Reviews for Rising to Die
Lord 0f Storms chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
I'm delighted there's finally a story about Sed's past up here! I wanted to write one myself, but my imagination stagnated :(

Nevermind, this is wonderful! You have a real talent for conveying the emotions of the characters in your writing, and I love that! Also, I love the opening line: "He had a youth, you know. It might have been somewhat hard to imagine that, with his callous, wind-beaten face and his gnarly hands, but he had a youth once." My attention was instantly rapt after I read that! And as for the ending, I was growing teary-eyed at that point, particularly during the line about Seth singing him lullabies and holding him while he dies. It was so beautiful and moving!

Another one for the favourites list! :)
Redrangerpower chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
What a great story! I've been curious about Sed and Seth's past for a while now and it's fantastic to see somebody taking up the pen for it. Lost Odyssey doesn't get nearly enough stories as it should, but the up side is that nearly all of the fics it does get are a cut above the normal standard of quality for the site and this one certainly proves the rule. An excellent read and I hope you contribute more to the site.

Keep it up.

~Mechwar
DawningStar chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
I like this very much! What a sweet look at his childhood, and his mother through a child's eyes.

However, I do note a typo near the end; shame to spoil the overall impact that way, you should probably fix it.

"—which, in some sense it true." Is? Was?

I hope you'll write more sometime, it's such a neglected fandom.