Reviews for Requiem
Nic chapter 13 . 2/4/2014
Me again. Also, wow again. How are you so good? That was amazing. I'm not entirely sure that your characterization of Ben here entirely lines up with canon but who cares? I certainly don't. The thing about Lost is that the variable interpretation of certain events and characters (especially Ben) is not only expected but also inevitable. The product of having a show so steeped in mystery and individual motivation.

Anyway... The plot was very well-done and the tone very visceral. For all that I think your writing is much less personal than most fanfic writers (and by that I mean less sentimental), your use of the language lends a certain amount of intimacy with the various points of view. Ben's mindscape for instance was intense and deeply disturbing but also made me sympathize with him especially since his desperation and resolution was so palpable.

Your Rainsford, by the way, was a very well done OC. Something that usually fails spectacularly in fanfic.
Tremaile chapter 13 . 8/14/2012
You've captured Ben's character really well, great job. His dialogue and his internal voice, everything's just so perfectly Ben that I don't even know what to say. I especially enjoyed his little chats with Rainsford, at the hotel and then at the dock. And his interaction with Richard, and how in the end the reader can just -feel- the change in Ben, the loss of... trust? The coldness. And his reunion with Alex broke my heart.

You've got it all spot on, your writing is subtle and eloquent at once, not swamped with endless description but giving the reader everything they need to enjoy the ride. Thank you for writing this.
dharma-queen2342 chapter 13 . 12/25/2011
...wow. Ben is one of my favorite characters. I don't "like" him, but I enjoy him, and often wonder about how he came to be the person that he is. Your story helps fill in those questions...thank you :)
Sakura Katana chapter 13 . 1/30/2011
Very good. I really enjoyed reading this fic.
Sakura Katana chapter 4 . 1/29/2011
I absolutely love this, and am very surprised it doesn't have more reviews. One thing that I've really liked, especially in this chapter, is how well you captured Ben's sense of humor.
Geneva Lee chapter 13 . 7/1/2010
So I'm reading your other story After, but then I found this. Holy shit it's brilliant! I seriously love your style of writing. You've very talented. Let me know if you ever publish a book because I'm getting in line to buy it.
solojones chapter 13 . 6/8/2010
I really enjoyed this story. I thought you did a great job of believably portraying how Ben might have evolved in this period of time. And that it was clearly his choice but that he also had other motivations, like trying to please Jacob (so he thought). Sad but true to character. Very nicely done.
Tattersail chapter 13 . 6/17/2009
wow, simply wow. This was truly an enjoyable read. Very well-written, as I've stated a couple of times before. I am impressed.

I especially like how Charles's last lines in the letter echo those uttered by the Man in Black in the season finale of Lost.

Well done.
Tattersail chapter 11 . 6/17/2009
awesome, and very fitting, Dark Tower reference!
Tattersail chapter 10 . 6/17/2009
Holy shit, he got away!

I am glad. Go, Ben, go. Although I seriously dislike the little rat bastard, I really enjoy your story.
Tattersail chapter 9 . 6/17/2009
aiai, he has been caught! What will happen now?
Tattersail chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
another great chapter. I loved the story of the jackal. Did you make that up yourself?
Christini chapter 13 . 6/16/2009
Ah!

It's finished!

I think I might cry. I was enjoying that so much - thank you for writing it!

I was so happy to find new chapters and then I thought there might still be more were it not for that 'fin' at the end. Ugh.

I might go and read it all again :)
Synner1229 chapter 9 . 6/11/2009
I think that you've really nailed the character of Ben. And the way you've brought in aspects of the show while still making it your own is wonderful. Can't wait to read more!
Tattersail chapter 7 . 6/10/2009
A nice little break in the story. I like the little insights into the characters' lives and minds. Can't wait for the Requiem to continue:)