Reviews for The Commentary on TOS for KS
scaryfangirl2001 chapter 48 . 10/13/2021
i wish you had continued this. i love reading your thoughts throughout the series, and i love that you wrote them in order of the production order, chrono, how it SHOULD be viewed. so i wish you continued more but thank you nonetheless
AnonmoooseFan chapter 48 . 10/6/2021
I just wanted to say I’ve been reading these since the beginning. I have many good memories of being snuggled on the couch with an episode up and reading your commentary inbetween the next one.

So I don’t know if you get these notifications, but I implore you to please return to this project! I can’t stand the thought of you not coming back and bringing your amazing, hilarious, incredibly entertaining insight to the rest of the series. It’s my birthday, Christmas, and New Years wish all in one lol. Pretty pleaseeee
SlytherpuffGryffinclaw chapter 1 . 7/14/2021
(((This isn't a romantic gesture, he just has a SOUL.)))

Iconic.
Lacalamine chapter 26 . 6/26/2021
Oh my God Brittany! YOU MADE MY DAY with this. Where are more episodes plus the movies being commented by you? You promised but I searched the whole net and still cannot find them...
Love you! Greetings from Belgium, Petra
WeirdLittleStories chapter 28 . 5/8/2021
Actually, there are TWO beds in that room. They don't show us the whole room, so it IS hard to see the second bed, but in one shot, you can see both sides of the foot of one bed and the footboard post of a second. (Not that it seems as if poor Spock is sleeping much, what with working for money all day and working on his device at night.)

If they let us post screenshots here, I could show you. Go to the Trek Core website, and under the Images tab, chose "The Original Series (HD)." Find the entry for "The City on the Edge of Forever." On page 17 of the CotEoF screenshots, there are three columns of pictures. In the third column, the third picture down shows Spock sitting at a table working on his equipment while Kirk is just entering the door with his bags of groceries. In the foreground, you can see the footboards of TWO beds.
kazqiin chapter 38 . 3/14/2021
I noticed something interesting about the discussion of love in this episode... Chekov's girlfriend says “when a man and a woman fall in love” when discussing children, but when asked to define love, she just says "two people" with no genders specified. Um, HUH? Idk about anyone else, but to me that gives off the distinct impression that manwoman is only a type of love, not the whole thing.
Fascinating. How very sneaky of you, Star Trek.

(obviously platonic and familial love exist too, but this conversation is specifically about romantic/sexual love, so I don't think the "well she might have been talking about something other than romance" excuse applies)
idiot-inator chapter 25 . 3/8/2021
this episode came on tonight. aww... I love this commentary. jealousy and fighting to get off the happy pills/spores. I love him and spock and the enterprise crew
FanfictionIsAWayOfLife chapter 27 . 2/21/2021
I love your commentary so much! It never ceases to make me laugh and fangirl as the episodes go on. You point out so many things I did not either notice or fully analyze, and for that I am extremely grateful. Your level of fangirling is one I truly aspire towards.

I have one thought about this episode that I don’t think you covered. Since there are so many reviews, I am not going to check to see if anyone else already pointed it out. I apologize if they already did and what follows is useless in that regard.

You said that Kirk grabbed Spock’s wrist instead of his hand because of 60s homophobia. I submit that he grabbed Spock’s wrist instead of his hand out of deference to Spock’s Vulcan heritage. The two touch often by this point, but not hand-to-hand. What are hands to Vulcans? Extremely sensitive areas that only select individuals are allowed to touch. To suddenly grab Spock’s hand would have been out of the question for someone who does not want to violate his personal space. Jim cares deeply for Spock, and as such, he would find such a violation unthinkable. I believe this care and understanding would translate into an (un)conscious shift in where he grabs him, changing it from the normal point of hand-to-hand contact to hand-to-wrist contact, where he can keep him close/drag him along all without causing him any form of discomfort.

Additionally, the only times I remember the two holding hands (off the top of my head) are 1) when Spock stopped Jim from punching him that one time and 2) when Spock is laying in the hospital bed and describing to Jim the “simple feeling” V’ger couldn’t understand. They’ve spent even more time together developing their feelings by that point in the movie, so it makes sense that they might not be there yet when this episode happens and Jim grabs Spock’s wrist.

Maybe he didn’t look into Vulcan culture as much as I think he would for Spock, but I still think Jim would notice Spock’s aversion to hand-on-hand contact by that point in their mission. I just think the action shows more consideration and care for Spock than you give an intelligent and perceptive guy like Jim credit for.

Either way, thank you very much for your wonderful project! It is truly a treasure to read even eleven years after it was first published. Very well done 3
scaryfangirl2001 chapter 17 . 1/5/2021
that massage scene is truly iconic
scaryfangirl2001 chapter 16 . 1/5/2021
i am very depressed right now but your writing is uplifting and I am so happy to have found this work you do/did
scaryfangirl2001 chapter 15 . 1/5/2021
oh my damn
scaryfangirl2001 chapter 14 . 1/5/2021
fuckin' a
scaryfangirl2001 chapter 13 . 1/5/2021
made me laugh so much i love precious human moments with spock
scaryfangirl2001 chapter 11 . 1/5/2021
omg i love that scene where spock initiates the flirting
scaryfangirl2001 chapter 10 . 1/4/2021
gah... i am so going to use this analytical fic thing as research when I start writing my spirky-ness! spirk... sounds like spork. but imma still gonna call it that. better than saying kock, lol
3,056 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »