Reviews for Scales and Arpeggios
Faliara chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
... Oh my god.

That was depressing in its entirety.

._.
Zoey chapter 1 . 8/22/2013
This is so beautiful and sad... I cried at the end. Joshua is a really amazing character and I love your version of his past. Excellent work.
OnCuzImBored chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
That was amazingly well done. Executed exceptionally well, written perfectly, meticulously planned, and masterfully wrought out of pure, sheer, stunning inspiration.
I absolutely loved it. Need I say more?
Infamousplot chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Oh my god...

This is just wonderful. Sad, and a jump at the end, but a wonderfully written fic.

I've always imagined Joshua's parents as both being uncaring and not there, but I love this version of Joshua's mother- loving but sort of... Washed out, like she doesn't have a solid grip on her own life. Obviously she cares about her son and her husband, even if he isn't as perfect as she once thought he was, but she seems to be holding onto an illusion. You captured that very well.

Little Joshua was adorable, and the last part was just very striking. This was very well written, thought out, and this is definitely going on my favs~
Hassini chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
That was very, very impressive.

Little Joshua was cute and in character, I imagine that's how he'd act, and I love how it's from his mother's point of view instead of his. Since we don't know much about Joshua's past, the ending's really realistic. It made me a little teary, actually. D:

-instafav-
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 8/16/2009
Wow that was awesome. That's all I can say.
Stix chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
Wow, this is your first TWEWY fic? It's really good! Keep at it!
Dead Puppies chapter 1 . 6/11/2009
Wow. Just wow.

Really, this blew me away. Just...god...

I'm looking forward to any future TWEWY fics you come out with!
Kiyyt chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
This is most definitely one of the best works that I have found on FF net to date. Note only did you succeed in capturing a realistic picture of a character that is extremely difficult to write, you managed to add a depth to him that is absent in most other works.

And I must say that this is the first work I have read told from the perspective of Joshua's mother. It is a refreshing change from the standard first person reminiscences. By introducing a character that we, the readers, all know exists and having her as the primary one recalling events adds another dimension to Joshua's character by acknowledging and elaborating on his life before he became Composer.

All of this in conjunction with the bittersweet irony of the ending makes this an excellent writing. I greatly look forward to your future stories.
MegaKiraraLover chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
...wow. just...wow.

this is a really powerful story. i enjoyed it. you even made me cry a bit-which is an accomplishment, since, as my friends and family know, i hardly ever cry unless physically injured. again, just...wow.

i just had to tell you i'm really impressed with this story and everything and how, even though it's a oneshot, it's an emotional story. thanks for writing it.

later

-MKL, signing out.

"Life's little crossroads can often be solved by a pull of the trigger." -Joshua, TWEWY
Azalee chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
*grins* Oh, I like this very much. It's very, very like Joshua actually - especially the end. Of course it's strange to see him as a very small kid but I love how he's fascinated by music and being a composer and games already. The pace with the time skips works very well, the end is just great. Very very good :D