Reviews for The Nimrod Curse
David M. Potter chapter 21 . 12/28/2010
Brilliant!
cara-tanaka chapter 21 . 12/18/2010
Hope you update soon. I really love this story and can't wait to see what happens next :D
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 12/13/2010
"That's fine, I am just being a rebellious teen, trying to push against authority. I am sure that Snape will have lovely things to say about it - especially if I don't have the Headmaster's permission!"

-This is a better tactic, I think, than faking a submission that Harry can't sustain. I like the way all of them, including Snape, coped with Dumbledore and the way he would likely react to things (of all the grouping, Snape would know this best-he's been around Dumbledore the most, and can probably model the Headmaster almost as well as he can Voldemort by now). And Harry was smart to accept Snape's homework. Dumbledore (and Voldemort) probably know about how much he uses Hermione as a crutch, and I suspect Hermione may be in some danger because of that-from both sides. Albus would only isolate Harry from Hermione when he wanted to slide something past the boy, but Voldie might take more drastic measures. Meanwhile, something needs to be done to build up Ron. He is definitely considered just a sidekick right now, and he could be a lot more.

Anyway, good chapter.
bookivore chapter 21 . 9/20/2010
I am continuing to read this story and continue to find it fascinating. Hopefully, since this is a story and not real life, Snape's realistic assessment that they'll never find out why Dumbledore cast the curse will be wrong. I vote for the notion that D. could not stand the ambiguity of the propehcy (either could die) so he decided to kill Voldemort himself, with Harry as a tool / bait, and needed to have Harry friendless (in the adult world) and controllable. This would explain his desire for the 3 hallows somewhat better than the notion that wanting to see his dead sister.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 9/12/2010
Excellent chapter. Harry needed to vent, and Snape was a safe person to do so with; Remus would only be made more upset, I think, while Snape probably knows exactly what Harry is going through (it would be a fair exchange for Snape to tell Harry how much control Dumbledore has over _him_, and the way he's been manipulated, too, except that Snape does want to protect Harry).

The will business is not surprising. Sirius never had a memorial service in canon, and I still don't understand _that_. They're for the living, not the dead, and Harry desperately needed closure for his godfather (though Snape should not have been forced to attend, since it would be awkward at best to force a victim of attempted murder to pretend to mourn the attacker's passing).

Good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 8/15/2010
Good chapter. It'll be interesting to find out what those runes really mean, and why Dumbledore felt he had to give Lupin and Snape items that had runes on them.

And yay for Dudders!
Nanchih chapter 21 . 7/17/2010
Not act against Harry directly? Cursing the child isn't? However, the old fool is dying. Perhaps they can get a deathbed confession as to Why? But I'll guess it was simply to set Harry up to kill moldyshorts, with the hope he would die himself in the act, leaving the possessor of the Three as the immortal Leader of the Light.
Cassandra30 chapter 21 . 7/15/2010
Wonderful! Now how to protect Harry and keep him safe as well as get him the help he needs.
Cassandra30 chapter 20 . 7/15/2010
There is a reason that Remus was the smartest Marauder! lol
Cassandra30 chapter 19 . 7/15/2010
Well Albus is telling them something important. They just don't know it. Someone needs to confront that old geezer and demand some answers.
Cassandra30 chapter 18 . 7/15/2010
Wow! At least now Severus, Harry and Remus know about the horcrux. Anybody thought about asking Bill or the goblins?
Elfwyn chapter 21 . 7/14/2010
I just found this fantastic story, totally engrossing, so much so I stayed up until 5am to finish reading all but the last two chapters!

Although Severus has been busy, I do think it is unlikely that he wouldn't connect Harry's horcrux & prophecy with the WHY of the Curse & the Deathly Hallows, he just has too logical and analytical a mind, as well as devious. If anyone should know and have analyzed the Headmaster it is him, he would therefore be aware of Dumbledore's very Slytherin side.
slaysvamps chapter 21 . 7/6/2010
I think it's a shame that you decided to rush through finishing this story. I've found it well written and fascinating, and I'm sure everyone else who has subscribed to updates has done so as well. I look forward to reading this to the end, even if you choose to finish it in the manner of the last few chapters.
DoublePea chapter 21 . 7/6/2010
I'm sorry that you feel that you haven't had enough reviews. The Nimrod Curse is indeed a good story and well done. There are so many stories added each day, it is hard to find the good ones. I was lucky and ran across Chapter 21. The best advice that I can give you is to trust how you feel about your story and not worry if it is being read or reviewed. I go more by the number of readers than by the number of reviews. I think the premise is very interesting and I'm enjoying your development.
graynavarre chapter 21 . 7/6/2010
Great chapter. I am glad that Harry figured out about Dumbledore manipulations. Severus and Remus make a good team.

I am glad you mentioned that it wasn't Nimrod of the Bible. I was looking it up and there was a Gomer and he was a second cousin of Nimrod, so I was wondering.

I still the name was because they all acted like nimrods - not a brain between them all due to the curse.
265 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »