Reviews for Guiding Star
Reius Devirix chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
I like the setting and the unusual choice of characters you put together. I don't even think that there's been an instance on either the show or the movie that Wash and River has said one word to each other. Has there?

However, I think it's absolutely stupid that Wash would have been picked to stay with Jayne and River in the boat. It makes no sense for him to be there. Why would Serenity's pilot be off the ship when there's trouble? Would have made more sense if it had been Mal or Zoe. Even Shepherd Book would have been a better choice plot-wise. All the job entailed was looking after River and pressing a button. Nearly everyone else on Serenity would have been a more appropriate choice. Surely, Wash would have had more important piloty things to do?
Time and Fate chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
I loved the story. It'syfavorite kinda fic, just taking the characters and putting them in new situations
Mackon chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
That was a great little fic, thanks for sharing.

er you might want to change that character tabs to just Wash or just Jayne, the way this site is heading it makes it look like a slash piece.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
This was a *good* story. Everyone nicely in character and their interactions very true, very believable.
BigT1587 chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
That was pretty good. The story. The characters voices. You nailed them all . I look forward to reading more of your work.
Leven Kemal chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
This is so fun, with a lot of great fresh ideas. We don't see just these three characters interacting very often, and you've made them work here as an effective, if freakishly off-kilter team, completely out of all their elements.

Very funny with some nice tension, and very in character. And, personally, I always appreciate a good Wash POV story.

Thanks for the great read.

Leven
RionaEire chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Great great great great, need I say it again, this story was great. I smiled at the funny parts and held my breath at the scary parts and I loved how they got rescued, its so farfetched that it was perfect and if it would happen to anyone it would be them. :) I liked how you had the elements of a castaway story, the raft, the storm, the ration disputes, stars, sea monsters. The grenade was great too, though most castaways don't have them. :) And you wrote all the charactors very well, they were all done right and I appreciate that. Things that were extra funny were Wash's new desire to eat marshmellows, Jayne's annoyance when Wash said back and forth, and you wrote River very well, she always does save the day doesn't she? The part about Vera at the end was really funny. Overall a great story, going in my the dynamic of the three of them in a closed off place, unable to communicate with the outside world was so humorous, great stuff and classic.

Riona
Sue Penkivech chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Ha! I honestly couldn't picture a Wash/Jayne/River fic, but this was just perfect! Thank you for the gift!
JonathanS chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Enjoyable story. I really liked it. You captured the characters well including the last line with Jayne. Congrats.