Reviews for He Doesn't Like Anything, Much
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
Poor Severus...
Valmarien chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
That's heartbreaking. And really well written. I shan't forget this scene easily.
duj chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Insightful. Poor Severus "embraced with anti-touch".

I don't believe in Lily's "truly good, for real ... goodness". She seems pretty ordinary to me in canon - a princessy kid who deigns to accept his worship and his superior knowledge but regularly blames and scapegoats him instead of supporting him. By fifth year, she can't even be bothered to seek him out after a near-death experience ... or ask about it when they meet ... or let him tell her when the subject comes up.
waterside chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Short and powerful. I can see and feel how it happens. I like the "anti" concept, it describes Severus very precisely. The whole story is moving but the ending is especially moving, when Severus thinks he will never be like his father.

I agree that deep down Snape was grateful for the smallest kindness (Lily, Dumbledore, perhaps even Narcissa), as he knew so little of it.
whitehound chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Very well written. In truth Lily didn't treat him very well either - but he was so starved for affection that any kind of warmth seemed marvellous to him.