Reviews for Pressing Sail
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
Very good! I understand that saving the universe while breaking every rule in it is officially known as a "Kirk". But...this sudden promotion is not going to be with universal acclamation. Yes, Kirk is going to be Starfleet's new postor boy; but the knives will be out the moment he falters-and it's only Spock's acquiescence that keeps some of those knives from being Vulcan. For all their logic, and dismay that Spock chose Starfleet, they will feel that Spock was passed over unjustly, and the remark Kirk made to Spock dirty pool.

Pike is going to have to watch things at Starfleet, too, since he was the one who put Kirk in charge.

Ah, politics...
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
I love it. That's all I can say. Brilliant.
darrah chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
loved this piece!
AllieMcD chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
i really enjoyed this, along with the other fics in this series, your writing is awesome
Enigmaforum chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Once again you've written another wonderful piece on a character that was a really good part of the movie. I feel that this really highlights the aftermath of what happened in the movie as well as Pike's inner emotions very well. I like the authoritative tone taken on by him here because injured or not he's still a captain. I also really enjoyed reading how he handled himself in your storey. You did a fantastic job yet again.
23roses chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
wow. beautifully done.
Christina TM not signed in chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
I really like this series. I hope you continue it. I really loved the way they rendered Pike in the movie.
Tharin chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
You doing a good job writing the "missing scenes" (or some kind of epilogue) for the movie. I like how you bring in facts about Pike from TOS (like Number One and where she was during the movie).
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I hadn't really considered the real-world ramifications. Well done.
Sonnie chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Nice. I love Christopher Pike. Your decision to include the word "caged" was much appreciated. In most books and movies, the mentor dies and leaves the hero to fill his or her shoes, but Pike is still alive to see Kirk replace, if not surpass him. The captaincy isn't his responsibility anymore, but it will always be his burden. I hope to see more Pike fics!
mlgm chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
I'm very happy to see you turning this into a series. The Captain Pike we see in the movie is very appealing and you capture that very well. I also like the behind the scene/missing scenes you are providing. Can't wait until the media gets ahold of Kirk.

More soon, please?
Kadigan chapter 1 . 6/1/2009
Oh, wow. Sweet and sad and... so very introspective. Ah. I love Pike, as I may have mentioned before, and I'm savoring this series of yours... whenever inspiration strikes, you post it! (Heck, I'll beta if you like! I'm good with grammar and style, but I can't vouch for my character concepts.)

Also, "lock him up and delete the keycode"? I love it when you update slang. :D They *wouldn't* use physical keys anymore - this makes so much more sense!