Reviews for Throwing Down the Gauntlet
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 5/15/2014
good
Anazarel chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Loved it! It's nice to finally see well written Kirk-Spock interaction without slash.
Crazy Hyper Lady chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
Haha! I freaking love this. I'm quite partial to their wonderful chess matches. :) Excellent job!
Kountry101 chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
I love your writing with character interaction! Perfect banter between these two. I could so see this happening.
CommChatter chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
So who won? Good job as usual.
NadaZilch chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
:D Loved it. Very intense and introspective.
AngelQueen chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
Oooh, nice! You did a great job writing Spock's perspective on Jim, and in laying the foundations for building a friendship between them. I love it! Great job! Thanks for sharing!
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Finally! This is the first story featuring chess where Jim had a chance of winning! I appreciate the new story twist of Spock besting the captain in a fight, but in every aspect? that's just a reversal of the original issue and boring to boot. I love it when they compliment each other! Thanks for the read. I enjoyed this one.
marblepanda chapter 1 . 1/14/2010
Very cute and totally in character! This is such a fun read!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/29/2009
And the game's afoot! Now there's an acceptable outlet for Kirk's aggressive instincts which also helps him bond with a first officer that he really, really insulted in order to win the conflict with Captain Nero. He's very lucky that Spock is there to help him, and not deepsix his career in a way that a subtle, hostile one could do rather easily.

Good one-shot.
graceandfire chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
I just wanted to comment that you have GREAT Spock voice. It's the perfect blend of curiosity, formalness, good intentions and occasional sly humour.
Dustfinger's cheering section chapter 1 . 6/17/2009
I love it! Hope theres more to come!
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
I love how you're completely in Spock's head throughout this exchange! Even to the precision of closing the distance to one-half meter...lovely. As I read, I can completely see the ST09 characters, rather than their older counterparts.
darrah chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
another good one! :)
IluthraDanar chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
I liked this one. And since we know that Kirk, on occasion, could beat Spock at 3-D chess, just makes it all the cuter. You've captured the essence of the characters as well. Very nicely done!