Reviews for The Love of a Highlander
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 1 . 1/6
Well, funny how I found your story! I was going through the entries for one of the Age of Edward stories, when the title of yours popped out at me. See, I sorta have highlander on the brain right now, as I'm reading the Outlander series! I hurriedly clicked on your story, and sure enough, you had been inspired to write it because you were reading Outlander! So, of course I HAD to read it! You said you were nervous because you'd never written a historical story before, but I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Your worry was for nothing, because it was very well-done. As immersed in the Outlander world as I've been the past few months, I didn't notice a misstep when it came to the language, and the story was sweet. Of course, our Edward as on the opposite side, fighting against Jamie Fraser! Love them both, though, and loved your story. Would've loved to see it extended...
may-kaname-cullen chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
I just loved yout story !
Fleur50 chapter 2 . 9/17/2010
Fleur50 chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
LaurieMTM chapter 2 . 1/27/2010
Before I write anything else I just want to say that I really liked this story. I think you captured the time period very well and played with the setting to your great advantage. My only criticism (and it isn’t really one anyway) is that I found it difficult to get through the dialogue. I understand you were trying to make it as accurate a representation as possible of the Scottish language but it did grate on me a bit. Apart from that it was a really good entry into the contest and I wish I’d read it when the contest was ongoing.
Walker77 chapter 1 . 9/23/2009
Love love love this story, its too bad I wasn't reading while this contest was going on.

Are u continuing this?
jktwi chapter 2 . 8/7/2009
loved your story hope you decide to continue it

seraphslastkiss chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
This was beautiful! Outlander is one of my favorite series. You did a fanfastic job with Kiltward... he was yummy! You Rock!
kneon chapter 2 . 7/27/2009
Great story. I have to say it was hard to read with the accents.
Twilightobsessed09 chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Really liked this fic, I admired the strength and the depth of love Bella held for Edward in this. Good Job!
Scorpio11 chapter 1 . 7/25/2009
Very well done. I loved the language. Bella was so cute insisting they marry before Edward left.
stavanger1 chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Very well done, I loved the amount of research you put into this. It showed.

I loved the language, though at times it was hard to understand (cause I'm a dork :)) it helped set the tone for the story!

Very well done :)
tabster20 chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Aww the reunion was so sweet 3
kArlITaLUna chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
Wow! that was so hot and sweet at the same time! LOL Edward going comando and wearing a kilt.. oh dear lord, LOL

i loved it Jen! :D good luck with the contest! :D
sevenmom chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
It took me way too long to get to your story. Life is very crazy with the kids out of school. You did such a great job with the dialogue, I love hearing the scottish dialect in my head.

That was such a sweet story. Kiltward/Jamie is really hard to beat. I loved that they had each other from the very start and that Esme is such a sweet mentor to Bella. You did a great job of mixing the two stories and making me want to give my husband a big ol' hug and wet one when he walks in the door tonight! Thanks for giving me the heads up!

Great job!