Reviews for IN SURRENDER
LoveThemWinchesters chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
I liked this episode a lot and you did a good job with this. Dean did his best and that's what matters.

Sometimes you just have to back off a little and take a breather in order to keep your own sanity before you can help others.
SammysTeam chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
Oh this was perfect. I'm so glad you wrote this, cuz I was wondering the same thing. How come Dean didn't just stay in there with him, instead of leaving him all by himself to deal with the pain alone. :( I think I like your Dean better. :P
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
Great missing scene. You got totally inside Dean's head there and the torment he was feeling watching Sam go cold turkey and not being able to do a damn thing to help his brother. Not surprised he couldn't be in the panic room any longer, not because he didn't love Sam but because he couldn't stand to see him suffer and not be able to ease it. Great description too of Sam's torment and hallucinations as he was going through withdrawal. A really powerful piece of writing. Awesome Karen.
primadonna cat chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
I like this. I'm not big on hurt Sam, but he makes sense to be so damaged in "Levee" fiction. I like Dean's POV here. Good god, what could he do? And he and Bobby had no clue how to help Sam.

Nice work.
nicoltyler chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Very telling. i am always amazed how you are able to capture the feelings and emotions of these two characters in so few words. And how you are able to get that across to the reader.

I think you were able to capture well what Dean was going through in that scene. People always focus on the one hurting and often make the other apear aloof or whatever and forget what the other person, the one who has to watch (friend, bother sister what ever) goes through while they stand by and help the one hurting. The loneleness, helpless, frustration etc that a person in Deans position feels.

Good job.

Nicol T.
Lactuca chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Yeah, I wondered about Dean not staying. This was a very look at that, really heartbreaking.
LaylaBinx chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Good God, poor Sammy .o I know the detox must have been horrible on him but there's not alot of stories about his actual time in the room. This was soo good because it captured Dean's reaction; not knowing who or what Sam was talking to or even how to help him when he was at his worst. As always, wonderful job on your story! Keep up the great work, I look forward to your new stories all the time! .
Lisa Paris chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Sam was hallucinating, angry and demonically strong. Dean was quite right not to be locked in with him, aside from his own feelings of wretchedness and the knowledge Sam might still be able to manipulate him, it was totally the sensible thing to do.

Poor Dean - I guess in the end, he realised he's not his brother's keeper. Sam's an adult - responsible for his own decisions - however misguided and downright wrong - Dean has to stop blaming himself.
anon chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Would you lock yourself in a room with a delusional addict with demonic powers? He could've killed Dean by accident without even knowing it was him and that would've killed them both.
angeleyenc chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
*sniff* *sniff* *sniff* that eppy broke my heart... so sad!