Reviews for Feels Like Suffocation, Baby
Idon'twriteIleak chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
What do I even say about this fanfiction trio. Part of me wants to berate you. The pain you put them through and in turn the reader. We joke about 'feels' but seriously, this got me. I guess that makes you a good writer. A great one. You should write your own stuff that you can publish for real. But I can't not compliment you.

This was the best worst X-men I've ever read.
amber chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Okay, first off I'll say that you captured the emotions of the characters so perfectly that there were more than a few parts during this series where I almost started crying. I especially liked your portrayal of Marie, with her "stupid" and "clever" side.

As for Logan... I thought you twisted his character quite a lot in these fics, to the point where I saw him as an AU dark!Logan, instead of the way he really is. Sure he has a brutal and animalistic side, but he's never been that violent in the movies. In the comics-maybe. But not the movies.

The relationship overall seemed extremely abusive to me, I don't know if you did that purposefully? But it made me sad and angry, and actually hate this version of Logan a lot.
jenefaner chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
This was sob worthy. So incredibly powerful. You are an amazing author, and you hold such power behind your words. This was an incredible read, but it really broke my heart. That being said, its going in my favorites.
Daevanam Daevo chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
Holy crap. What the heck. But it was a fitting end, no matter how much I feel that they deserve to ride off into the sunset(on Scott's stolen motorcycle.) Great work I just wish that I could somehow read more...
WildestHeart4ever chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
OMG this is the most saddest story ever...i felt all choked up while reading :'(

Great work though :) sad...but good
NocturnalQuill chapter 1 . 3/16/2011
Ok...you may really hate me after you finish reading this and may want to hunt me down and murder me [ruthlessly that too], but I had to say this...don't take it as hate mail/flame/whatever, trust me, it's anything but flame!

I really liked Marks of his affection...although it was a bit too violent for my taste, I could understand the conflict Rogue was in, the possessive attitude of Wolverine's, Bobby's puppy dog eyes [oh...that look!]. I liked it so much, that I read it again! And it didn't seem boring even on a second reading!

Map me with bruises [Kinky title, really] again was a good read...I could totally understand Professor's stand and Logan's desperation!But does Rogue have to be so bendy [no pun intended]? I mean, she's got to hold her own sometime...she just let Logan have his way. I guess I was just stuck up on the Cartoon and Comic image of Rogue...she's pretty badass there and here she is quite the opposite...but a good read nonetheless!

However, Feels like Suffocation, baby was not quite at par...I felt a bit depressed and a little disgusted by Rogue's actions! How could she let go of the baby! And I never expected Scott to be the judgemental types! And frankly, the idea of being pregnant at 17 just scares the shit out of me! This one was really angsty! The way they leave, how Logan gets Rogue to leave with him, how Rogue does not have any friends anymore, the way everyone says nasty things about them behind their backs [honestly, didn't see that coming - especially at Mutant High!], the abortion, Logan's reaction to it [You think I can't get you pregnant again? *Shudder*]. I really wish this story would've ended on a happier note!

On the brighter side of things, I really liked your other one-shot "When in Africa"...good times! I can't wait to read your other fics! Because honestly, I believe you are a gifted writer :)

-Lupinxtonks

PS: I'm new to the entire Rogan ship and I feel like an outsider...but trust me, I didn't intend to offend! And I really like all your other fics [the ones I've read]
Random Rogan Fan chapter 1 . 9/24/2010
Very poignant and realistic. I like that you kept the momentum going throughout the story and that you kept them in character for the most part. Scott seemed a little more intensely negative than necessary but it was a good way to get to the point you wanted. Granted I'm a bit biased as I read the comics but I know you write only using the Movieverse. It would be fun to see what you would do with some of the tidbits from the comics though such as the fact Rogue can take a power almost indefinitely from another mutant. Lots of damage is done to the victim but it's possible. One version has it that she can take on physical traits too and Logan was her teacher while she learned to deal with his claws in one issue. All that aside it was a good fic even if it was a tad to angsty for me. *claps*
QueenofOld chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
First of all, you are a wonderful author, so don't think I am trying, in any way, to take that away.

Secondly, I must say, I hate the Marie in this story. Before the flames start lapping at my back, I have to say that I am Pro-Choice. I believe in a woman's right to choose...however...and this is a pretty big ass however...I just can't sympathize with Marie here, at all. I simply hate her.

I have an (awesome, wonderful) son. He is still very young, so the pregnancy is still vivid and fresh in my memory bank. I still can understand a woman getting a first trimester abortion if she so chooses and I can definitely understand a woman getting a first or second trimester abortion if medically necessary.

What I don't understand is waiting until you're in maternity clothes and feeling kicks to just change your mind about it all.

My son moved inside of me when I was 17 weeks pregnant. From that moment on, I realized he was a person who I could feel and who could feel me. Being a woman who has experienced pregnancy and childbirth, I can't imagine the type of person who could have the selfishness and sheer callousness to abort a baby that late in gestation for a reason that doesn't involve a legitimate medical threat.

I especially felt angry when Marie claimed that she was a mother...if that's what it takes to be a mother...then it seems like we should be calling sperm donors and dead beat dads fathers of the year. You aborted your baby for her own good. Happy Mother's Day, Marie.

Even if my world came crumbling down around me while I was pregnant and I was left unable to care for my child, I just would never ever bring myself to abort if I was that far along. Adoption, definitely, but to imagine his face...whose eyes he would have, what his smile would be like, feel him MOVE inside of me and then (FINALLY) come to all of these sad realizations about the reality of my life...and then abort? I just...I can't even...it took a lot out of me to read past that part.

I couldn't even feel justification when I got to the end.

Again, you are an amazing author. I just had to share my strong feelings about how I felt about this Marie.
vinhallen chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
Wow, simply wow! I've read your "Hurt" series at WRFA, and it was one of the best angst Rogan fic I've ever read. The last instalment kept me glued to monitor, it was so intense so realistic and heartbreaking. You created a real gem for the pairing. I'm so glad you have an account on . After reading the "Feels Like Suffocation, Baby" I just needed to say how amazing it was!

Thank you!

Regards
rowanuk chapter 1 . 3/21/2010
Loved this Rogan trilogy, even the terribly sad ending. Please forward my nacho covered Logan as soon as possible and dont forget the sour cream.
Itachi's aprentice chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
Great work.
Mrstrentreznor chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
it has often made sense to me that Wolverine and Rogue end up together because seriously, he is the only person she could be with, without killing him! unless there is some other massively sexy regenerating guy out there.. ha

regardless she is only 17 in your story and i guess most 17 year olds don't have much of a clue about self sacrifice or living for others - the option that she had the child, gave it life, watched it live a long and happy life from a distance (wouldn't even need to be 'far' away - just out of touch), just never seemed to occur to her - she could touch her child as much as she can touch anyone in her life - so what the hell is the difference? 17 years with two parents is a hell of a lot longer than most kids get anyway

also what if the child had some weird mesh of both their 'gifts' and was immune to her? poor little thing wasn't given a chance

Scott's behaviour is unforgivable - what the hell did he think he was doing? making her feel guilty because Jean and he aren't pregnant? [i assume that was what you were hinting at]

regardless, love your writing style - i like the 'dark' Logan - given what he has seen and done in his long life; would he be any other way?
Sepsis chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
beautiful..*_* very sad. but great.3
skargasm chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Oh my, that made me feel so so sad for them both :( incredibly well written and heartbreaking.
CGandJaz chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
Wow and very sad i haven't cried over a story in while great job well written