Reviews for The Deserter's Lullaby
delia cerrano chapter 3 . 8/15
Sad...tragic...these chapters will stay with me waaaay to long. That's why I only read "happy" stories. Well written and very thought and emotion provoking though.
KuroitsukiNoMai chapter 3 . 6/8
... Why do you do this to me. You write the saddest, most beautiful stories and I'm sitting here crying like an idiot. My roommate was actually concerned. How do you do this.
Also, it would be incredible for anyone to maintain a level of sanity after that long with no living contact, I think. It's not unbelievable - in fact, I think you wrote it so well that instead of being disbelieving, I found myself admiring Draco's strength (as written in this story). Sign of a good writer :) Thank you so much for sharing this!
Reader chapter 3 . 12/15/2014
There are meanings in your stories; they're hidden and in the open at once
Carling chapter 3 . 3/6/2014
How is that you wrote stories with such sad melancholy subjects and often have your main character die, yet I walk away feeling content like I'd just read a happy ending? It I k it's because you set them free when they do finally die and it's like they really do move on to the cliche of "a better place."

Look at Harry, still alive. That village is prison, not a refuge. And like a prison guard, he shot the escapee. If he'd had any sense he would have asked Draco to take him to Paris, too.
fanficchica123 chapter 2 . 6/21/2013
I've read about three of your stories before and just as always, your writing amazes me... Powerful, haunting and symbolic, your stories bring a deeper meaning to the idea of an apocalypse and the need for survival... Absolutely beautiful...
looooooooord chapter 3 . 7/28/2012
That was... Hauntingly beautiful. I have tears in my eyes. And I feel sad because nearly all of my fictional loves have perished. Seriously, I swear, I'll have nightmares about this.
honourary weasley chapter 3 . 5/7/2012
Oh wow. The imagery in this one was heartbreaking. So utterly desolate... wow.
Phoenix chapter 3 . 10/9/2011
I can't express the way i feel about all of your stories... they are heart wrenching,joyful,depressing,thrilling... You're just someone that I can see becoming an author because you have a truly amazing way of making people feel 100 different emotions at the same time.. You are going to go far in life, and I really applaud the way you write... You're amazing

ABANDONED ACCOUNT 999 chapter 3 . 6/13/2011
Your language is lovely.

I love how you wrote their greeting, and how Draco let Harry ride on his broom.

("There used to -be- fifty of us,") Sorry for being a nitpick. Did you do that on purpose?

That's so sad, that they have to stay there because if they leave, they could be killed.

Nowhere left to go.

That idea is so powerful. That section is written beautifully, with such descriptive language.

The ending, when Harry killed's so powerful, heart-wrenching, harsh...Draco feels like it's better to be dead than to be trapped.

And somewhere in France, Pansy's letter finally came loose from its place in the Eiffel Tower and flew away towards the newborn day.

I love the repetitive theme of letters. It's such a symbolic, lovely piece.
ABANDONED ACCOUNT 999 chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
It's so deep; the idea that the belongings in the house were painful for him to see, because they were full of memories of human beings.

That the muggles blame the wizards, and are angry at them. And I love the idea that Draco is still writing letters.

But no voice came, no birds sang, and the melancholia deepened slow and steady like a child's lullaby.

That sentence is beautiful, and it's so descriptive.

Your writing style is so beautiful, and flowing.
ABANDONED ACCOUNT 999 chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
That's beautiful.

I love all your metaphors, similes, and symbolism.

I like the idea that there was a tempest that destroyed everything.

It's bittersweet; the idea that Draco is writing letters that he'll never be able to send.
insiebbegehrest chapter 3 . 5/27/2011
Oh goodness this was so sad, but excellent as always. All of your stories are brilliant and I just absolutely love them.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 3 . 12/12/2010
Scarletty chapter 3 . 11/29/2010
That was intense.
the author formerly known as chapter 2 . 11/2/2010
I have reviewed this before, quite a while ago actually, but because I can and because I've stumbled across this story once more, I will review again.

I love this piece. It's interesting because while this and your piece Slow Hands are quite different, I find funny little similarities between them. Even in your first few lines. "Nearly everybody died... NEARLY everybody..." I kind of feel a sense of almost potential for emnpowerment. Much of this piece seems to be focused on the fact that Draco kind of wanders and doesn't quite realize that he isn't dead, so he should be living (same as in Slow Hands). But in this piece Draco never does get over it, yet I find that it is the best way for the story to end. It is very touching, very well-written, perfectly thought out and executed, and most of all a good read. Thank you for bringing it into the world.