Reviews for The Great Noodle Incident
skag trendy chapter 3 . 9/7/2009
“Because he’s not lucky like me. All he has is an imaginary tiger,” Sammy whispered, leaning his forehead on Dean’s. “I gotta big brother.”

Love that line. So cute, so SAMMY.

Thanks for the wonderful fic, my darling.

Kind regards,

ST x
Muffy Morrigan chapter 3 . 9/6/2009
I love this story, it is warm and wonderful and lovely. Like hot chocolate on a winter's day and a favorite blankie with a purring cat on it. This one definitely goes into my book of things I read in bed. I love this story

Five Impalas, freshly waxed, lovingly detailed with no monsters drooling under the car, but even if they were the happy wonderful Winchesters inside would deal with them easily before coming to you to get pie and chicken (dead chicken of course)
pandora jazz chapter 3 . 9/6/2009
What a sweet ending to your story.

I love how you wrote John. I could imagine him being this way when the boys were little and also it helped because they were staying somewhere that was safe, Pastor Jim's. John could relax a little bit more.

I like how Dean took care of Sam, yet was glad that his father was there too and could protect them both.

Of course Sam's line about feeling sorry for Calvin and why, excellent!

"Because he’s not lucky like me. All he has is an imaginary tiger,” Sammy whispered, leaning his forehead on Dean’s. “I gotta big brother.”

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
Kinlor chapter 3 . 9/5/2009
I really appreciate your rendition of John. I've read a lot of different fics and in this particular one John is very... John. He's how I'd imagine him to be with a younger Sammy and Dean. I'm not sure how else to describe it.
Scullspeare chapter 3 . 9/5/2009
You write such great ‘wee’ versions of the boys.

The whole ‘What’s snow made of?’ convo made me smile – I love five-year-old logic – as explained by a nine-year-old!

“My grain and stories” – snort!

“One day, he’d be a hunter like his dad and then he’d be able to keep Sammy safe all by himself.” *Sniff* With the gift of foresight, this packs an emotional wallop.

Loved the conversation between John and Dean about the Bugaboo; nice little bonding moment, even if they were bonding over monsters under the bed.

Just fantastic little brotherly moments throughout – yum!

Cheers, Sculls
irismay42 chapter 3 . 9/5/2009
Aww that was lovely! I really liked how you balanced out the boys just being kids with the wider responsibilities that would soon be facing them - particularly Dean. You did a great job of showing him as an ordinary big brother at the start of the chapter, and then in the middle highlighting his determination to keep his brother safe from the monsters under the bed and his relief that John was there to keep them both safe. Loved this bit: "...One day, he’d be a hunter like his dad and then he’d be able to keep Sammy safe all by himself, but it was comforting to know he didn’t have to. Dad was there for them..." because we know what happens after John's gone and Dean takes his responsibility to keep Sam safe to the extremes of his demon Deal.

I really liked that you didn't make John a scumbag too, because I think that's how he appears far too often in fanfic, and that kind of misses the point of his contradictory nature and the balancing act he's faced with between fighting evil and being there for his kids.

Lovely stuff with some great prefiguring and just the right amount of schmoop!
carocali chapter 3 . 9/5/2009
Ah, me loves the wee!chester fic from you. SO cute and a loving John is always a wonderful thing.

The snowman fight, the bugs and Star Wars references - what more could I possibly want!

:D
SamDeanLover28 chapter 3 . 9/5/2009
great
hachoo chapter 3 . 9/5/2009
Ngaw... cute last chapter. Loved the reference to obiwan kenobi :D and also the full trust Sam has in Dean. :D
ukfan101 chapter 3 . 9/5/2009
I really enjoyed that story...nice little slice of life with the weechesters and at least for a little bit both Dean and Sam being able to be real kids for awhile...good job
ziggy.uk chapter 3 . 9/5/2009
Really cute final chapter. Loved the snowman fight and hanging out in the barn. And interesting that John showed Dean that the monster under Sam's bed had been real and loved Dean's reaction when their dad almost outright lied to Sammy, but guess it was true, at that point there was no monster under his bed!

Great banter at the end and John putting a stop to it with one word!
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 3 . 9/5/2009
this is great
Squeak4ever chapter 2 . 8/4/2009
Aww, I love little Sammy and Dean!

(and excellent use of Calvin & Hobbes!)
pinkphoenix1985 chapter 2 . 7/11/2009
this is just so wonderful!
charis-kalos chapter 2 . 6/27/2009
This is lovely. I really enjoyed Sammy's bedtime story, with its mention of 'special' Bobby and grown-up Sam being 'almost' as tall as grown-up Dean. Nice little wee!chester moment, even with the monster under the bed.
84 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »