Reviews for WVBA Megazine: Special Interviews!
ChocolateyGenesis chapter 4 . 8/13/2009
YEZ! Punch-Out section! Heck yeah! Good job dude.
Mugiwara Gorillaz chapter 4 . 7/30/2009
Well, I like this story so far. I think I should say something about Gabby, though. He's French. The way you wrote about him, he seems like some American nerd.

Ah well, about the other chapters, you did a great job. I'm glad Glass Joe is that determined, and acknowledges Mac as a skilled boxer. Von Kaiser was great, too. Kid Quick was right; the dude DOES have issues! XD I love it!

So, again, my one recommendation: Do some more research on some of the characters. You can go to the Punch-Out Wiki. Link: punchout.
Derpula chapter 4 . 6/28/2009
I just finished reading your Gabby Jay chapter, and while I liked it, I thought it's not as strong as your other chapters - some things drew me out of it. I understand that it's your interpretation of GJ, but I do think it comes across as a little odd for an old man to use words like 'totally' and make geeky, modern-day references - he comes off as a teenager and I can't reconcile the idea that an old man might speak like that. Unless, of course, he is vehemently denying his old age to the point of really emulating the youth of his day (which, given some of his statements, is probably the case). The inane chatter is a great touch, I have to say (especially, the segue into 'bad driving') - maybe if he mentioned things *he* thought were modern but are quite old to us (Pong comes to mind, heh), I would have enjoyed it a little more. That said, I look forward to reading more. Very keen on seeing crazy ol' Aran Ryan up here, eventually. Peace, and good work.
bdun chapter 4 . 6/28/2009
HAHAHAHA! i guess thats why they call him "Gabby" Jay.
JHFTS chapter 4 . 6/27/2009

*Puts on Alert list*
Yaoi Huntress Earth chapter 2 . 6/22/2009
Poor Joe is going to be a bloody smear in that mentioned Bald Bull match. But I'm really enjoying this series and you got some good depth on Glass Joe. Can't wait to see your takes on Disco Kid and Aran Ryan (I could just imagine the blue streak he'll be throwing.)
Alex Warlorn chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
: / / e n . / Many of the gimmicks and moves done by the Punch-Out boxers are actually illegal in typical boxing (including Little Mac going up against opponents twice his size and weight). This implies that the World Video Boxing Association runs by much looser rules and by that virtue is naturally more dangerous.

But the WVBA ignores this rule, apparently to make the fights last longer.

This shows that Little Mac is enters a boxing circuit that is just plain dangerous!

And Soda Poplinski holding a drink that could accidently be smashed into his face is again against all combat sports logic, but again the WVBA lets this slide. Apparently considering novelty over safety.
Alex Warlorn chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
Cool! Can we get an interview with Iron Mike? Mr. Dream was never as cool a final boss.
flashgunner chapter 3 . 6/12/2009
Man you are definitely putting time into this. You've got their personalities down perfect so far.
DelinquentDuo chapter 3 . 6/12/2009
I can't wait til you do Super Macho Man!
DelinquentDuo chapter 2 . 6/12/2009
I've never even heard of Kid Quick. I had to look him up on YouTube.
bdun chapter 2 . 6/8/2009
hm. very interesting. i like it.
flashgunner chapter 2 . 6/8/2009
WOW Kid Quick? i didn't expect that one... i feel old for recognizing him lol, once again i like where this is going.
Screaming Dean chapter 2 . 6/7/2009
This was a pretty good read. I really liked it.
brickthrower 21 chapter 2 . 6/4/2009
man, you did kid quick? you really know your stuff, dude! But I am suprised that you didn't reference this crazy afro or his bucktooth. didn't want to offend anyone, huh?

Kid quick did have a gimmick- you couldn't just jab him left and right like everyone else. you had to hit him right, right, left, left, or left, left, right, right. otherwise he blocks. but this guy only appeared in the arcades, so i'll let that slide. another job well done. now do Von Kaiser as soon as possible! or else I will conquer you!

(also, is it just me, or would a Ranma/punchout crossover work really well?