Reviews for The Nimrod Curse
I Just Won A Free Toaster Oven chapter 22 . 5/10/2012
I enjoyed this story quite a bit, but I don't think it's as well written as Fate's Playground. The ending just seemed too abrupt. Other than that, it was great! I hope to see more of your work in the future.

- Toaster
Lumcer chapter 22 . 4/30/2012
Great story! I am so happy you finished it! I like the close lationship that developed between snape Harry and Remus. And the concept of how everything wasn't completely everyone's fault. Enjoyed it!

KCK-Lumcer
littleme36 chapter 22 . 4/22/2012
I really enjoyed this story, I thought it was a very interesting idea- only thing I found a little disappointing was the fact that it all felt a bit rushed at the end- I liked the ending, but would have liked it better if it had had a little more detail.

Overall though, a great read :D
ShortySC22 chapter 22 . 3/8/2012
I enjoyed reading this story and liked the friendship that developed between Lupin, Snape, and Harry.
Svenion chapter 17 . 12/20/2011
I really did love this story, and i wish there would have been more interest shown while you were writing it. The ending felt a bit rushed, but i understand completely.
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 7/31/2011
Oh, yes, Harry _would_ feel better for having a Horcrux out of his head and into the vial (soon to be destroyed by a handy basilisk fang, I expect). I suspect a lot of people would feel better around Harry as well (who knows, perhaps the Dursleys were reacting to being around a Horcrux the way that Dudley felt the Dementor, too).

And Snape himself would lose his temper less often around Harry; the Horcrux had to have affected him too, along with the curse.

Very good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 7/24/2011
Wouldn't Harry have to do something to split his soul to make a Horcrux? Or will just the ritual do it, since Voldie's soul fragment is kind of separate from his own? (there are stories where the Horcruxes are fed to Dementors, mind you, though I expect Harry wouldn't like that very much). But once the fragment is taken out of the scar into a container, the container can be whacked with a basilisk fang or the Sword of Gryffindor (I don't think Harry would like having either the Sword or a fang near his scar).

Good chapter.
Cassandra30 chapter 22 . 7/13/2011
What a great story! I do wish Harry had ruined Bumbles though but still it was terrific!
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 7/8/2011
Very good chapter. Glad to see everyone cooperating well instead of going into blame mode-especially with the destruction of more Horcruxes. The most important one, of course, is still in Harry's head; perhaps a simple bit of reconstructive surgery, with precautions, is called for?

And maybe the three of them will find out what Dumbledore is _really_ up to.
bookivore chapter 22 . 6/1/2011
I see that I didn't review this last chapter when I first read it, and cleaning up old alerts I just had to reread the story. I can see why another reviewer was frustrated that there was no explanation why D. cast the curse - given his nature, I'm sure he would have rambled on about the Greater Good, he couldn't be prepared to answer the question.

I liked the attitude of the story in general. Harry, Snape & Lupin made a surprisingly nice trio, sniping at each other but all working towards their goal. You've used the best parts of the plots in HBP & DH without making us endure supposed romance, hours of following Draco around, camping, whining & complaining. I can understand why the story ends with Dumbledore's death / defeat, even though we really SHOULD see the defeat of Voldie - the story is mainly about the effects of the curse and V. supposedly would have been defeated either way (I appreciate that we didn't need to kill a bunch of teenagers your way).

My theory on the Nimrod Curse is JKR tied so many things to the stereotype of the twinkly wise wizard without actually putting any effort into making him wise that almost any explanation for what was going on works better than canon good, wise Dumbledore. But, any scenario that involves magic being able to confuse people or change their beliefs has the potential for one of the simplest explanations - Dumbledore was severely damaged in some way, and somehow magic was hiding that fact from all the people who really should notice he is not behaving the way his legend says he should behave.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 5/29/2011
Hah! I love how the Unbreakable Vow was revised, so that Snape would know exactly what he was getting into, and would be owed a favor from both sisters.

Well done.
mitremlap chapter 22 . 5/22/2011
great story, thank you for writing it
Badbonita chapter 22 . 4/26/2011
Interesting reasoning behind why Severus and Remus acted the way they did.

Unfortunately, you breezed over Harry killing Voldemort although I assume that it was due to the fact that Harry was the Master of the Hallows. Nothing is really mentioned about whether Draco managed to finish his assignment but (again) I assume that he wasn't able to repair the cabinet before the raids that killed Voldemort happened.

I understand that you lost interest but managed to finish the story - for which I am very thanksful - but it was very obvious that you were rushing toward the end. Especially with all the detail in earlier chapters.

But that's besides the point. The fic is finished which is a major positive. So thanks for the interesting read.
GinnyPotter12488 chapter 22 . 4/17/2011
I really liked your story. I would love it if you did a sequeal. I think that you did a wonderful job. Keep up the good work, and god bless
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 4/13/2011
I'm reviewing! Ok, I'm almost a year behind, but I'm reviewing (grin).

Still a good chapter. I like the little byplay, though I think trying to have Kreacher killed is most unlike the Headmaster; he must think his control over Harry is slipping.

"They knew that while Harry was at the Burrow they would not be able to use the mirrors, because Harry would have no privacy."

-Although Harry could probably gain a half hour to himself by asking Ron to borrow the "good magazines" it's probably just as well (and Molly probably knows where they are anyway).

That was brilliant how Snape 'gave in' to more Occlumency lessons, and 'giving in' to having Remus chaperone. A couple of high fives there for that.

Good chapter.