Reviews for The Village Idiot
Mali Bear's Buddy chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
I really liked this show and was sorry to see it cancelled. Great job with the dialogue and flow. You really nailed the unique hip-hop essence of the show.
Ica44 chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Gotta love Sketchy. LOL at his putting his foot in his mouth repeatedly, but his observations of Max et al were spot on. Great job!
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Well the tech was the slimy creep who helped Lydecker con Zack. Great take on the cure- and it was even funnier coming from Sketchy. I always figured that Max could get a transfusion and get it cured out of her system- it just never seemed to come up. Oh god- Alec walked in on Max and Logan getting 'busy' ha ha. So, so lucky not to lose parts.

Great story.
Saffygirl chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Lol, awesome story!
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 7/14/2009
Mega-apologies for being so late - but this is just delightful!

Not to kill the artistic buzz with techie comments, there are two really cool things you did here: first, you let us revisit a hated and hugely repeated (and probably overdone) plot issue - the damn virus and its effects - through new eyes, and eyes that, by virtue of how everyone sees Sketchy, allows for a simple, clear, even-newcomers-could-understand level explanation. You had beautiful twists with that too - Alec and OC in particular were spot on, all characters were just right - and very interesting, glowering Logan too! That was a great approach which you did very well.

Second, you were able to take some of the probably-carelessly-written plot points from S2, mix them with some RL science and used it not only to cure the damn virus, but to make it work for your fic. Clever! But even more clever was the way you described the scramble following the sudden understanding that hit everyone, and the various characters' verbal reactions to Sketchy's naive genius. Nice!

You have so many great moments - we never lose that sense of Sketchy having the attention span of a gnat, of the pain not only of the virus but of Max's misleading Logan about her relationship with Alec. What a great story you have here!

Very satisfying and enjoyable all around! Again, sorry to be so late but at least on this end, well worth the wait! Thanks! :D
Heartaches and Cheap Wine chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
This amused me and annoyed me that i hadn't read ti sooner.

"Whats a Virus Bitch?"

That still makes me giggle.

Well done dude, this was awesome!

K

xox
sman chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
wow, no clue how I managed to miss this story but I'm glad I finally managed to stumble upon it.

I loved your Sketchy, really thought he was spot on, his point of view on everything was a nice change of pace.

Funny and sweet.
Crazy About Survivor chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
huh, like it, interesting, very nice
Leroy J chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
:P Another story!

Nice work, not too shabby for being non-beta'd. Interesting POV using sketchy for FN.

Another cure fic! Although, your writing ability keeps me from picking up the phone and calling my lawyer for this. Or else maybe I would HAVE sued your a**.

Nice work.

Bye!
zatl chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
The reason all the transgenics are immune to the virus is they have antibodies that block the receptors for the virus. Nothing can kill a virus, as a virus isn't a living creature.

this might have worked it they had isolated the antibodies in the blood and injected Logan... and found a way to continuously replicate the antibodies in his blood stream so they didn't get all used up... which could possibly work if they got stem cells to target the specific antibodies.

sorry, but I don't see how your reasoning makes sense.

but besides that I loved the story.

I really wish they had just continued on with the series instead of leaving us in the dark and having to make random guesses.
Brian2008 chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
I enjoyed this story. I thought the dialog really captured the personalities of the characters from the TV series.
Aurora2424 chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
I loved this. The premise behind it is solid, but putting it through Sketchy's mouth was pure genius on your part.

I thought this line was particularly funny: "Logan muttered something about babies and mouths, whatever that meant." I just love the perspective on all of this, the humor which comes from the audience knowing more than the character and yet, ultimately having that character surprise the audience through his words. Really good.

Plus your title is gold. Thank you for this!
Mari83 chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Writing in character Sketchy is hard but yours is perfect. This alone:

"He had known Max for almost four years, and she'd never held his hand"

...made me laugh for the rest of the story, but the whole idea and set-up is cool. It’s just like Sketchy to miss the virus when everybody else is probably somewhere in between overaware and annoyed and to miss the signals that it might not be such a good idea to investigate.

"Before he knew what was going on he was slammed against the wall and found himself facing Max.

'Wow, Alec is right, she's really pretty when she's angry...'

“Well, Calvin? I asked you a question.”

I grinned during the whole first part of Max cornering Sketchy and then being cornered by Logan, it first has this perfect S1-humor (down to the detail of Max calling him Calvin), that fun Crash Crew feeling before turning into the whole angst and drama of S2.

Yay for him half-knowingly and half-intentionally finding the cure, would have loved to see their stunned faces on screen.

(And Wigga, new term, although probably just means that I need to watch DA in English more often)
lisa316 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
That was AWESOME! The pacing was great, the premise was original, and your Alec and Cindy were spot on perfect (especially all of Alec's eye rolling), so I love it just for that, but then add to it the fact that Sketchy remembers simple high school biology (and don't even get me started on the stupidity of everyone for not seeing that sooner, I yelled at the television the first time I saw that ep.)and you have a perfect little one shot on your hands.

And I love the end notes and the happy ending where Sketchy got laid. :D Nice work!
latenightrain chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Great title! A rare opportunity for Sketchy the Hero! A great idea and the usual cast of character all fitting together beautifully.