Reviews for Love and War
Illucida chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Aw, poor Clark. This was a nice accompanying piece to those episodes. Good work.

boldlikeblack chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
My heart is breaking right now. You're amazing.
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Don't understand why you didn't post this story up before - it's brilliant. Reading through this (even a second time around) gave me the feeling of actually UNDERSTANDING exactly how Clark feels. I loved your non-cliched dialogue and description - it gave off a hot, RAW feeling of emotion, really gave a sense of how he felt about Alicia. While I can't say I know for sure how they would have turned out if she'd survived, you'd be a fool to not see how strongly he felt for her - and you depicted that beautifully.

My favourite part:

"He was seeing her, breathing her, thinking her - the reality of her was overwhelming, crushing, and so painful because he knew she would never be again."

That single sentence is superb, it conveys things more that a lot of exposition and dialogue ever could.

I also loved the reality of his interaction with his parents, because it presented a human side to Jonathan and Martha - for once, Clark showed no deference towards them and it showed. I can understand why he responded in that way, why he ended up throwing her death in their faces - showing them that no matter how much love and well-meaning guidance they give, they DON'T understand him like Alicia did, AND they were wrong. I can't begin to fathom how they looked, or felt, when the reality of the news sinks in. Not to mention, it's a wonderful lead-in to their scene with Clark at the end of the episode proper - while they wanted to comfort him, there was nothing they could say, for once, to comfort him because it would sound like pure hypocrisy coming from their mouths. 'Pariah' is such a tragic, yet beautiful piece.

If there's any reason to dislike the piece, it's that the piece feels incomplete - no resolution with his parents, no connecting it at the end, when he's at her grave with Chloe - but I think that's the point. As a 'deleted scene' this works so well. The fact that Clark is the only one who is shown, here, to be apologetic is very telling.

Give yourself a pat on the back for this - I reckon you earned it. It's a good piece, even if you never thought to refine it or anything of the sort.

SamDeanLove chapter 1 . 7/20/2009
AHH! More.. More.. !
SVCrystalGreen chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Amazing. I loved it!
Rosel chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Oh, so sad and sweet. I just love Clark & ALicia. THis really showed Clark's lonliness and pain and reminded me of that last part of unsafe. It's just so sweet and sad I cry everytime i watch it and I've watched it plenty of times. Great job.
Tigermusic chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
i loved the beginning and cannot wait to read more of it so keep it coming i love aliciaclark :)
Spaniard chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
I loved it. Thanks for sharing
Garces 01 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Loved your story. I agree with the other reviews. The show totally forgot about Alicia, oblivious to the heart-breaking scene when Clark finds Alicia hanging dead. The next we know, he is just like nothing happened. I loved the Alicia character, and I wasn't happy at all when she died.
vodooman chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
this was heartbreakingly beautiful! I love the alicia/clark pairing... and I always wondered that if he loved her so much, why he didn't just ask jor-el to help...

your fic is really great. And i even loved the way his parents didn't understand that clark was shattered... that he was sad about something, and instead just got blinded by their own prejudice against her...

great fic!
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I liked your story a lot. I agree, the authors of the show didn't do Alicia justice, in the next episode it looks like Clark completely forgot about her. And they only mentioned her once, in Fifth season. Just like they did to Kyla Willowbrook.

And I never understood why Kents, normally patient and understanding, were acting completely opposite in the episodes with Alicia. Like Martha in "Unsafe", she completely ignored that Clark was in Red K mode when he married Alicia.