facts and medical procedures. Other times were downright eerie and tense, with Gordon's progress. You didn't sugar glaze what it was, and you didn't dramatise the darkness. It was written with realism and delicacy. This is the ultimate prequel to International Rescue. You may have ruined me- I don't want to ever read or watch any other prequel. I'll only be disappointed if it isn't this

My only regret is now I've finished it... And only have 20 minutes of my Sunday left. There is not enough hours in the day! Ahh, but there is tomorrow- and I have the rest of your written library to explore.

I am so glad this exists. Thankyou for taking the time to write such magnificence

My warmest regards,
Sarah
KVD chapter 31 . 4/3
Another superb story. Really love how you view the link of scott and virgil. And what a hectic crazy year.
Guest chapter 31 . 3/18/2014
Just read this for the 3rd(? Maybe 4th) time. And I still love it.
xDivashell24x chapter 31 . 3/26/2013
I absolutely love this story! So good. And it's really clever how you've got dramatic events and things like Gordon's accident but mostly told from Virgil's point of view. Absolutely love it. This is definately going to be one that I re-read. :-)
Elanor-G chapter 31 . 4/18/2012
YES! Finally I've finished it, it took me days to read all 31 chapters. But I loved every word!

You have had me going through all the stages of emotion, not to mention having Virgil's voice running through my head, going over what has happened and what is to come.

Now to read the next in the series.
chocolatelover1 chapter 31 . 3/21/2010
lol That. Was. AWESOME!

Dude! lol Do you know how long it took me to read your story!... Hella long! lol

My eyes hurt, I'm sleep deprived but I'm glad!

I loved it all the way!

You did an awesome job, and cant wait and seriously hope you continue cuz you just like rock as a writer :D And I want to you to continue with your stories so don't let me down... kay! _

Peace. Out!
mishti chapter 1 . 8/18/2009
I'm a little late in reviewing but just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this story. I used to be a whump Alan fan (still am, actually) but your story has made me fall in love with all the boys, especially Virgil who I never really noticed all that much before. I really hope you have another story planned ...pretty please with a Tracy on top? Thanks for sharing a wonderful story with the rest of us.
Ambernine chapter 29 . 8/3/2009
Well, well now the shoe is on Scott's foot now. The same blind panic tht Virgil felt. Well written. I like the brotherly psychic link between S and V.
KMWRoad chapter 31 . 8/2/2009
Thank you for another GREAT STORY! I too looked forward every other day for another chapter to this interesting and engaging story. I also have to echo the reviewer who said that this story never felt too long or any scene too protracted. Let's see - where do I start with what was so good about this epic? I loved the back story to Alan and Gomez and the championship. It is wonderful to take just a few references from one episode and weave together such a great plot line. I loved the Crumps! And it was great to see how Virgil could keep his brothers guessing about Lisa and him through the whole story. He deserved to be able to do that to them. And as a John fan, thanks for his story too. I kept wondering why Grandma wouldn't have come right out and asked about John and the baby but, having been brought up in the Midwest, it was actually understandable that she would have thought that would be rude. Again congratulations on having one brother keep the others wondering for a while.

The only part that I thought was unbelievable, however briefly, was the beginning of the last chapter, and Virgil was alone in his apartment and I thought "How did Scott leave him alone" but before I had even finished that thought, there were all the brothers, as is only right.

I also have to again agree with other reviewers in that you left your self open to an epiplogue or a sequel with the last line of the story. Oh, so much left unanswered. Why does Mr. Watts not like to be called sir (mentioned already)? What will the borthers do to Virgil to finally get the real story on his and Lisa relatinship? When and how will Gordon match a certain English agent? How will Virgil feel when he first plays piano again? What will his life be like after another year has passed? I am thinking that he might end up as a godfather to a certain couples's child for his assist in keeping them alive and together.

Also, thanks for letting Virgil acknowledge his father at the end of the story. Jeff is a father to be proud of.

I will be waiting for the next story.

Thanks again, KMW Road
Usher chapter 31 . 8/2/2009
Aside from being a wonderful story, what sets it up for me as being a brilliant one is the fact that even though it is over 335 thousand! words, it feels like it was the perfect length. It wasn't a chore to read any part of it, and it flowed perfectly - no drags, no pieces where I rolled my eyes wondering if you would ever get on with it. I enjoyed reading every single word, and I look forward to reading any sequels that might come along :) My only regret is that I did not review every single chapter, and I apologise for that. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us, your loyal readers :)

Usher
MitzyTN chapter 31 . 8/1/2009
Ah, can't believe it's all over. What a year. Compared to this, IR is almost quiet!
Red Hardy chapter 31 . 7/31/2009
WAH! It's over! *SOB!* If you weren't writing another story I just might go fling myself off a brige!
black4minister chapter 31 . 7/31/2009
oh, so sad to have finally reached the end-would you consider a epilogue-hmm? cause you know, you never told us why watts doesn't like boing called sir, you can't leave us hanging there, now can you?

other then that, i'd just like to say that this was an absolute pleasure to read, you're such a talented writer, and i do hope to be reading more of your work soon.

blacky xox
PurpleBlaze chapter 31 . 7/31/2009
It's sad how sad I am that this epic story is finished. I knew it was coming, but still! Thank you for being such a loyal updater. Whenever you left a cliffhanger, I knew that it wouldn't be left hanging. I look forward to your future fanfics very much!