Reviews for The Gown and The Veil
Spiritbreaker chapter 1 . 4/6
...cool ,very good keep writing...
UnknownSoul chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
I honestly don't see why something would have to be rated "T" for religious content. Sexual references, maybe (which is somewhat tied to religious views), but seriously...

Also, being a bit of a "religious" person myself, it's worth noting that the reason for Marriage is specifically brought up in the quote from the book of Genesis.

Also, funny thing: With regards to Old Testament Law, if a man and a woman, both unbetrothed (I.E. weren't pledged to be married), were caught having sex, they were automatically to be married, and divorce was not allowed under this particular scenario, period. :3 (Though, the father of the girl could prevent the man from marrying his daughter and the man who slept with her would still have to pay the fee to the father.)

Granted, Ky Kiske and the Maiden of the Grove are not living in ancient Theocratic Israel with a functional Sanhedrin, so the letter of the law does not apply in this case, but, if Ky wished, he could invoke this as a reason as to why Dizzy should be legally recognized as his wife.

A pretty interesting story to read, though. Short and simple, and it really does seem like things that might go through Dizzy's mind.

Much of the modern wedding ritual is not really Biblical anyway, amusingly enough, though there's always a place for tradition in life, so long as it doesn't become an idol that substitutes for a relationship with God.

(Christianity is simply a matter of accepting God on His terms and admitting to one's own imperfections, and letting the relationship begin from there. There's a lot less ritual involved and a lot more history. It's very personal, for a religion. [Granted, I'm not Catholic. I'm more Orthodox, but I don't identify as being a part of any particular denomination. I prefer going with by-the-book Christianity.])

Hopefully Dizzy can grow to develop peace of mind and start remembering that God would care about her as she is, and that He would seek to build her up and not tear her down. (After all, the whole point of Christianity is that God seeks to rescue people from Judgment, not to condemn them.)

Though life may involve suffering, it is suffering that teaches us humility and how to grow and survive.
(Apologies for being silly. I'm well aware that Dizzy is a fictional character. X3)
Kyro-Dizzy chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Hello again. Truth? I actually read this first, a week or two ago. *Laughs at self.* You can turn something I despise into something funny (religion). Don't get the wrong idea. I learned from my mother's mistake. I don't force people to believe what I do... But I digress. I especially loved Dizzy's innocent questions; namely, "Can I still wear white?" Again, I'd much rather be the one she'd be asking. With all that said, au revoir. (Bet you can't guess what I'm thinking now... Ha ha.)
K Double Prime chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
the best, hehe... It's Ky's fault! hehe love the two so much, ganda, nawa ako sa kanila...
GottvonHoff chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
It's good that you've tackled this very "controversial" topic for your story: the love between a mortal man and a Gear woman is one thing, but for Ky to break one of the most sacred rules of celibacy, even though it's because of his love for Dizzy, is definitely another.

Come to think of it, since Ky is in many respects, a holy man, I think you should have explored his thoughts about this matter more; i.e. his "forbidden" love for Dizzy that effectively compelled him to commit an "Offense Against Chastity" (according to the "Catechism of the Catholic Church"). But I think that's just me.

You've presented Dizzy's "enlightenment" about marriage, chastity, God and love fairly well. And I can see that you are improving on your writing skills.

Keep it up! Kudos to you!
Varen chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Wow... that's quite touching and beautifully pieced together on Dizzy's emotions. She always seemed like the sad type ("Awe of She"), so it's no wonder on how she might felt on her marriage. To be with human life is impossible for her at first, but soon she feels accepted by society, or at least to Ky.
Cypher0120 chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
Have I mentioned this is inspiration for my other fics? Of course I did, hehe.
NeoCriMs0n chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Very sad. But, I really like the Religious parts! You have a very wide imagination! Keep it up!