Reviews for Black Orchid
angie chapter 6 . 9/3/2012
What an amazing story this is! I have been a fan of your stories for a long time, but this story is really good, and so heartbreaking at the same time. I hope Luke is able to accept Anakin, and I am curious to find out how Anakin deals with the fact that Caid was in Padme's life. I like Padme as a Jedi in this. Thank you for updating, this is a fantastic story!
Irene Sharda chapter 6 . 9/3/2012
Poor Naboo...well if it wasn't Alderan, it was bound to be Naboo.
I find it interesting that Luke is the obstinate one instead of Leia, as he is the one with his mother's forgiving nature while Leia is the one with her father's temper and stubbornness. Maybe these dark years have hurt him too. Yet, I think that this will lead to a closer relationship between father and son as the two must learn to love each other through experience and sacrifice. Sort of how Luke had to learn to love and accept his father in canon despite what he had done and who he was.

I always did like the relationship between Luke and Vader, and I think that this one will be just as fantastic.
I wonder how Padme is going to explain Caid, and how Anakin is going to be able to fit himself within his family's life. I hope this will not affect his ability to fight the Empire. I loved his dark slaughter of his enemies and I hope the fact that he has a family now doesn't hamper him.

Catana-Si is also one angry woman, and it would be interesting to see Obi-Wan exhibit some righteous anger as well. He has not lost enough in order to be able to understand what Anakin, Padme, and Catana-Si have gone through and how they feel.

Excellent chapter by the way, I await the next!
badkidoh chapter 6 . 9/3/2012
Another great chapter.
general-joseph-dickson chapter 6 . 9/3/2012
A star destroyer can not destroy a planet, however it could slowly raise the planet, ala Telos. Either eay Palpy is an idiot, Anakin went from caged to weak, now Palpy just unshackled the beast, again...
Serina Tsuki chapter 6 . 9/3/2012
OMG, that moment when Anakin met his children brought me to tears! So beautiful! And then so much happened RIGHT at the end! That was a WONDERFUL chapter, Shawn! MORE please!
Padme52 chapter 6 . 9/3/2012
This was so worth the wait, and as always Shawn you never disappoint.
Irene Sharda chapter 5 . 8/15/2012
This is just...there are not enough words to say how awesome this story is. I'm loving Anakin's dark escapades and Padme and Anakin have finally reunited. And such a violent and sensual reunion it was!

I love the fact that you used the dialogue from ROTJ with Padme and Anakin's fight and how hard it was for Anakin to believe that his wife was alive and so are his children. However, I am concerned that this will affect his ability to fight Palpatine since he now has a weakness and something to lose. I hope that we won't lose "dark Anakin" or that he will lose his edge.

I will wait with all the others for the continuation of this incredibly involved, entertaining, full-of-awesomeness story as it goes on!
Irene Sharda chapter 4 . 8/15/2012
Finally Padme believes! And that apology scene was so heart-wrenching and I almost cried. I'm lovin' this dark Anakin! He's not Vader, but he's darker than the man he used to be. I can't wait for the next chapter!
Irene Sharda chapter 3 . 8/15/2012
Wow...and I mean WOW. I never really saw Anakin as hot until this moment. This was soooo awesome, Anakin challenging Palpatine, the fight between Anakin and Vader, the ripping apart of Vader's body, Padme's reaction to his return...Oh mon Dieu! I am so out of breath reading this chapter. This is just amazing. I can't wait till the next chapter.

With both Padme and Anakin set in the fact that the other is dead, will they be able to take the fact that each other is alive. Will they allow themselves to hope?
Irene Sharda chapter 2 . 8/15/2012
I was going to review at the end of the chapters, but I just couldn't wait for this. THIS IS AWESOME!

I have NEVER seen a more mature interpretation of Anakin before. This is a young man who has been broken and thrown into the fire, only to drag himself out and painfully rebuild himself from the ground up with only determination and vengeance to push him on. It reminds me mostly of Edmond Dantes of "The Count of Monte Cristo, as he was only a smart but naive young man who was betrayed and imprisoned and eventually escapes and builds himself up to be a ruthless and determined mature man who is determined to get revenge on all who had wronged him. Though hopefully this goes better this time around than the end of that novel. (I loved the 2002 movie though...)

Padme too has changed and hardened to the evil that is around her, through I do have to ask why people keep trying to make her a Jedi when she is not a force-sensitive? Just something I never quite understand in all these fanfictions.

Now what's going to happen when Anakin finds that his family is not as dead as he thinks? Or that his wife is now shacking up with some male Mary Sue? What will Padme do when she discovers that her husband never turned evil and that he has been imprisoned for 5 years? What will Obi-Wan do?

I am excited to find out!
Fury074 chapter 5 . 6/18/2012
Guri was a recent purchase of Xizor's as of 'Shadows of the Empire'. So her existence only five years after ROTS is wrong.

Please remember the ages of the people you place in your fic. Some of the people you use ere children when this story takes place.
Fury074 chapter 2 . 6/18/2012
Please put the 'E' back in Padme's name.

Qwi Xux would have been a child or infant during this time.
Fury074 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Please return all of the letter 'E's to Padme's name in this chapter.
ClaMiAl chapter 5 . 3/2/2012
Oh, wow, I love this story! I love the angst, the suspense, the action, the drama...and of course your bad ass Anakin! The only thing I found a bit...weird was Padmé suddenly being able to use the Force and becoming a Jedi. I mean, as far as I know, you don't suddenly become Force sensitive, you're born with it. And in that case the Jedi would have sensed that about her. Though I guess, if you squint really, really hard you could say that carrying Force-sensitive children transferred some of their midichlorians to her which resulted in her becoming Force-sensitive. It seems like a stretch to me, though. And then...after only 5 years of Jedi training she's not only already a Knight but close to Master level? That's just...no. Anakin took 10 years to become a Knight and normal Jedi who start training as infants/little children need even longer, if Obi-Wan is anything to go by. But anyway. That's really the only thing I can find to critique in this story. Everything else was really, really cool!

I can't wait to read the next chapter. How will Anakin react to finding out that Luke and Leia are alive? Oh, and what will he think of Obi-Wan and Ahsoka and Padmé's mom not telling him about Padmé being alive? And how will all this effect his ability to take on Palpatine? The fact that he had nothing left to lose was what made him so formidable - or at least it was a big part of it. So now that he realizes that he does have something to lose, will that change things? Ohhh, I can't wait to find out! I hope you update soon!
jmeec316 chapter 5 . 2/21/2012
Wow. Power chapter. One of the more intense reunions I have ever read. Very vivid. Explosive. It surpassed my expectations; I can't wait to see the contrast in emotions Anakin experiences when he meets the kids. Update soon!
133 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »