Reviews for Inevitability
Okay. Beautifulness.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
Please write a sequal!
sansadarling chapter 10 . 11/2/2012
Everything's perfect because Marian didn't die but... WILL! oh, my poor darling, did he really have to die too? great story though ;)
Arocksprpl2 chapter 10 . 12/21/2011
that is so sad!
Arocksprpl2 chapter 7 . 12/21/2011
Great chapter! Where did you find the words for arabic? Cuz I've never heard anyone call someone 'anesah' before. But then again i haven't been to jurusalem before. they might talk differently...
Arocksprpl2 chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
YAY! THis is just what i thinking! I mean it's not impossible to save her! THank you!
TheseBigBlueEyes chapter 10 . 11/12/2011
Plz make a sequel!story was great!
PercabethFanatic chapter 10 . 8/26/2011
Updateeeeeeeeeee! Pretty please?
Novindalf chapter 10 . 7/5/2011
Ohhh...

So pleased to see this back, but at what cost? Will's dead, Djaq's grief is heart-breaking ('pressed to the bows as if she might pass through the wood altogether' had me in tears), and the concept that 'The Sheriff will still be trying to kill us. Gisbourne will still claim my birthright as his own. The poor will still be taxed to the brink of starvation. And we will still just have half a dozen of us' is so bleak that I'm not sure whether to smile or cry at this final chapter!

Beautifully done though, as always )
ShakespeareSchoolGirl chapter 9 . 6/6/2011
I loved your story... until the end. That ending, to quote Little John, I did not like! SSG
Jammeke chapter 5 . 6/29/2010

The Sheriff of Nottingham had immediately claimed the bed.

Hah, of course he did. Nice chapter-opener. Despite my dislike of him, I really like the Sheriff. Does that make sense? Maybe I just love to hate him.

Oh for goodness' sakes, Gisbourne, would you perk up a bit! Who cares if you killed her?"

Robin Hood? The people of Knighton, of most of Nottinghamshire? Guy of Gisbourne? Guy could not answer with any of these responses.

Oh, the beauty of that paragraph. At least the writers had the decency to show a seriously messed up Guy in the beginning of season 3. He cared so much for Marian, I like the way you described the impact of her 'supposed' death.

I loved the conversation between Guy and the Sheriff, about her being the nightwatchman and misleading him all along... and Guy feeling like an idiot for believing she would never betray him again. I suppose love will do that to people.

"Exactly! And now she's dead! He's going to be on the murderous rampage now! You've just sentenced us to death, Gisbourne!"

I can't properly express how much I loved that sentence. It's so much in character for the Sheriff, and so very true. I liked the realization that Robin went mad because of Marian's 'death' in the first season finale. Nice touch to the story.

"Ah well," the Sheriff sighed. "It was nice knowing you. You were useful, sometimes, even if you were more bird-brained than my canaries."

Haha, right after where the Sheriff told Gisborne Hood wouldn't kill him, the Sheriff, but Gisborne... a perfect addition. Actually, a perfect part of a perfect conversation. You even threw in the 'a clue' comment, which, really, never gets old.

He could give Marian her lover in death, and surely this would be the best way to assuage his guilt. If Hood ended up in hell rather than in heaven with her, then that wasn't his fault.

Well, what to say other than: you're a genius. Seriously. Now that's some impressive logic of Gisbourne... (not) but very touching.

Well... I look forward to Guy and Robin's reunion! _ Provided you take it that far. Thanks for this chapter, I liked it a lot. Which you must have noticed by now.
Jammeke chapter 4 . 6/29/2010
I'm back for another chapter. So, here goes.

"The only woman who would dare keep the King waiting," Robin branded her with a grin.

True, that. Funny line, and I also liked the 'he was learning' line, which made it clear that Robin doesn't make decisions without consulting Marian anymore... well, not as often as he did at first anyway.

I loved that John was 'surprisingly helpful' in making the wedding dress. I actually thought that was very believeable. I only wish we would have learned more of his character in the show.

Haha, and Will become the watchman to prevent Robin from seeing the dress? Brilliant. I also liked that Robin wore his old tenue. Ah well, he looks good no matter what he wears, right?

Oh, I loved the scene in which Robin asked Much to be his best man. Much just couldn't stop talking. It was brilliant and I loved it so much.

And I think it was a good decision to have John give Marian away. I can't think of a more fitting role, he really is a father figure in the series.

I'm glad Allan and Will got to play their part in the wedding as well. One big (happy at times) family. _

Surely she was going to die now, of bliss.

Haha, I loved this line. So funny, and horrible, considering what happened on the show.

Aw, and they were pardoned. The only thing I didn't like about Robin's death (because really, how could he live on without Marian) was that he never got pardoned. You just made up for that!

Jammeke chapter 3 . 6/28/2010
I read your message. Ah well, I'll read and enjoy what you have so far then. I agree about season 3, it felt like an altogether different series to me. But my love for Robin's character pulled me through it. Oh, and the members of the old gang made up for the new unpleasant faces... though I thought Tuck was a nice addition to the show.

The short reviews you mentioned? Yup, been there... never done that. ;) I guess it nice of people to leave reviews at all (many don't), but I like the longer reviews myself, so I try to give long reviews as well. I'm glad you feel the same way.

On to chapter 3.

Such a momentous happening, and all Robin could think of to say was, "Hello."

Mwhaha. Aw, Robin. *shakes head fondly*

"He cares about the rest of you, too," she said. "He just cares about himself a bit more."

That's Allan right there. A wonderful view on his personality and what drives the man in one sentence. Congrats!

"I'd better make another bed then," Will said, smiling. Marian smiled back.

"Why?" Allan asked. "Don't tell me Djaq's started using her one."

"Allan!" Djaq and Will chorused.

"And anyway," he pressed. "We've got a married couple now. No extra bed needed!"

"ALLAN!"

Seriously. I love this part. It's so... fitting. And brilliant. I'm running out of things to say, I feel like I'm repeating myself, but... great characterization?

The news about Marian's womb came as a surprise to me. I was actually expecting a pregnant Marian. Your version's more interesting though. It will sure test their love for each other. But it won't force them apart. I think. ;)

I'm going to bed now. But I will read the other chapters tomorrow.

Jammeke chapter 2 . 6/28/2010
I really like your writing style. Have I mentioned the great characterization yet? No? Well, I do now. Everyone's dead on. I liked the bickering between Robin and Djaq in the beginning. I can only imagine how many times she must have stitched him back up after a mission gone south. I truly wish there were more episodes. Great stories like yours make up for the lack of television action!

Allan snorted slightly. "Not being funny, but I bet this isn't how you imagined your wedding night."

You killed me twice in ten minutes. Not a nice thing to do. But I still love you for it.

The major surprise was that Robin escaped unscathed. Djaq theorised that it was because he had fought off such a bad infection before that even her cooking couldn't hurt him now.

Oh dear. Great characterization and believeable plot lines that didn't make it to the show's final cut, anyone? Brilliant description of their lives as outlaws.

It's goat," he admitted with distaste, handing the dish over.

"Better than squirrel," Djaq ruled.

"It's not squirrel!" Much exploded.

See comment above. And add to that: hilariousness. Yes, that's a word. I just created it. Seriously, little hints to the show like this make me want to hug this story. It seems so real... it could easily have been canon. If only... Ah well, they're together now, too, right? Right? ;)

I love the reference to the Kaleela night. I'm glad your Robin is more considerate of Much' feelings than the season 3 version of Hood (who, despite the major changes in demeanour, I still loved... I have it bad, I'm afraid... but Robin's such a great character, and I love your take on him!)

Like the good night scene. Yes, Marian's his wife. I love to hear him say that.
Jammeke chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
"And everything was how it was meant to be". - true, that.

Though I have grown to accept and even like the traumatic events in the series (I guess accepting Robin's death was easier after Marian's death), because it was so tragic and beautiful, the love that could never be in life (yep, I agree that they're together in heaven... even though I don't believe in heaven... because there's no way this beautiful couple didn't reunite at the end of the show... but I disgress), I like your version better. I guess I prefer them alive. Oh well, they can always end up together in heaven after that, right? ;)

"Thank the Lord," said Much.

"And Allah," Will added.

That quote killed me. Seriously. I liked Much and Djaq's conversation about Allah in season 1 (and I'm pretty sure Allah's mentioned more often in the series), so I really liked the way you wrote it into this story.

I'm going to read the next chapter now, so I won't be bothering you for much longer. I'm glad I made you smile with my last review by the way. I meant every word I said.