Reviews for Planet of the Dead REVISED
goldacharmed chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
I loved your story! Did you copy a transcript of the show or did you type it up biased on what you heard and saw when watching it? I love how you made one of the fly things survive this time. The dioloige you added was so in character that I couldn't tell if it was you on from the show!
TimeLordParadox chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Nice

It’s all the little changes like these which really turn this story around.

Glad that you kept some of the great Malcolm lines yet toned down his 'Doctor worship'

Saving at least one of the Tritavores, I just felt they were pointless to the story if you just wanted to kill them off.

Christina didn't fly away on the bus (Though I was half expecting her to run off with the Doctor in the end. But at least the bus stayed where it was)

The only thing I think that’s missing is an explanation of why UNIT didn’t just push the TARDIS through the wormhole to the Doctor.

But apart from that, a great re-write.
OtherMeWriter chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
I liked it. Didn't agree with leaving the flying bus with Unit, not sure I liked it being with Christina either, but what to do. I actually really like one scene you cut but totally agree with you regarding the saving of the Tritavore. That was a pointless death that just wasn't necessary and was a bit irritated originally that they didn't do that myself. Over all a pleasant revision to that romp.
WeepingAngel123 chapter 1 . 6/4/2009
FANTASTIQUE STUFF! Loved the little changes, especially saving one of those aliens, and overall, it was a generally awesome read! Vair vair cool and I love how you shot down the Doctor/Christina romance antics.

Ohh, I missed the hilarious Malcolm liness and Christina off in flying bus, because it made PotD all the more brighter, lighter, more Doctor Who-y and brought energy into that ep - what with the emo!Doctor atmosphere hovering about - but that's just me, I s'pose.

D
Caellach Tiger Eye chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
I'm glad you toned down the campy aspects, because if the script had gone EXACTLY like this, the episode would be less ridiculous while still being highly entertaining. For instance, I'm pleased the most by:

* cutting the flirting between the Doctor and Christina (when will we get another plantonic relationship companion, eh?)

* saving at least one of the Tritovores, because it seemed a cheap and easy solution for both to be killed off - it's like they refuse to bring friendly aliens onto Earth!

* not using the bus for Christina to fly off at the end - a flying bus is PRETTY noticable.

*toning down Malcolm's Doctor-worship. I appreciate that you kept in some of his quirks (Malcolms and Bernards, LOL!), without the whole 'I love you!' thing because it wasn't necessary. Somehow, it seems better that he shakes the Doctor's hand and thanks him for saving the Earth so many times. RTD did state that Malcolm hadn't been intended to be a 'fanboy' charicature, anyway, so I'm glad you rectified that somewhat while retaining his endearing aspects - Malcolm was, I reckon, the most entertaining character in the entire episode (after DT's Doctor, after all!)

However, I think you made the ending a little too dark - RTD made this episode campy because it was 'the last time' the 10th Doctor could have fun. As a result, I prefered it ending with Christina leaving and them cheering her, over the prophecy being the conclusion. Besides that, though, it is brilliant.

I have to admit, I thought you'd actually change more things than this. But you weren't trying to recreate the plot anyway, were you? It was about toning down the silliness, while retaining enough adventure and humour to keep everyone entertained. You did a good job of all that, and I salute you for it.

gODSPEED!