Reviews for Bleed Just to Know You're Alive
Divale chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
Quite lovely :)

Great execution, a solid one-shot that delivers. You’ve put italics to good use here, Amanda’s forceful suppression of any doubt pertaining to John’s authority is a nice bit of foreshadowing.

Now that I gave due praise, please forgive the following critique.

John shuffles in, says ‘Amanda’ and shuffles out. While the gait of a terminally ill person certainly can be described as ‘shuffling’, his passive behaviour reminds me of a servant. It’s hard to relate his brief corporeal cameo with the figure of unbending authority that he is in Amanda’s introspection.

Another nuance is John’s encouragement of Amanda’s self-harming. John put Paul in the razor wire trap because of self-harm, why would he condone it in Amanda’s case?

But those are very minor gripes as overall this is certainly a worthwhile read. Thank you for posting it!

PS

And Merry Xmas :)
darkshadesoflight chapter 1 . 7/21/2009
I really liked your story. I'm a SAW fan as well and more than that, an Amanda fan. I really like how you expressed the inner Amanda in this story. Good job!
AzelmaRoark chapter 1 . 7/11/2009
This is one of the best Saw fics I've come across. You have a fantastic Amanda voice. I think my favorite thing about this fic, though, is that you manage to employ what is quite possibly one of the worst fanfiction cliches in existence (use of "Iris"). And not only does it work here, but you've convinced me that there's no better title.

Thanks a lot for this fic and for satisfying my craving for John/Amanda good characterization. Is it too much to ask for to hope that there might be more Saw from you someday?
NinaKramer chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Wow, thank you for sharing this fantastic fanfic!

I'm a huge John and Amanda Fan and I read a LOT stories about them - but yours was definitely one of the best!
KTTY K chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
Oh it's beautiful, please write more! _#

I really love your style. And I love JxA! 3
Animorphgirl chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Extremely well written. You've done an awesome job at capturing Amanda's character. Great work!