Reviews for The Great Noodle Incident
Kara Sullivan chapter 2 . 6/22/2009
Sorry it took so long to respond to this chapter. I've been preoccupied with my niece's Sweet 16 party, but it finally happened on Saturday, so now I'm catching up! Loved it! I loved how Dean fought the scary monstor to save his brother, I loved Sammy's adorable story, and I loved how Sammy was not as naive as his family thought he was. Pretty smart for a little guy!

Liafrombrazil chapter 2 . 6/21/2009
You took my lollipop away before, but you brought me a delicious cake now. This chapter is really sweet. I’m glad pastor Jim was there. Dean had no one to assure him when John was hunting. He had nobody to share the burden with (not even little Sam), so I like when someone else just takes care of them. I love Sam making light of things, telling that lovely story; he’s so innocent and smart. You wrote a masterpiece of the most adorable brotherly moment. Brilliant! Thanks!

*Blackberries – Try to kill the monster bush, but it’ll grow back, the roots grow really deep and thick.*
Awesomesauce123 chapter 2 . 6/20/2009
This chapter almost made me scream. ;) I adore the writing, but Sammy and Dean getting hurts disturbs me greatly.

I love it, though, and the Wee!chesters make me giggle with their adorable innocence. *sighs dreamily*

irismay42 chapter 2 . 6/19/2009
Aww that was so sweet and yet really kind of sad too: “A real monster’s always got a little monster in it,”... I wonder if Sam will still be saying that in season 5 or whether that's going to be Dean's line?

I loved Sammy trying to make Dean call him 'Sam' and then forgetting and calling himself 'Sammy'! I can totally imagine Wee!Sammy doing stuff like that! And I liked how you made Dean upset about lying to Sam about what's really in the dark. That always bugged me about AVSC because I can't imagine Dean lying to Sam about something that important until he was eight, even if he did want him to stay innocent for as long as possible. And you would think Sam - who would have been a very smart kid - would have had some inkling of what was going on being ferried from hunter to hunter to hunt to hunt. Which is why I also liked the part where Sammy feigns sleep because that's how he hears stuff he's not supposed to hear.

Great chapter!
Madebyme chapter 2 . 6/19/2009
I don't know how you do it but your writing seems to have magical powers. Whenever I read your work a ridiculously large smile seems to appear on face and my tummy goes all warm and fuzzy. You brighten my day and for that I'm very grateful!

You're so good at making Dean and Sam's voices age appropriate and having them say the most cute and endearing things that are often quite insightful and intuitive. I loved Sam's story about two grown up brothers and his twist about the monster was very perceptive and true to his character. Plus the comment about Bobby being 'special' was laugh out loud funny and definitely something a child would say. Kids have a knack of saying awesome things like that that just crack you up!

The bug-a-boo was great too and I liked how it was afraid of light and couldn't get you if you were completely under the covers - very clever and it's little touches like these that make for an awesome read.

Top marks from me, I'm not sure if that was the end of not but I loved it either way. Take care, Abbi.x

Ps Thank you for enquiring about my own writing, that was very sweet of you. I haven’t posted anything yet but I am writing, just at a snails pace - apparently that’s my only speed!
PADavis chapter 2 . 6/18/2009
What a great chapter - the story Sam tells was adorable. Thank you!

Blackberry - oh man, those things are bloodthirsty. I've seen the branches move to snag me with those thorns. Killer plant I'm telling you.

WolfButler chapter 2 . 6/18/2009
Aww! that was brill! but its not over is it? you could do more on this! like it :D

(btw blackberry bushes are alright really - free blackberries r good!)
Chiiyo86 chapter 2 . 6/18/2009
Aw, Sammy telling a story about them as adult! It was so cute! Sam "almost as tall as his brother", lol.

It's kind of sad to see Dean trying to ignore his own fear, feeling so responsible for his brother, when he's so young. It's a good thing Pastor Jim is here! chapter 2 . 6/18/2009
Awesome chapter, loved it! Only Sammy would have some sort of Bogey lurking under his bed and typical of Sammy to see the drool after Pastor Jim told him it was just a nightmare. Just adorable Sammy, sorry Sam's, story to Dean under the bedclothes, then burying his face in his older brother's stomach and tickling him! And could so imagine Sammy pretending to be asleep so he could overhear what Pastor Jim and Dean were saying!
Lactuca chapter 2 . 6/18/2009
That was so adorable I actually can't take it! The human body is not built to withstand this level of cuteness. I just want to cuddle wee Sam and Dean and pinch their little round cheeks. Especially Sam for having dimples and blowing raspberries on Dean's belly and being almost as tall his brother when he's grown up and Dean for being the absolute bestest big brother ever ever ever. So awesome!
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 2 . 6/18/2009
The was just...just fantastic. I adore the wee boys. The snowball war. Didn't see the monster coming and was totally on the edge of my seat. Loved Dean getting the best of it. But my FAVORITE, FAVORITE part is the scene of the boys under the blankets-the story Sammy-excuse me-Sam weaves and the tickling. OMG. Superb.
Ash8 chapter 2 . 6/18/2009
This is sheer DELIGHT! I just adore every word. Love the tie into Calvin & Hobbes - squealed when I saw the title! Then all the bro goodness of them curled up together, Sam telling his wonderful story.

Oh just so perfect.

*heffa hugs*

skag trendy chapter 2 . 6/18/2009
I loved this story so much, and I'm sad to see it end. Sammy was such a cute little boy, and Dean the best big brother ever. Love the interaction between these two, and Pastor Jim is wonderfully protective of them both.

Blackberry bush? Don't remove it completely. Just cut it back, give it a good prunning to let the sun get to it, but try not to remove any fruit buds. Just think: blackberry crumble, pie, cheesecake, fruit salad, jam/preserve, blackberry liqueur...

I'm talking myself into a hunger and there's at least another 3hours to my lunchbreak!

Cheers for the great story hon.

Kind regards,

ST x
pandora jazz chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
That was sweet.

I loved Sam's story for Dean, two brothers all grown up who did everything together.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
carocali chapter 2 . 6/17/2009
Oh, a bogey! How cool! And it's a pile of slimey, puddly goo? Eww!

"He leapt off the bed, making a dash for the door with Pastor Jim hot on his heels. His feet slapped on the runner rug in the hall as he ran for the master bedroom. Jim never invited them into his room. Dean had a sneaky suspicion it was because of Jim’s wife, Sarah. She had died long ago. Dad said it was because she was sick. There were times when Jim reminded him of the quiet side of his Dad."

Is this from the comic, or do I just not remember that background of Pastor Jim. OR did you just make that up? You're so clever like that!

Thanks for the great read!

84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »