Reviews for Without a Paddle
S chapter 2 . 12/10/2012
What a sweet little story.
Griffinesque chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
The interaction between Rodney and Radek is hilarious! I loved the part where Radek thinks that it would just be like Rodney to learn Czech just to spite him! I couldn't help but imagine how Shepard would react if he found out about the misadventure and I almost died laughing when I read the part about Lorne beating the dead horse to death!
Lemon Icee chapter 2 . 7/7/2011
I remember reading this a long time ago, and rediscovering it now and realizing it's YOU who wrote it, I'm so glad :D I loved it then and love it now! Cute little Rodney and Zelenka adventure, not enough of those! I love love love how you depict their erm unique friendship, it's so perfect!
Azamiko chapter 2 . 8/12/2010
Yay birdies!
Lady Talla-doe chapter 2 . 5/8/2010
-chuckles- I thought Ford was the one who was shitty at naming things?

I love your stories. They're so different- ordinary life for them, but nice little adventres for us. Always makes a good read.
Lady Talla-doe chapter 1 . 5/8/2010
XD They're /never/ getting that paddle back.

OH WARD, TO THE CONCLUSION!
Misa chapter 2 . 9/28/2009
What a sweet story :)! I really liked it, your characterization most, but the plot-idea itself was brilliant too.
AlmostHeaven chapter 2 . 7/4/2009
You right a great Radek... Rodney is also done well. Keep writing...
Cindy Ryan chapter 2 . 6/20/2009
I love Radek stories and this one was wonderful. :) Well written, good job.

Loved the polly want a cracker line :)
Proluna chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
I really enjoyed this story, and I laughed out loud a few times too! I think that you captured Rodney's personality very well, it seems like he's a tough character to write. You did an amazing job and keep up the good writing!
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 2 . 6/5/2009
Again, I loved the Rodney/Radek interaction here. Rodney's reaction to Radek finding the stairs, "Good thing we spotted them, huh?" made me laugh, as did their not-so-great attempt at both getting out of the canoe, and the way they both blamed each other for that.

Also liked, 'It would be like McKay to learn Czech just to spite him'.

I loved the fact that the bird they had taken to the water to rescue had been on the sea wall all along, and not really needing rescuing! I really loved Rodney 'distracting' it, that was very funny, and I could exactly picture him saying all of that.

Also liked how Rodney didn't want to admit to liking the bird and wanting to help Radek take care of it, but still tried to pretend he might not have the time once Radek's offer was made!

And I'm still curious about the starfish - a sequel perhaps? I very much liked the ending of this, wonder what Radek may be getting himself into now...
Blue Shadowdancer chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Sorry it's taken a while for me to review this. I really liked the characterisation of Radek here, and I think that he would indeed be the sort of person to enjoy watching birds. I loved all the banter between him and Rodney all the way through this chapter, with Rodney actually being more interested in the bird than he pretended to be, and Radek manipulating him into helping him rescue it!

I have absolutely no problem believing that Rodney would use words that no one else would understand for that very reason! (And feel pleased that I knew what a 'naumachia' is :P)

My favourite section was definitely them trying to get the canoe to go where they wanted it to. Especially Rodney trying to cover the fact that he had been supposed to steer all along.

That 'starfish' sounds horrible, but some species of them really are, I suppose. Loved Rodney's indignation that it was gnawing on 'his' city. And them both losing their paddles was hilarious, especially Rodney instantly turning on Radek. No, he shouldn't have got Rodney to help him!
Mar Komi chapter 2 . 6/3/2009
Rodney is exactly like me around animals: Comfortable with them as long as someone else handles them :-)

BTW, you can tell Rodney that eyeball-juice actually IS nutritious, at least that's what I've heard. Here in Norway we have something called "smalahovud", which is basically a roasted sheep's head, and the eyes are supposed to be the best part. Not that I myself has ever tried it...

Anyway, loved this little story :-)
SomeTaters chapter 2 . 6/3/2009
That was cute! Nice job on the story -

-ST
voyfan7 chapter 2 . 6/2/2009
Aw, but I want to see what happens with the bird and if McKay manages to get that starfish off the city. I would love to see Sheppard's reaction to them getting stuck out there on the lagoon. He never would let them live it down. Great story though! I don't see a lot of stories with Rodney and Radek, but they work so well together. :)