Reviews for Our Second Chance
Nevrandil chapter 10 . 12/20/2012
Oh dear this was all kinds of wonderful.

Very heart warming. And I dunno what happened to you when you wrote those epilogues but bwahahahahaah

i"Ya know what, Cowboy? I like these new weather-proof tents with the zippered closings."

"So that's what you like, is it bud? All this time I thought it was my sparkling personality and my somewhat ravishing ass."

"Quit wasting time, and get over here and fuck me. Can't you see I'm already half naked, and more than half ready?"

"No, it's dark in here. I might need to feel around with my hands and my mouth to figure out where you are and what you're doing."

"Okay. Feel right there, oh! Yeah, taste that. Suck it, see if you remember that? Oh Jesus Ennis! I remember that!"/i

And then Ned and Billy..lol...

Unbelievable.

loved it. Thank you. :D

Nev
Angel-Castiel chapter 10 . 5/3/2011
This story is amazing :-D kept me up for the past few nights because I couldn't stop reading it
sunystone chapter 10 . 11/29/2010
Aw! Just finished reading the story! It was brilliant! What a wonderful family the Porters,Twists, and Del Mar made! I loved everything about this story!
i love it chapter 8 . 12/2/2009
more? its really good!
cwby30 chapter 6 . 9/7/2009
Mornin'.

Well, I've been reading along, enjoying this take on "what if" J&E met that Fall before Ennis married alma. Ennis taking a chance... carefully, but, still, taking the chance that Fate gave him/them. I like your J&E, and how you've let them 'grow up' on Patricia's place, yet still be 19-year-olds when it comes to things like snowball fights. They needed that opportunity, which OS Ennis wouldn't let happen.

I like how Patricia finally snapped, couldn't take Paul's arrogance and narrow-mindedness. I think his time in the service became so ingrained, too much of "do what I say because I have a higher rank", that when he came home he couldn't adapt to the required give and take of a marriage and resented the independence his wife had gained during his absence. This same issue has played itself out over and over with returning servicemen, After WWII, after Vietnam, even now. I'm glad you chose to write about it, and the consequences. I'm sorry Paul didn't take the chance at least to send a present and to call his daughter on Christmas. And, I hope he doesn't go over the deep end, and create a tragedy. Finally [... :-) ], and not to be morbid, only careful, I hope that Patricia has seen an attorney and drawn up a Will, etc., just in case.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Thanks again.
sunystone chapter 3 . 6/13/2009
So glad Patricia is fine with him being more than friends with Jack! Great chapter!
sunystone chapter 2 . 6/4/2009
Beautiful chapter!
sunystone chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Great start! I love your stories! I don't always have time to review, but I just wanted to say you're one of my favorite authors! :)