Reviews for Somewhere Only We Know
Kcapp chapter 1 . 4/15
WOW! Great Story! You stayed true to the characters, and conveyed their twisted emotions very well! Thanks so much for sharing this!
Jinxie2013 chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Great Story!
MacTireDiabhail8408 chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
loooooved it. it was cute however ima perv so a sex sean woulda been nice XD lol but i still loved it not sure y u rated it M tho
Leonie1988 chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Nice story! Sequel?
ivo1617 chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
You touched on some very interesting points from the show in your story. The first thing I wanted to talk about was Xena's sometimes questionable treatment of Gabby. This is actually the main reason I have a hard time seeing them as a couple. Even if it is not something outrageous like Xena chasing after Gabby and her baby, their relationship is too much like that of a hero and a sidekick. One person dictates everything and the other just follows and is there no matter what.

Also when it comes to matters of the heart, when do you reach the point where a relationship might be awkward? Xena and Gabby had an incident in season 3 where both of their children died. Xena killed Gabby in the last episode of season 5. I am presuming Gabby was dead since she was more injured than Eve who died herself - Eve was actually able to walk out of that house. Then in Illusia Xena basically killed Gabrielle again. It was not real in the end, but they went through the experience - they fought briefly, Gabrielle was on the ground, and Xena just stabbed her.

Another interesting point was Xena's mind set at the end of season 5. Xena was completely out of sorts, maybe even more so than in FIN. When it came to dealing with Eve, she seemed to forget everything she had been doing to become a hero for five seasons. In order to stop someone, Xena does not have to kill them - knock them out, put the pinch on them, whatever. Whenever Xena came up against her daughter, she just froze and her indecisiveness cost many people their lives, including Joxer.

This is actually where I said to myself that Gabrielle might be a bigger hero than Xena because she would go all out to do what is right no matter who she was facing. (And yes, Xena does look pretty bad here after what happened in season 3.) Hercules was the same way as Gabrielle since he saved Xena from Zeus. (I bet Xena was glad the big guy was not there when she was chasing after Gabby and her baby.) And heck even Joxer tried to stand up to his brother this one time.

Another thing to think about your story provided me with is how Xena would deal with betrayal and someone letting her down. She is had people disappoint her in her life and she has been known to hold a grudge on occasion. Though in this case Xena's emotions will have to wait for later since Gabrielle was about to leave and Xena had to stop her. Your portrayal of Gabrielle when she is hurt someone who loves her is pretty accurate - she might become unresponsive.

I wonder how Joxer would have felt about this too. The woman of his dreams and his son. Ole Jox never gets a break, but this is ridiculous. A real hit below the belt. Plus if Joxer had more luck with the ladies, Gabrielle would have been Virgil's mother. And to make things even more awkward Xena knew good and well how much Joxer loved Gabrielle.

Overall this was a good, interesting story that got me thinking about a lot of things. Hopefully I did not ramble too much in this review.
Jedi Caro chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
angsty, love stories like that. very nice story :)
MobiusVariant chapter 1 . 12/25/2009
Very well written story; it flowed very nicely. It also served as a nice means of answering some questions that I had regarding that period in their story should they have been lovers at the time, seriously something with Gabriel _had_ to give, long suffering or no. Again, nice job and a very realistic/believable portrayal of what could've been and how they dealt with it.
onlykittens chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Really great story. I thought it captured their relationship very well. Beautiful.
GoddessAnjanee chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Your story flowed beautifully from beginning to end.

Well done indeed!
gabxena21 chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
oh wow this is great. I hope in some way you can make a second story. :) "wink wink"
Silvermoonlight GJ chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
This is a fantastic piece, your just getting better and better with every story you write and it really shows with this one. I loved that you hit the issues of motherhood head on.

I also never thought about Gabrielle sleeping with one for comfort but after reading this a part of me could really see it happening since Xena scatted on such thin ice during season five and pushed Gabrielle to the curb.

I really like Eve in this as well, she was spot on and in character, it was also good that she was trying to help Xena/Gabrielle out in a moment of turmoil were they couldn't help each other for a time.

Most of all this is nice because Xena puts her pride to one side and forgives Gabrielle as much as Gabrielle forgives also left with a sense of a long road ahead but they will heal fully in time.
grangergirl22 chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
Sad but sweet. I'm glad they worked it out. Good Job.