Reviews for A Failing Optimism
M. Louise E chapter 20 . 11/28/2014
Wow. Well written and I enjoyed reading it. :D Awesome.
lmill123 chapter 20 . 8/8/2014
I did enjoy your story except for the final chapter. First it was just more than the dinner Ziva did not invite Tony to, it was all the rest of the treatment he had received from the team ever since Kate had joined and more so after Tim and Ziva joined the team. One simple dinner could not fix all the damage that they had done to him over the years. All the insults and putdowns. Too many times they acted like they cared but to then turn around and stab him in the back. So the ending does not fit. A few days, a few weeks or even a few months is not enought time to undo all the things that they have all said and done. It seems that the only person who you never heard insult, or put down or say hateful cutting remarks had been Palmer. If anyone could get throught to Tony that someone cared it would have to be him. Even Ducky is not innocent of making Tony the butt of what he calls jokes, like calling Tony narssistic and comparing him to a serical killer. Really that description would have fit Abby, Gibbs or Ziva much better than it ever would have Tony. Tony would remember how Abby along with Kate almost cost his not only his job but his career in law inforcement and possibility indanger his life with that fack photo, something that Abby felt she had not done anything wrong with doing. Even during all of Tony's depression and them trying toconvince him they were sorry and didnt' mean anything by it there was still insutls, disrespect and cutting remarks by all of them. Things said and done that would only reinforce Tony's belief that they were just lying to him and that they did not mean it. In many ways their actions were even worse that Tony's family for the simple fact they led Tony to believe that they cared for him and then turned their backs on him unlike his family to never once showed that they had cared for him. The actions of Gibbs and the rest of the team shows you that they need more help than Tony does with his depression. You have to ask just why they think it was okay to treat him in such a way all the time, Why it was okay to blame him for when they screwedup or take credit for work he had done. Why Gibbs can dish out praise to everyone except for Tony. It seems that the realy reason for their actions is a deep seated hate and jealously towards Tony because Tony is in fact a much better investagator than anyone else on the team including Gibbs. Gibbs is filled with anger and he needs someone to be in as much pain as he is or more in order to function to do his job. When you get right to it, Tony is in fact a more caring and has a more loving heart than the rest of the team combined
Kagome Avalon chapter 20 . 12/31/2012
Just so you know I've read a few stories that were full of angst but this one took the cake. I had to keep going back to the first chapter to see the warning - Warnings for a lot of angst. This story had more than a lot of angst it was serevely bordering a lot on depressive. I don't know of anyone who would be able to survive all of that emotional torchure without wanting to end their life, not even Tony.

Saying all of that it wasn't a bad story. It was definitely full of angst, I just think it might have been too much. I kept looking for the silver lining throughout the story. There were some very small rays thoughout but they even seemed really sad. That might be how it is in real life, I don't know, because I wasn't raised like you had protrayed as Tony's childhood life.
prince-bishop chapter 20 . 8/30/2012
mmmmmmmmm interesting,
Suezanne chapter 7 . 4/4/2012
ouch
slip54 chapter 5 . 1/19/2012
Hey,

So one thing I really like about your story so far is the way you show how one thing can be interpreted in so many different ways. Like I feel that Tony's thoughts are just getting darker and darker the more he's thinking about his situation, whereas the rest of the team doesn't even really get that anything is wrong. The inner world of Tony that you have created is one of the most compelling parts of the story, in my opinion.

Just thought I would let you know ]
Kalvinanne chapter 20 . 1/14/2012
wow, amazing story thats all I have to say, phenomenal, I'm soo happy. However, I was sad that we never got to see Tony open up about his childhood. I have to say that I would love to read something by you about TOny coping with Gibbs leaving for retirement. It could be separate or related to this story. Maybe you could start it after Gibbs comes back and just takes his job back from Tony. :(
shadowgrl94 chapter 20 . 10/9/2011
This was a tear- jerker. I loved it :)
Madances chapter 20 . 1/22/2011
Hi,

I read the whole story this afternoon. Thank you.

Tracy
Greysh chapter 20 . 8/13/2010
Nice fic! I enjoyed reading it :)
msdarque chapter 20 . 5/7/2010
I really, really liked it!
Just my kind of story. I truly enjoyed reading it. :D
Congrats and lots of stars!
Ilerre chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Well thanks for your quick reply. If you write a fic where Tony quits NCIS, leaves them all behind for what they did to him or a good fic about Tony not forgiving them so easily or not at all I will read it till the end!
Ilerre chapter 11 . 4/9/2010
I liked it at the beginning but it all came crashing down when for once again Abby came in the picture as the all almighty that everyone loves and don't want to upset. I really don't like her and every fic I read, she's always central about everything and when it concerns Tony he's always doing her biding. They don't have a relationship like that at all in the show. I'm sorry, your story is great but I can't stand her and I won't continue to read it because of it seeing as I don't like where it goes from here and her role that I can't stand in the story. Tony shouldn't forgive her. She did almost worse than the other seeing as she consider himself as her brother but still hurt him knowing it. In every fic I read Tony forgives her easily, hug her, kiss her, everyone is like fucking dogs around her and doing all of her wishes...Sorry, I have so much to say about her character but I really can't stand her!
deetaylsm chapter 20 . 12/20/2009
Wonderful story! I look forward to others.
K chapter 20 . 11/19/2009