Reviews for Illusions
GrammarDemon chapter 3 . 4/30
Well done! Great story. :)
SPNReadingManiac chapter 3 . 4/29
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review : April 2016

What a treat to read a story with such terrific lore and use of imagination to draw out the fears of both brothers through the hunt. I was fascinated enough by your empusa/mormo to go looking around for the origins. Description was well done, presenting vivid visualisations for each scene, and a strong sense of mood to match poor Sam's fears. A disappointment to find yet another thing "the gun that'll kill anything" won't kill but well justified here and a pleasure to see the canon points brought up to close any other possible loophole/choices. I would say the brothers could add 'rummaging in memories' as another skill of the mormo if they add the monster to John's journal. The characterisation of Sam was off for the period and events, I was expecting more desperation and anger and the growing 'end justifies the means' attitude he was developing at that point, but that didn't detract from the plot or delivery. Well written and very enjoyable!
SPN Mum chapter 3 . 4/2
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review - April 2016

This story was a fun read. I enjoyed the interaction between Sam and Dean a lot. Sam not wanting to confess to Dean that he felt safe with Dean, then putting up with Dean laughing at him and calling him a girl, was wonderful. The way you brought out Sam's fears more intensely each time he fell under the mormo's spell was very believable. I think you did a wonderful job, and the story didn't come across as too much AU. My only criticism is that I would have liked to see some of Dean's point of view, each time that Sam fell under the spell.
shee1 chapter 3 . 3/29/2014
Type your review for this chapter here...
Kittyfan12 chapter 3 . 12/10/2013
I love it! It might be less inspiring, more it more...umm...heart-string tugging...I think that's how to phrase that. Yeah. I love this regardless. Like, really really love this. The creature, Sam's hallucinations, how you managed to get just the right amount of humor mixed in there. love it
monkeymuse chapter 3 . 12/26/2011
outstanding
monkeymuse chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
So far I love this fic! love when Dean is a superhero!
ccase13 chapter 3 . 9/21/2011
This was an excellent story. I like how Sam believes that he's safe when he's near Dean. I don't think the story loses effectiveness because we now know Dean went to hell. Sam tried his best right up until the end.
Coragyps chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Oh man, I've been looking EVERYWHERE for this story! I remembered everything about it, except, you know, the title, summary, and who wrote it. Seriously, I tried all sorts of different search terms before finally I found it favorited somewhere else. It's SO good! I love that Dean is Sammy's superhero. Thanks for sharing it, obviously I REALLY enjoyed it.
KayValo87 chapter 3 . 8/21/2010
Great story. :)

I loved how accurate it was with Dean dropping the girl at the bar when he realized Sam was in trouble, that Dean was Sam's safety net, that the thing that scared Sam most was losing Dean ...

Over all, I just loved the story. :)
Crimson Ivy chapter 3 . 3/29/2010
I always appreciate stories with new kind of monsters. :) It is great to read about something original :) Empusa/mormo was great! :D

I love the idea of Dean being a light, a personification of safety :) It is so sweet and true! :)

The whole “skank” history made me laugh! :)

Dean: Dude, did she just call us skanks? (...) Who the hell calls someone a skank? That's gotta be the lamest insult ever. Sounds like something you would say.

Nice job, thank you! :)
SammysTeam chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
Heh, there, I read everyone one of your stories. You are definitely one of the best and most original writers I've ever seen! Everything's so realistic and BEAUTIFUL! ;D
Lilynette chapter 3 . 12/21/2009
What a wonderful story! Of course, it would have been even better if it had been 15 or so chapters but oh, well... ;P

I am in love with your writing. Please give us another story soon! You are a fantastic writer.
lucym chapter 3 . 12/1/2009
Oh man, this is just a gorgeous fic! I don't understand how you're so consistently great, but I am truly grateful for yet another wonderful chapter in the boys' lives as told by one of the best writers in the entire fandom.

This story in particular really pulls at my heartstrings - I am a total sucker for stories which show me just how much the boys love each other and understand one another. Like Sam was quickly able to tell the real Dean from the shapeshifter Dean in "Skin", I truly love how even when Sam is stripped almost entirely of his senses, he still finds his way to Dean. And better yet, he knows to trust Dean, and that's simply the product of the love and understanding that he's accumulated for his big brother over the years. And vice-versa - Dean just knows what to say to put his brother at ease. They simply know one another, completely.

Even when threatened with the utmost of grievances (I truly felt horrible for Sam having to go through those events with the mormo - ranging from those dogs biting him to that monster using Dean as bait, knowing full well that it would terrify Sam to his very core, and I have to admit, I was right there along with him) - Sam still manages to come through, and it's all due to the trust that he has for Dean. These brothers can withstand anything, and I ADORE how you write them. I truly feel like I'm reading about Sam and Dean here, the characterisation is just spot-on and it makes for a truly beautiful read.

Sigh. I love how much these brothers love one another. And I love your writing! DUDE, YOU'RE AWESOME. PLEASE CONTINUE WRITING FOREVER. Thank you and goodnight! :D

(btw, do you have any other sites that host your fanfic, like an LJ perhaps? I haven't missed any of your fics, have I? lol, the knowledge that there might be more of your fics out there that I haven't read scares me :P)
ziggy.uk chapter 3 . 10/26/2009
It made no difference that this was AU and would have loved this story to have been an epi! Could just imagine them making that curse box with their arms linked to keep Sam's contact and, therefore, his senses, and getting comments from those going to and from the bar. A stroke of luck they were at a bar and crates were abandoned outside! Loved how they finally got the mormo into the crate and decided to take it to their dad's lock-up, a place that has never been used to its full potential in the series. And typical Dean's comments about not being happy to have the crate containing the creature in the back of his 'baby'!

A really entertaining read, loved it.