Reviews for Nobody Asked
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 3 . 12/2/2014
Excellent ending here, and very cool job with Dib and Zim's final battle.

acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 2 . 12/2/2014
Great job with Dib's thoughts here.

acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 12/2/2014
Whoa, super cool start here.

Lord Morozco chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
One would have hoped for a scene of Zim cackling in hammy glory while at the same time growing enormously fat and slobbering while feasting in his Deadly Decadent Court.
Invaderness chapter 3 . 2/15/2013
Dang, I hate when stories end like this. I hate not knowing an ending, yet I get sad when it does end
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 3 . 8/21/2012
I enjoyed this fic quite a bit. A nice amount of character development, and grim but hopeful endings always have a place in my favorite stories.
InsomniaticFrenchToast chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
Oh I love this. I love this so much right now. I'm rooting for Dib the entire time. I love it, i love it...I can't say it enough. Just the repeated sentence of "After all, nobody ever talked to Dib anymore." makes me love it even more. The repetition adds something!
PenGator3 chapter 3 . 5/28/2012
Fucking awesome!
PenGator3 chapter 2 . 5/28/2012
Oh yeah!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
Did you used to work for Nickelodeon? Because you must've been pissed off when the higher ups canceled Invader Zim back long ago... Anyways, good story though.
cupidity11 chapter 2 . 3/1/2012
No words can truly describe what I'm feeling. But, I can certainly try.

I've seen TONS and TONS of different takes and ideas on Dib; his personality, mindset and ideals. I've seen what feels like a hundred fics about Zim taking over the Earth and there are times where Dib is willing or unwilling or died to lived as a slave or lived as a pet ect ect.

None...that I've ever read have done this. Taken what I feel is truly Dib and infused it into this scenerio.

I'm a Dib fan too. He's my favorite character. And while I do love the idea of him getting his revenge and all those people who hurt him getting their karma...

I also know that Dib wouldn't be able to stand for it...of course he's angry and hurt and broken and angsty as hell, but, he's a HERO. The Good-guy.

And you, oh you lovely writer you, have portrayed it so perfectly. I teared up a bit honestly when I read the lines,

"Dib knew he was crazy, crazy in a way that went way beyond talking to himself or being socially awkward or believing in creatures that supposedly didn't exist. He had a much deeper insanity, one that no doctor had ever diagnosed and that Dib didn't believe there was any way to ever truly cure.

Dib was, underneath all the layers of cynicism he had built up, underneath the years of pain and torment, the hatred and rage and anger towards practically everyone he had ever met, actually a genuinely good person.

No, scratch that-he was a downright hero."

Favorite lines...

He is a hero. The Savior of Mankind. And I've tried to write it that way in the past only to fail. I've tried many scenerios and it always felt wrong...

This feels RIGHT. And you're giving the proper eric-ness that is hard to acheive. I am curious as to how long you've been writing. And if you've had any training or have gone to school for it?

-prepare for random keyslamming-

Because it's just that good.

Okay...now on to read the last chapter. I'm praying I hold myself together.

...

So far it seems unlikly that I will suceed.
KazunaPikachu chapter 3 . 2/18/2012
I loved the first chapter of this. I loved the post-apocolyptic Dib, and the concept you explored was touched by a lot of people, but only you seemed to pull it off so effectively and brilliantly. It had me gripped - Dib's bitterness, the karma of the earthlings, his silence speaking for itself; I loved how they understood what he was saying when he said no words, when they didn't even listen to him when he did have words to speak. The most impacting lines, though, would have to be the last couple of sentences of that chapter. They didn't talk to him anymore - so they couldn't ask for his forgiveness either. And deep down, because they understood, I knew they wanted to ask it - but they couldn't, because they were so ashamed. And this shame was what kept them from speaking to him, possibly even made them think that asking for forgiveness was impossible anyway, which only reinforced Dib's reasons for his bitterness. Both Dib's character and the extras' were profound, and I really adored that.

The second chapter was almost just as effective. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to read it, because I liked the ending of the first - because it was just so darkly fitting to leave them there and have only Dib be saved. But I read it anyway, because I wanted to see what you had in mind. The way you explored Dib's psyche was amazing; his different thought processes, his denial, his own confusion at his conscience. It was very philosophical and deeply mature. As I read through that chapter, I began to love Dib more and more, because he really was a hero. A hero who would stick by the right thing, no matter the injustices brought upon them, no matter the ridicule and the scorn. That's what a true hero was. The strength Dib displayed - what can I say? It was awe-inspiriing, it was amazing, it made my chest ache. And I love him for it. It made me bitterly smile, then, because I knew he wasn't insane at all. If he had left humanity to it's demise... he wouldn't have been human, really - despite all contrary reasoning. Strange, isn't it? Despite Dib's hatred for mankind, he'd have to be the most humane out of them all, and the strongest mentally.

The second chapter made me breathless with awe, so I dreaded reading the third chapter. I didn't quite enjoy it as much as the previous two, because it was mainly action-based and reverted back to that "in the now" battle scenes - the pace wasn't the same, so I felt rather disconnected from it. But it was still written very well, full of profound meanings between Zim and Dib's dysfunctional relationship, but I'm not quite sure how I want it to end. One part of me wishes that Dib would just die - because he's suffered enough, and his life was already so pitiful that I didn't want him to fight anymore. But then the other part of me wants him to live, because he's that "tragic hero", because I want him to make me cry with pride and admiration since I know full well he COULD.

Overall, I just loved how you constructed Dib. In fact, I'll probably never look at him the same again after reading this. It makes me ashamed to have rooted for Zim and simply dismissed Dib as a nuisance. But the strength of his character here - it was amazing and changed my perception greatly. I wished that someone had actually managed to contact Dib's "Goodbye" (like Membrane, or something) to actually ask for his forgiveness, and then Dib answering. But the fact that no one asked, yet he answered anyway, was just touching. I've ranted for long enough now, so I'm just going to end it with this: your fic was amazing, beautiful, and stunningly profound. Thanks for writing it :)
Cylonblaze chapter 3 . 1/22/2012
Good ending! I enjoyed it much, it allows one to choose what happens next, let imagination take hold. Your consideration for this story shows, and a definite gem among the "Zim wins" category.
five thousand wishes chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
wow..just wow. I love the dark tone you went for in this story, you really captured it. The irkens seem totally evil. I know some people wont like that and will think that irkens should be funny snack loving idiots like in the show but again I like the more serious direction you are taking with this story. It makes it seem so much more real and engaging. And besides, this is your story, you don't have to stick with the style of the original. And personally I like this better than the show. This has depth.
review chapter 3 . 10/21/2011
How can you just end it THERE?